Car: Japanese K Cars
PP: 350
Track:Eiger Nordwand Short Course
Tyres: Comfort Medium
Tuning: Yes
Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Availability: 12th July 2012 to 26th July 2012

Prizes
To celebrate the first GT5 TT, the prize on offer is a brand new Nissan GT-R Black Mask, this powerful heavyweight demolishes lightweight super cars and will even put up a strong fight against Super GT’S. This powerful beast comes fully tuned with a full set of racing tyres as well being painted in super black.

AhrweilerGate.jpg

In addition to the car there will be a bonus prize awarded to one of the top ten drivers between 2nd and 12th. The driver will be picked by a random number generator. So, even if you don't make 1st place there is still a chance to win a prize!

Rules
You must run the TT in Seasonal events. Available from the GT Life screen.
Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.

You must save a replay of your best lap for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.

How to Enter
The GT5 TTs are open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is Stu999man. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 TT' in the message so that I know who you are.

Click on 'Seasonal Events' and then the selected TT. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!

When you are done running laps, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.

Post your lap times in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try again! ;)

Leaderboard:
1. Herve De Braekeleer- 1:25.789- Daitushi OFC Concept '07
2. Dubravko Sparovec- 1:26.134 - BEAT Version Z '93
3.Daz Webb- 1:29.699- Daitushi OFC Concept '07
4. Bradley Vanian- 1:29:853- BEAT Version Z '93

So you can use any cars you want and upgrade the cars as much as you like (within the limits of course)?

That's right, it allows everyone to try a bit of everything find a car which suits their paritculaur driving style.

Sort of ruins the point of time trial competitions if someone has the choice to have a better car than you. :unsure:

No it doesn't, classifying certian cars "better" is unfair

Sort of ruins the point of time trial competitions if someone has the choice to have a better car than you. :unsure:
No it doesn't, classifying certian cars "better" is unfair

Quickly going back to your point I have been looking at the online rankings for the K Cars Time trial and it's clear that there isn't a "better" car. Yes alot of people are using the same car doesn't nessarily mean its better, it is most likely that it is more popular car, but with 5 different cars in the top 10 rankings (currently). It's hard to tell if there are any "better" cars for this TT, which in turn makes everyone experiment with different cars therefore making more of a challenge.

you have missed a big factor... driver skill. even if two drivers have the same setup, same car, same track. If a driver is more experinced than the other, the more experinced driver 9/10 will be quicker.

So you're saying that everyone in a Time Trial should be AI that drive in exactly the same way and at exactly the same speed getting the exact same laptime, meaning they are the same skill ?

I don't understand what you mean. The whole point of a Time Trial is to find out which driver is quicker. Drivers can be quicker because of driver skill or because of experience with the car/track.

So you're saying that everyone in a Time Trial should be AI that drive in exactly the same way and at exactly the same speed getting the exact same laptime, meaning they are the same skill ?

I'm not saying that everyone should drive like an AI, im saying that you can never get the same driving conditions for group of drivers.

Drivers can be quicker because of driver skill or because of experience with the car/track.

Yes, i know that Bradley. That's what i've just said

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing