Tyres: Comfort Soft
Tuning: Yes
Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: On
Availability: 11th August 2012 to 23th August 2012

Prizes
To celebrate the third RD GT5 Time Trial, the prize on offer is a brand new Ferrari F40, this elegant machine comes fully tuned with a full set of racing tyres. This powerful beauty is painted in the magnificent Rosso Corso

RDGT5TT3PrizeCarcopy.jpg

Rules
You must run the TT in Seasonal events. Available from the GT Life screen.
Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.

You must save a replay of your best lap for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.

When submitting your time you must state what car you were using.

How to Enter
The GT5 TTs are open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is Stu999man. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 TT' in the message so that I know who you are.

Click on 'Seasonal Events' and then the selected TT. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!

When you are done running laps, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.
Post your lap times in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try again! ;)

Leaderboard:
1. Dubravko Sparovec- 3.00.792- Lotus 111R '04
2. Herve De Braekeleer- 3.05.597- Pagani Zonda C12 '00
3. FerrariMan96- 3.06.572- Lotus 111R '04

Ok, finally starting to get somewhere :)

3:06.572 in a Lotus Elise 111R '04 with aero upgrades to bring it up to 450PP as well as some non-PP-modifying upgrades such as suspension, flywheel, LSD etc.

Lap is not perfect but a good starting point.

Side note: C'mon guys, give me some competition :)

I highly recommend the Suzuki GSX-R4 Conecpt, with a good setup you could dip in 2:49 range.

I saw that that car is dominating the online standings, but unfortunately the only ways to obtain it are by winning the B-Spec Formula GT Championhip (impossible seeing as I have completely ignored B-Spec :p) or through the Used Car dealership (becase it is a standard car), which is a stupid way to obtain something like 800 of the game's cars when only a few dozen (24 I think?) show up at a time... All of the really good cars should be in the normal dealers IMHO, I check the Used dealer often but I may have missed it a day or two ago for all I know because they only stay on for 6 game days or something... Oh well...

Ohw, I was playing with the idea "If you can participate in the time trail, you can put your best time here".
If it's not allowed to use the power restrictor, or just in a limited amound (Pagani was more or less 490pp), I can remove my entry and retry tonight with a stock less powerfull car.

Ohw, I was playing with the idea "If you can participate in the time trail, you can put your best time here".
If it's not allowed to use the power restrictor, or just in a limited amound (Pagani was more or less 490pp), I can remove my entry and retry tonight with a stock less powerfull car.

If you had used the power limiter, that's fine as it classfies as tuning to make the car legal.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.1%