RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Offermans

The Last Garage
Premium
So, season 2 has been reviewed and in general was enjoyed by most. I was wondering what season 3 might look like. Any thoughts, official or otherwise? I would love to see another season starting soon! :)

All we know is there will be a Season 3. New blood has entered the RDLMS Staff ranks, which means more and better people on the right spots.

It hasn't been decided yet whether it will be a full championship season (like season 2) or whether it's going to be loose events untill rF2 goes live (more like season 1).

We're thinking about ditching one of the classes to provide extra entries in the other classes.

Anyhow, things are on the move and this time they don't depends so much on my availability, which is a big step forward in general.

I have been keeping a close eye on what's being talked about in season 3. and after reading what you have put in the post there it looks set to go that way. Me and some other members that have also been watching what is said about season 3 are not happy about things.

getting rid of the GT1 is out of order for 1 many teams love driving them cars.
Pre quly each round is just going to make this league like so many on RD all ready. All you will end up with is all the fast drivers off Rd in the league. You guys should look at real life racing drivers and teams do not get the boot because there not fast Rd events and leagues are meant to be for all of to take part in and enjoy not just the guys that can go super fast.

And as for moving to rF2 is just silly. how can you move some thing half way in to a season even if you do it like season 1 some will not have the money to get when it comes out also I really cant see the mod ported over to rF2 that fast the guys that make the mod take there time that is why its the best rF1 mod ever done. or you know some thing the rest of us don,t?

getting rid of the GT1 is out of order for 1 many teams love driving them cars.

You guys should look at real life racing drivers and teams do not get the boot because there not fast Rd events and leagues are meant to be for all of to take part in and enjoy not just the guys that can go super fast.

And as for moving to rF2 is just silly. how can you move some thing half way in to a season even if you do it like season 1 some will not have the money to get when it comes out also I really cant see the mod ported over to rF2 that fast the guys that make the mod take there time that is why its the best rF1 mod ever done. or you know some thing the rest of us don,t?

I will try to clear things up so you don't dig your hole any deeper......

This is a preview thread that was started up by a normal member, not by the people running this series.

Nothing has officially been announced so I think its a little silly to be making these claims about how the series is going to be run before the series has officially been announced.

In response to your first comment about removing the GT1s, you sort of answered it yourself,

"getting rid of the GT1 is out of order for 1 many teams love driving them cars."

"You guys should look at real life racing drivers and teams"

GT1 does not exist in "real life" Endurance racing any more and is just a GT2 with a bit more power and slightly better brakes.

And finally, to help calm your nerves about rF2, we would not be able to "move some thing half way in to a season" as so far, Enduracers have not confirmed that they will be converting the mod. We are still working out what the best solutions are to the issues that we face, but trying to estimate the release of rFactor 2 is near impossible so we are trying to minimise the risks early on to avoid a mass series drop off.

Im sure in the next few weeks more info for the series will be released and I can assure you that we will try and make this series reach its full potential and improve on last season's weaknesses.

Hope that clears a few things up.

In response to your first comment about removing the GT1s, you sort of answered it yourself,

"getting rid of the GT1 is out of order for 1 many teams love driving them cars."

"You guys should look at real life racing drivers and teams"

GT1 does not exist in "real life" Endurance racing any more and is just a GT2 with a bit more power and slightly better brakes.

Yeah and that's the point its not real for god sack half the cars that are in the mod do not even race in real life and have not done so for some time so are we going to not race them because they don't race in real life? No I don't think so.

It is a game and also are you going to get the rights to edit the GT2 cars to make them faster?

It should not be up to the staff to say they will get some cars gone things like that should be put in a vote for all of Rd to vote on.

To many chiefs if you ask me.

Also what hole are you going on about freedom of speech mean any thing these days

I think you should hold fire with your claims, as I have mentioned in my previous post, nothing in this thread is official.

So please, wait a few weeks to see what gets announced instead of making unnecessary posts. Once it is all announced, you can make the decision on whether you enter or not.

May I remind you that the RDLMS team is not running this for our own personal benefit, it is of course, for the members.

If you don't want people to post as you call "unnecessary posts" then maybe you should not have things posted in a place that every member on the site can go and see it.

And after reading what I did i had to ask what was going on as I have a contract in place for my car and I need to get things redone ie a new contract to have names on my car.

So yeah I think I have every right to post and ask a very easy thing as it costs me money to put things right

If you fill me in on your dates/contract obligations im sure we can create a tailor made series to suit your needs.

This is starting to drag on a bit and I seem to be typing the same thing in all of my posts.

Nothing has officially been announced, ideas are being discussed and in the next few weeks im sure info will be released. Once you have seen the official series info you can decide on whether you enter or not.

I think its time we ended this discussion as I feel that no response at this given moment will resolve the issues that you have with a series that has not been officially announced.

"I can see why you left your last staff job George"

Thank you for announcing my new position at RD, Im glad you noticed that I have stepped up to one of the biggest Sim Racing Communities in the world.

See you on track soon!

Thanks for taking this personal discussion off-line. I almost regret starting this post. I was merely trying to inquire where we are with Season 3. Just curious, not demanding anything.

What a way to start a season.

Anyhow, we try to make the best of it. New blood has entered the ranks and that's a huge step forward compared to the previous seasons. As more capable people run the series, it's quality will get better. There will be ways in which Season 3 differs from Season 2. We know that some decisions we make will have some downsides, but generally we think the decisions we make contribute to a step forward. If you don't like what you read, please wait and give it a shot once we get things underway. If you don't like it after that, well, you're not obliged to run the series. One cannot argue about taste.

As a side note to what Yoeri said, please keep this thread on topic and avoid angry post like the above. Feedback is always welcomed but in a constructive manner rather than ranting. Please note that we are still in the planning stages and nothing is set in concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%