RD iRacing Oval Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 (RDINDY'12) | Intro & Info
iroadkopie.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the the second running of the RaceDepartment Indy 500 in iRacing. Last season saw a huge turn-out of drivers that gathered to pick up the virtual bottle of milk. Lots of crashes painted the picture of the first half of the race; close fighting dominated the second half. This year we're looking to go bigger and better than last year, so go get that FREE RaceDepartment Licensed Membership and sign-up for this annual high-speed thrill!

2m608bm.png

OFFICIAL RESULTS
REPLAY - Complete
REPLAY - Part 1
REPLAY - Part 2
Event schedule
  • Date: Sunday 20 May 2012
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (80 minutes)
  • Qualification: 16:20 GMT, 1 lap, lone qualifyer (10 minutes)
  • Race: 16:30 GMT, 200 laps, 500 miles (270 minutes)
  • Car: Dallara IndyCar
  • Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Indy Oval
  • Server farm: NL-Ams
  • Starting type: standing
  • Fast tows: Unlimited
  • Cautions: full course cautions on
  • Restarts: single file
  • Racers/server: 33 (possibly extended to 55)
  • Hardcore level: Disable all driving aids (but clutch assist ok)
How to join?
  1. Apply for a free RaceDepartment Licensed Membership here
  2. Sign up for the RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 here
Important links

I'm talking to the people who run in my league, and am trying to move our race, so that it doesn't clash with yours...

Just seems stupid to me to have competition in the IndyCar, and this race is kinda bigger (Though I was there first ;))...

P.S You getting the race broadcasted? I can have a chat with Glacier if you want...

I haven't found one yet, going to start working on one once I get my Lotus setup for next week sorted. My assumption is that Ryan made most of the fixed setups, so I don't expect anything forthcoming from him - I don't know if there were any changes to the models after he made it or what.

I'm talking to the people who run in my league, and am trying to move our race, so that it doesn't clash with yours...

Just seems stupid to me to have competition in the IndyCar, and this race is kinda bigger (Though I was there first ;))...

P.S You getting the race broadcasted? I can have a chat with Glacier if you want...
No plans as of now. Our contact is usually with SimRace.TV who provide excellent broadcasting, but I'm a bit hesitant as RD and iRacing aren't quite well accustomed yet. I'm not overly confident to put it all on broadcast just yet, but I'm going to discuss this with staff.

PS: Don't forget about your licensed membership. It usually takes a couple of days to get it through procedure as it's manual.

Hey guys :)
if u believe it or not, this will be my first oval race EVER. But dont panic, i wont smash somebody out of the race, its more the fun of such an endurence race :) So my question is simple: if somebody wants to team up to share setups and practice together not only in the official test session, pls let me know, i will appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%