RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

Just a FYI. Everything is slowly coming together:) another cool piece of info, is that we will be using Syncpro like FSR (kind of like the autoupdater FPES has), so there wont be any problems with tracks, skins, etc.. updates :)

FPWS S4 - Round 7: Abu Dhabi - December 18th, 2010

7abudhabiposter.png

(Flyer by David Garcia)

Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT
Warmup: 19:55 GMT
Race: 20:05 GMT (55 laps)

Note 1: Couple of provisos: you cannot pick the 'Chose Driver Update' Ferrari or Renault currently. There is a very curious issue here and I am working on solving it still.

Note 2: The green runoff area is part of the track. So its allowed to go over it. See picture for info. Wheels on the Blue part is considered cutting
GRAB_003(1).jpg

Launch Control: Launch Control is mandatory at the start of the race

Formation lap: Weaving is allowed during the formation lap until you reach the final sector (the beginning of the final sector will shown by a League Admin in the race thread with a screenshot)
It is strictly prohibited to do burnouts or brake testing during any part of the Formation lap!
rFactor 2010-12-09 11-17-24-90.jpgf1.vae.jpg

More Info: Check here

FPWS S4 - Round 6: Interlagos - December 4th, 2010

6interlagosposter.png

(Flyer by David Garcia)

Race: 20:05 GMT (71 laps)

Note 1: Couple of provisos: you cannot pick the 'Chose Driver Update' Ferrari or Renault currently. There is a very curious issue here and I am working on solving it still.

Formation lap: Weaving is allowed during the formation lap until you reach the final sector (the beginning of the final sector will shown by a League Admin in the race thread with a screenshot)
It is strictly prohibited to do burnouts or brake testing during any part of the Formation lap!
rFactor 2010-11-28 00-01-18-21.jpginterlagos_2000.png

FPWS S4 - Round 5: Suzuka - November 20th, 2010

5suzukaposter.png

(Flyer by David Garcia)​

Race: 20:05 GMT (53 laps)

rFactor 2010-11-15 11-38-21-06.jpgSuzuka.jpg

FPWS S4 - Round 4: Singapore - October 30th, 2010

4singaporeposter.png

(Flyer by David Garcia)​

Practice: 18:00 GMT
Qualifying: 18:30 GMT
Warmup: 18:55 GMT
Race: 19:05 GMT (61 laps)

rFactor 2010-10-25 11-12-27-21.jpgf1.sgp (1).jpg

FPWS S4 - Round 3: Monza - October 16th, 2010

3monzaposter.png

(Flyer by David Garcia)​

Race: 19:05 GMT (53 laps)

rFactor 2010-10-11 01-17-53-71.jpgmonza-circuit_000.jpg

FPWS S4 - Round 2: Spa-Francorchamps - September 25th, 2010

2spaposter.png

(Flyer by David Garcia)​

Race: 19:00 GMT (44 laps)

rFactor 2010-09-20 10-50-14-29.jpgspa.jpg

FPWS S4 - Round 1: Hungaroring - September 11th, 2010

1hungaroringposter.png

(Flyer by David García)

Race: 19:00 GMT (70 laps)

Note 2: The green runoff area is part of the track. So its allowed to go over it. See picture for info.
rFactor 2010-09-06 15-54-52-30.jpg

Launch Control: Launch Control is mandatory at the start of the race.

rFactor 2010-09-06 15-55-49-48.jpgcircuit_hungaroring_w.jpg

Launch Control

We made a special version of the mod which will include Launch Control, and the version can run without problems next to the SP and MP version. It will show up ingame as FSONE FPS.

Note: This patch will be passworded and private, and therefore exclusive to RaceDepartment. Team owners will be informed of the password and it will be their duty to let their drivers know the password. Distribution of the password and/or archive will be strictly prohibited.

don't know if someone did that question but.....

rFactor has the opportunity to run more than 25 cars together, so how many cars will run together in a race??? we will have 2 division/server or just only one with 40-50 drivers or maybe we will do a pre-qualification stage before every race where only the guys that do a time into the 105% can race??? or maybe only top 25-30 can race together in a race???

just some question for keep that thread alive!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back