RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

There are no templates currently so it would be very difficult.
Orly? Check out my new costume livery :wink:
darth-vader_ariel-atom.jpg

I just got the chance to check out the FSONE mod yesterday evening at Eric's house. My first reaction was to notice how well the interface GUI is - much nicer and easier to navigate than before. Next was the car sitting in the paddock - awesome graphics!

Next up was the test drive - albeit without an appropriate chassis setup. The force feedback, graphics, real-time telemetry that Eric had installed was impressive! After the first few corners, I actually felt some good force feedback and could actually feel the car as I began to power oversteer, and even more surprisingly, I could feel the force feedback indicate when I lost the rear-end due to compression braking/turning simultaneously! I had never felt that before and the all important "feel" of the car got me all excited!

In SIM racing, you have to (this is my internal rant here) "feel" the car by sensing what you are missing in real life - G-forces. Without the fore/aft/lateral G-forces, you're pretty much driving blind and can't approach the limits very well. In real life, you'll know once you've gone past the limit and in the previous mod I always had a hard time with power oversteer issues. Three short laps and I was feeling things I had not previously and I'm impressed! I am engaged again :)

Awesome mod, great work and I cannot wait to drive more and get the mod setup!

looks like ENB series dll. And I don't think it is track IR, its look to apex, see how the view follows the wheel to the outside of the corner when he counter steers. I can't drive without it these days. Id much prefer Trackir though the counter steer thing really bugs me.

Thanks guys. Most is just a 2 week break but 2 times a 3 week break. But wanted to be finished before the Christmas vacaction.
Abdul it ends at 9 Sep right? Was planning to start 1 week earlier but thought about it and that Ramadhan always ends at the end of August bit sometimes also and the beginning of September.

FPWS S4 - Penalties

Penalties for each event will be listed in this thread.

The stewards panel is composed of:

Ryan Callan
Will Marquez
Ivo Simons
Dave Stephenson

You may contact any of these staff for explanations and/or appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%