RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot the messenger?
I did specify that I mean RD in general. From the outside it's very difficult to understand who's responsible for what.

I'm excited about what rF2 promises as much as anyone. And I'm sick with rF1 problems as much more than anyone (being an admin myself). But at this point there is no substitute, nor there will be in the nearest future.

I'm not trying to imply that you owe us S4. But some clarity is long long due!

Did anyone here ever persuade an admin by massive public trolling? Certainly looks like you're hoping to.

Here's the simple situation: we're not going to commit to a long RDLMS season in rFactor, knowing that rFactor 2 is here, be it in beta. We're not going to run a long RDLMS season in rFactor 2 until the game is actually released.

We do consider individual events, but that's a topic of discussion behind the scenes right now.

Can I spice this up with some sarcasm for Marcel?:p

"Eventually" means probably at least in a year's time(rF2 getting released+a sufficient endurance mod) Some people might forget all about RDLMS until then.

:p

Trolling a bit.

oh oh; no sarcasm meant from my side, regarding the RDLMS. With time, changes come; can't avoid or deny that. But I'm confident that Enduracers will come back with an updated ES Mod. Would be a shame if their great efforts get lost in the annals of modding history.:)

Regarding Lee's post, who is absolutely right about the need to follow the basic guidelines for successful swaps client-wise, I like to add, that when the number of teams on track are kept to a certain limit, unwanted disconnections can be handled server-wise too. Having large fields of 40+ teams is a bit over the top in my opinion. It may look like fun at first but the ejection only increases the more teams are on the grid. I'm not sure what the critical number of teams for a safe endurance race with swaps is; I remember reading something like 30 to 35 teams. The only problem I see is when many swap-drivers connect to the server at once, but this can be toned down by reducing the starter grid.

Also, people who wish to race in such a league accept the possibility of getting disconnected.:)

@Corey Slade It's an issue with the game itself that even ISI couldn't fix with rFactor. Looks at some of the most experience endurance teams last year. They run these kinds of leagues for years without problems and were now twice in a row victim of a disconnection.

Not sure if it works in rF2 already, anybody tested it?

@Lee Palmer at the beginning of the beta period ISI said that it would last for around six months. Unless they state otherwise the game will be out of beta around July. Maybe followed by a small demo and the game out for sale in September.

If we now still have to setup a rFactor 1 league we know a few things for sure.

During the summer months 100 - 120 drivers are not all able to commit to league racing due to holiday season which means you can only start with RDLMS in rFactor 1 as early as September / October just like in previous years. This means that the season will end in June 2013 (!!).
Do you really believe that people will still be playing rFactor 1 in the same amounts as now in June 2013? I know the answer to that: no they won't.

So what will happen is that RD continues the league as expected in rFactor 1 and that teams and drivers will slowly vanish to rFactor 2 and we are left with a half baked league where everybody is complaining about everybody and in the end it's of course RD's fault for not providing a full field of drivers. (see some of the responses posted above how people react to a small disappointment when a free league is taken away from them and some trolls liking posts that have never driven a single meter in any of the previous Le Mans Series before)

There wouldn't be a problem if every team committed to all the races. Even signed a contract for it if needed but unfortunately thats not what happens and we all know how commitment and simracing works when no money is involved. We deal with it every day of the week here.

Is the idea to just wait for rFactor 2 to go gold and than kick of a full LMS league so strange? If you take a good look at early released pictures that ISI showed about rFactor 2 that there are some very very very interesting vehicles shown. At least a few where I would wait for with a few months patience. :D Have a good look and imagine them on VLM Mid Ohio, VLM Le Mans 79, VLM Fuji, VLM Sebring or VLM <insert any epic track name>

rfactor2released-620x348.jpg

Other scenario could be a "paid league" where teams purchase a license but that goes against what we have always said that racing at RD should be free at all times. Would that be an option? Drop 100 euros deposit in the bank and if you finish the entire season you get it back? If you leave the league you loose it? That would in all honesty be the only way to continue RDLMS in rF1 with a complete filled up field with top drivers until June 2013 I fear and I personally don't like that at all but feedback is always welcome if you disagree :)

Are there any other ways/solutions? Shout it out plz as we do want to hear them.

