RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best result for the season, very happy. I got the absolute maximum I could today. Thanks to @Chris Stacey & @Sniper for the server & league setup.

Had a pretty clean start avoiding the chaos. Got past frank who had wing damage and the race was pretty uneventful after that. Kept it clean. @Aidan Keranen was closing the gap towards the end but I managed to hold onto 6th.

2015-02-21_00002.png
2015-02-21_00003.png
2015-02-21_00004.png
2015-02-21_00005.png

:cool::D

Last edited:
Quailed 4th
Finished 5th

By far my best race for the season, was watching @Matt Bailey closing the gap for the first few laps but lucky enough to be able to pull away and chase @David Armstrong , went from 4 secs down on lap 4 to 0.4 secs down by the end of the race 1 more lap please next time @Chris Stacey . Great work on the Season Chris its a big commitment.

Congrats to @Sun Levi , too good and great job @Justin Talent for second and David for third in the league.

Cya next time

I basically had P8 locked up for the Championship. Because of Michael Stead's absence, I had a good shot at P7, and an outside chance at P6. Decided to say "what the hell" and was running 1/0 for wings for the race. It felt good during offline practice with 90% grip, but on the practice server it seemed a lot more slippery though :(.

Qualified 7th, Locked up going into T1, and narrowly missed hitting @David Armstrong, but still ended up gaining a spot there Gained another spot after the first chicane. Out of nowhere @Akis was flying up behind me after Parabolica and got by me on L2 T1. Went sideways at Ascari but saved it. Unfortunately that allowed @Frank to get a run on me. He tried an inside pass at Parabolica, but he had no turn-in because of an incident he had at T1 start, and bumped me off the track.

I had slight front wing damage, but now was in last place. Had hopes to get back into things, but the compromised front wing caused me to clip the exit kerb at Ascari and I now damaged the rear wing after hitting the wall. That killed my top end speed, and I just nursed it home for some points.

Congrats to @Sun Levi for yet again dominating the race! Thanks @Chris Stacey & @Sniper for hosting!

It has still only been about a year since I actually bought some wheel/pedals and took sim racing seriously. At the beginning of the season I expected to be at the bottom of the pack with an outside shot at a top 10 placing. I think I ended up in 8th place, and I am happy with that. Looking at the drivers above me, it would have been really tough to finish much higher! Its been fun driving with you all and hope to race with you all sometime in the near future!

BTW....is RD picking up the travel for the Post-season awards ceremony? :)

Qualifying: 6th
Race: 14th

Not much to be happy with for this one. Went in with a simple "nothing to lose" mentality, so while the pressure was off, the chances of me pushing too hard and ruining my race were high, which naturally ended up happening.

Stuffed up quali. Ran wide on Parabolica on the first of my two flying laps on my final run, which ruined both laps and put me in a disappointing 6th.

I had a great start off the line in the race, which was helped by Tony in front being held up by Akis having a slow launch. Was up 3 places before turn 1.

Kinda went to crap after that though. Had a scary moment on the outside kerb of Lesmo 2 on lap 1 (which you can all see in Sun's pic :p) which lost me the chance of sitting in the Sun + Chris slipstream. From there I knew my only chance of catching them was to start pushing out quali-like laps and hope they would eventually lose time to each other in a battle. However my setup never really had the grip I needed to do this and with Akis chasing me down, I was too aggressive into Lesmo 1 and spun off the outside kerb on lap 3. Akis was very lucky to miss me. From there I had to agonisingly wait for most of the field to pass me by, and with my rear wing destroyed I had to pit as well.

Lost about 90 seconds due to all this, so I just plodded around the rest of the race. Figured to have a stab at fastest lap late in the race, so I pitted for softs with a few laps to go and barely took that out, so not all was lost. :)

Thanks everyone for the fantastic season. It's been a great success despite the little hiccups we've had throughout. Thanks to Chris for the effort put into organising all this, to all the other admins for their stewarding efforts and to Tony for the server. :)

Q: 3rd
R: 3rd

Qualifying was good, I felt I got the maximum from the car in those track conditions. Lost a bit of time in the T4 chicane but nothing to really complain about. Good laps by @Sun Levi and @Akis to take first and second respectively.

The launch was probably the best I've had all season. Closed on Sun somewhat, but had to be very careful in to Turn 1. From there it seemed that Sun and I had the pace to run away with it, however at about mid race distance I caught a wheel on the exit curbing of Lesmo 2, and had a half spin, and wasn't able to keep it out of the barriers. Fortunately, the damage wasn't significant (light yellow front and rear bumpers), which meant my pace was still strong enough to maintain 3rd place after Akis overtook me down the main straight.

Happy with 3rd even though I took myself out of the running for 3rd in the championship with the mistake of my own doing, but @David Armstrong deserved to be 3rd with the level of consistency he'd shown all season long.

