RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think Spa should be on the calander for S2. But for some strange reason there still isn't a good version available. The 88 for example has that strange overhanging tree after Eau Rouge coming up to Kemel. But it only looks like a tree ... in fact it's a concrete wall and it's definately race over when you have to steer too much to the right coming out of Eau Rouge. Let's hope a good version will be available soon.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but I'd like to see rfactor monitor used. If having too many clients connecting to it causes a stress(no idea if it will just saying) we could limit the use of it to drivers only so the team mates can monitor progress of their driver. I believe ERL league uses it without problems.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFactorMonitor

This is a great live timing tool with all the information you need. We use it whenever we can! All you need is a spectator( with good upload if you want many ppl to be able to watch) on the server to host the rfactor monitor and people can watch it providing they are given the ip and the password (if needed).

There will be no extra traffic for the rfactor server except for one more spectator ( the data will only be spread, so no extra traffic or load for the server) if thats a concern.

I agree with Kamran...you should test the tool and consider using it for the next season!

If you have any questions on how to set this tool up, just send me a pm!

Little update
Tested the Jacksoneville version, a lot better though there are still a few points of danger.

-The first corner comes off the main straight, it is kind of unsighted and I feel there maybe issues with out braking yourself which then puts you back out on the oval track(sector2) with a cutting warning!
-The infield is very tight and slippy for proto cars
-The 'open' layout leaves a lot for the driver to decide what is cutting and what is not, administering penalties could be tricky here if people go super super aggressive
~Chris

Lime Rock anyone?

Being ceral for a while; there where a fair few "power" circuits in season 1 and I'd like to see less of them. If it means the Admin become harder on Proto-type drivers for not giving people time and space then so be it. Something like Mugello would be great, a real drivers circuit with a good rhythm, but still plenty of places to pass.

+1

Never did an endurance league in rfactor before the RDLMS S1, but I am completely hooked now. Hopefully I have time to actually practice for this season as I was not really up to speed with the cars.

S2 can only be better from all points of views. Bring it on :)

I have done a Lime Rock race before with the ILMS mod and it was very enjoyable. P drivers need a lot of patience but I thought overall it was good to try something a little different.

Mosport is another good option.

Have to agree with Lee and Bram, Me and my mate Gary drive from the one PC and we make a day of it, one or two beers, chill out and a six eight or twelve hour race in front of us, fantastic and the last two races we have had Eyefinity setup which really enhances the racing.

Hi Im about to start a team to compete with in this league, but I havent decided on the teamname yet. Is it possible to change it at a later stage?

..and if I may put my spoon in the track-pot I would like to see that Sebring(If you people talk about some tracks beeing mainstay in all endurance-leagues this is the ultimate one, boring) be stripped from the calendar and replaced by something like Spa(Does it really matter if we drove the 90's version? It is after all one of the better configurations of the track) or Nürburgring Nordschleife(Yeah why not? :) ).
Fuji should stay as some already mentioned that its excellent for endurance and it looks the part aswell, if you gonna drive for 6-8hrs why not drive something beautiful? Other track-tips: Sepang, Monza, Brno, Birmingham Motorplex, Adelaide, Jarama, Hermanos Rodriguez, Barcelona and Silverstone.

I'll 3rd the question about when team principals are notified if their team license for season 2 is acccepted? Or will a list be published of the accepted teams rather then a personal notification?

I think the key word from Ivos post is Legal. I geuss none are avliable that RD can use due to permisions.
Please define what you mean by "legal" , because i have browsed the download section here, and am not sure what you are getting at ?

I'm new to Rfactor and haven't looked at any mods or tracks for it besides the endurance mod, but i would find it hard to believe that in all this time a decent gtr1/gtr2 spa convertion hasn't been released publicly that can be used???

Hey George Pol, fancy seeing you here, i remember you from the GTR1 days, remember the TRM leagues? :D
( i was known as (lSd)whistler instead of sturgis back then though :) )

To join in on the track selection discussions for S2, I think Silverstone 2010 (FSR version) would be cool, Shanghai by Team China is great, Monza (Brianza) by ISI would be fun aswell.

My personal preference would be Silverstone 2010 (FSR version) and Shanghai by Team China, to put them in season 2. :)

Please define what you mean by "legal" , because i have browsed the download section here, and am not sure what you are getting at ?

I'm new to Rfactor and haven't looked at any mods or tracks for it besides the endurance mod, but i would find it hard to believe that in all this time a decent gtr1/gtr2 spa convertion hasn't been released publicly that can be used???

It has been done, but GTR2 is by Simbin, which is a completely different game than rF. They released a statement that they would not persue actions if the conversions where only done from an older sim (GTR2) to a newer by Simbin (Race On), but they would also ask not to convert to other games (rFactor). RD (and a lot of modders) respect this statement by not using the 'illegal' conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%