RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please define what you mean by "legal" , because i have browsed the download section here, and am not sure what you are getting at ?

Its a term thats been used for Sim Racing mods for years. Some people call these filles "leeched". Basicly how it works is say you have a track you've made in rFactor if I then take your track, add my own textures and slightly modify one corner and then re-release it that file is then know as non legal. In situations like this there are no real legal issues with using that track its just that alot of people like to show respect to the original author and thus boycott these leeched files. As Ben says though, there are also sometimes where the situation is inflicting copyright (this comes when converting tracks between games).

Anyone agree Laguna Seca should be in the calendar? The corkscrew is a hell of a turn, also Laguna got a great layout and is quite fun to race at :) I also suggest Nürburgring (not the Green Hell as P1's and P2's wouldn't have a chance to keep on track lol)

Laguna wouldn't be bad, but still a pretty small track for 4 classes. I hope there is some "out of the box" thinking for tracks for the upcoming season. Some "out of the box" thinking brought in Old Ring in S1 which turned out to be a very good track for 4-class endurance racing. I'm sure there are many other diamonds in the rough if there is just a little investigating.

I would like to point out that this thread's onlu purpose is for the asking and answering of questions. Please use the Paddock for chats and discussions. As for those who are bothered with the question what circuit will host round one, I can only say that we are looking at some tracks to make sure we pick a good one. You may put up suggestions, but ultimately the decision will be the staff's, no matter how many people agree or object.

Please Q&A here and chat elsewhere.

RDLMS S2 - Old briefing threads (merged)

The track selections seem to be limited on what can support 30+ cars "out of the box" for pit spaces. I know there are several track modders out there who can address the pit space AIW editing fairly quickly, but getting them to do it is another problem.

What if team owners paid $2 USD per car entry and that money is used to pay a track modder to adjust tracks for the endurance races? The money should be minor and that would help open up the track selection for the races.

I think the problem is more about connection issues, there won't be need to pay to have the tracks modified, I'm almost sure, RD has some of the best modders involved and they are always willing to help.

I'm curious about what the league staff says.

There were several tracks ruled not viable last season due to pit spots (as well as Road America having problems which were not addressed). I would think, if the modders were available those wouldn't have been an issue.

The choice of tracks we make is influenced by the amount of spots it has without touching it, but it's not the choking point. We look at several aspects:
- looks/textures
- capacity/spots
- legality
- lenght/width (number of possible lines, passing oppertunities, etc)
- day/night skies (in case of night races)

Some things are fixable, some are not. We do tend to choose the easy way, but if we have a good track in our hands and pit spots are the only drawback, then surely we will find someone to fix that for us. ;)

If that's the case, then why not exclude the easy way out and make this series unique by picking good tracks that other endurance series cannot use (because of lack of modders)? IMO, picking the same tracks that are always run just because it's easy may ultimately hurt participation. Running good/different tracks is a good way to differentiate this series from others and keep driver interest levels high.

Hi I dont know where to ask exactly but I guess its fitting here since I RDLMS S2 is the reason I started a team. I registered the team a little more than a week ago and Ive gotten the activation-mail but the team havent been validated yet. How long does it take for validation? :)

(edit: oh I thought I was in the Q&A-thread, sorry! :frown: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back