Congratulations Sun on an astonishing Seven wins in seven races. Will be tough to chase you down next season if your dominance from this season is anything to go by.

• Huge thanks to @Sniper for providing the excellent server which allows us to host this great stuff, it really wouldn't be possible with out you mate!
  • Thank you to @David Armstrong and @Joao Alves for helping me out with technical things throughout the season, which has helped massively in the publicizing of this league.
  • Thank you to all the RD staff members who gave up their free time to review incidents no matter how complex or simple they may have been.
  • And last but not least, thank you to everyone for participating in what has been a huge learning experience for not only myself, but I'm sure all of you too, in this first league for Assetto Corsa. Upon starting this league, I was told that I should prepare for the attendance rate to drop off at an alarming rate, but I'm so happy to say that we seemed to be an exception to the rule, because the attendance for every race was mega!
  • It may not have always gone the way you wanted, but that's just one aspect of motorsport that you've got to accept, and I hope you've all had a great time racing in a highly competitive environment with cars that are not easy to drive as they're on the limit of grip 100% of the time.

See you in the clubs for some great fun, but I really hope to see you all back for the next series we're running in a few months time.

Cheers guys, legends each and every one of ya!

Thanks to @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for all the effort on our behalf .
Apologies,particularly to @Noel Spence for tonight and anyone else affected. Not happy affecting somebody else's race. You feel **** when you get taken out yourself but it's worse when you cause someone else to miss out.
Looking forward to more fun with this group of fellas.
Well done to all the podium winners for the season and particularly @Sun Levi . Wow what a complete performance. Certainly something to admire.

Last edited:
Q: 2nd
R: 2nd

I tried to race as conservatively as possible. Maybe I was too conservative at the race start :redface::roflmao: but later on things got better. Eventually after some unfortunate moments of the drivers ahead of me I regained the 2nd position.

Kudos to @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for all the hard work, I had a lot of fun being part of the VFAC! Thank you all guys!

Feedback.jpg

To all drivers who participated in this seasons RDVFAC.
Here's your chance to give your personal feedback on what you liked and disliked about this league, and how you think it could be improved in the future.

Don't be afraid to criticize, but please make it constructive so that it can be improved upon for future league racing. Don't just say "Such and such was crap", tell me why it was "crap", and what to do next time to make it better.

Your feedback will not only help the running of any leagues that I organize, but any other Assetto Corsa league hosted here at RaceDepartment.

Cheers!

Last edited:
not sure what to say really ,so here we go cheers to chris and tony for setting up every week and thanks for jao for doing the nice skins , i will have a think if i will join the next league its sort of gets a bit repetitive being hit all the time ,so you loose that enjoyment part of it ,and it becomes a chore

That has only ever applied to club racing. Because leagues are far more competitive, the offending driver doesn't need to wait because if he's done something wrong, the penalty system will penalise him regardless of whether they wait or not.

fair enough it would be something good too bring in though ,even on good public servers a guy will accidently take you out ,and give his place back , its all a good feel thing, and respect for your fellow racers

Round 7:
Drivers: @Jamie Pyatt & @Noel Spence
Incident: Lap 1, Turn 1 & 2 - Red Zone. Pyatt runs deep into Turn 1 to allow room on the inside of the corner. In an attempted to rejoin the track before turn 2, Pyatt then launches over the Turn 2 sausage curb, and makes contact with Spence, forcing him to retire.
Evidence: /watch?v=11ur8zyGcgM
Penalty: -10 Penalty points awarded to Jamie Pyatt for unsafe re-entry of the track, and causing an avoidable incident in the red zone that resulted in the retirement of at least two other drivers.

I have nothing but positive feedback to share! @Chris Stacey and everyone involved in organizing the league - great job guys!
The time of the events suits me perfectly (even though I had to miss a couple of events, that was just bad luck)
It was a nice feeling to know the people on the grid...it made it that much more close to the real thing where you do know the people you are racing.
I do have things that I wish they were better but that is a limitation of AC at this point so not sure there is a point to start listing them here as they were already mentioned in other threads. The one thing I can mention is, I know pit stops are still not great but I'd like to see longer races with 1 mandatory stop in the future. It mixes things up and adds strategy into the mix.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the experience and will join the next one for sure...this time, I will also practice before the races :rolleyes:

Again, great job guys, thank you for organizing it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Everything was spot on for me, love the details you put in the thread for each round Chris! I enjoyed every race and this was without a doubt the best sim racing experience I've had, so thanks once again to the people involved in organizing and of course everyone who signed up!

Can't wait to see what RD has to offer next, Keep up the great work guys! :thumbsup:

I can't criticize anything, everything was perfect as far as I'm concerned. Longer races are something I'm really keen for, but we need longer replays from AC first.
You've done a top job Chris :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back