Edit: also remember that the first RDLMS Yoeri, me and Chris Aponte organized wasn't exactly a league either as we didnt kept scores or standings but just organized five standalone events during a year. S2 was actually the first season where we kept scores. Still people enjoyed both seasons as much as it is all about driving together with your simracing friends and it can't be the love for the physics of the enduracers mod as it, and i say this with the deepest respect for the team's years long underestimated work, looks and sounds absolutely fabulous but most cars aren't driving like they should (understatement). The spirit of endurance racing can be done with any GT or Prototype car or even with a touring car when you see the real life 24H of the Ring :D

One of the plans that can be done in rFactor 2 is that we host various standalone events in the same style as the 24 Hours of the Nordschleife last year and call it the RD World Endurance Series with mega long races only without being into an official competition with season standings.

After such a season you are already a few months further in time and if by then there are still no suitable mods out than I think ISI will have a problem selling their games as they need the mods just as badly as we do.

Post is waay too long and full of errors probably, but hope you guys understand what I am trying to say. 3:40am 4:15am bed time as i need to cheer for MSC tomorrow :)

RD must do a final Endurance race on RF1 24H of pure racing, and passion. we all love, or hate rf1 but it still one of the best simracing games and with Enduracers mod it is the best!!!! but time has passed, and RF2 is on its way, and now when its not released yet, it seems to me that it gonna be THE GREATEST Simracing game ever made (exept asseto corsa can do something incredible)) imo we had to say good by RF1 and welcome RF2. but we all must give ISI regards for being with us all this time, and i think it will be great to do one or to "last" races on it at the end of sumer))

I know that many many many racers were waiting for the new season of RDLMS, but we can start it now and race until RF2 releas or just wait for the release. But if u had ever raced on RF2 u really wont go first way)))

IMO IMO IMO IMO)))

Well - hoping to see S4 run using the pure unedited Enduracers Mod. SP2 maybe with the New Porsches' if there finished/released, on rFactor. Hoping you'll see entries from Team Aware and White Knockels.

One question - are drivers allowed to drive for more than one team?

the Porsche´s will be added to the Endurance mod in a later stage. Basically after we release a new SP for a different platform. At least that is the plan.

Bram & Staff, i have never participated in a RDLM'S league as i find im a noob.... but let me just say, you are doing this for the best interest of the everyone, the driver's who will certanly complain when half the league is gone, oh jolly they all may say yes im 100% commited but a few weeks or months down the line they will either lose interest due to the weather and other commitments or have lost the passion to simrace at that moment in time.

It's best to wait, what is a few more months wait? nothing compared to what you guy's can expect in a new overhaul of rFactor, surely you would want the excitement 2x better then what it is in rFactor 1? surely the new physics, new details, new weather system and sounds will entice you and wait a few more months for that glorious 24 hours, 6 hours or whatever the race time will be, the glorious moment of going on track with over 34 drivers buzzing around in the dead of night or the crack of dawn.

just be patient, wait and you will not regret the waiting period.

It's best to wait, what is a few more months wait?
You are very optimistic, unless you're waiting for a mish-mash of converted NFS SHIFT models with random sounds and ridiculous physics to be released for rF2 in a few months. For mods like the ES It's more like years rather than months! It may take months till rF2 will be at a point when modders like EnduRacers will make a decision to start working on huge projects that are required for such a league. Then it may take years to complete and release those mods.

You are very optimistic, unless you're waiting for a mish-mash of converted NFS SHIFT models with random sounds and ridiculous physics to be released for rF2 in a few months. For mods like the ES It's more like years rather than months! It may take months till rF2 will be at a point when modders like EnduRacers will make a decision to start working on huge projects that are required for such a league. Then it may take years to complete and release those mods.

Indeed, they are not even looking at rf2 modding yet with the Porsche mod being made for rf1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back