RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

Why rFactor?
- 2009 cars
- short pit stops
- "Park Ferme" rule (Q3 setups = race setup)
- No more Nvidia freezes
- Larger grid (no more 25 cars grid limitation)
- 3 qualifying sessions to spice things up
----- Q1 could run Monday through Wed with a max of 10laps allowed per driver
----- Q2 Wed through Friday max 10laps
----- Q3 on race day (~15mins)
----- The grid would be then set manually based on those. The entire event might be shorten from the 2.5hours we have today to under 2 hours.

Is it possible with the Mod (FSONE2009) to reduce the amount of things you can change setup wise so there is more of an equal playing field for everyone?

This will help out those of us who don't know a lot about setups (especially those who are coming from only playing the race series where there isn't too much too change and where the setups aren't very realistic compared to real life),

AND (MORE IMPORTANTLY)

--> May reduce the number of people that miss races, because not as much time would be needed to spend purely on setups to be competitive for each race.

--> We will have more time to spend on planning our strategy and practicing race stints- which will reduce the number of DNF's for each round (because people will be very aware of how the car feels with different fuel load, tyre wear etc.)

Is it possible with the Mod (FSONE2009) to reduce the amount of things you can change setup wise so there is more of an equal playing field for everyone?

This will help out those of us who don't know a lot about setups (especially those who are coming from only playing the race series where there isn't too much too change and where the setups aren't very realistic compared to real life),

Hope you do not mind posting my comment on this subject .. in my opinion , It might help some in one hand & in another hand it might make other people annoyed; driving a car that is not much to their liking will make racing less enjoyable.

Hope you do not mind posting my comment on this subject .. in my opinion , It might help some in one hand & in another hand it might make other people annoyed; driving a car that is not much to their liking will make racing less enjoyable.

That's a really good point! (know you have a 'unique' driving style :) was a bit ignorant on my behalf)

In that case, is it possible to disable some settings that may not make a big difference to how the car feels, but require a lot of time spent testing and learning about in order to gain some tenths (like say bump-rebound, 3rd spring etc.).

I'm not talking about making the more important things standardised--> like springs, wings, camber, toe, ride height, pressure, roll bars... Just the smaller things... I think that there will be a lot of things to learn when switching to a brand new game/mod (ie. setting up a car for both qualy and race etc),

Making a few of the really tricky things standard for everyone (but still allowing enough things to be changed so people can adjust the setup to their liking) may make it easier/ more fun to learn this new Mod :) and would be really great to reduce the variation in the setup used by the guys out front to the guys further back...

June 16th, 2010 update

If we go the rFactor way, we would follow FSR's schedule for their last 7 races. It would look something like this:
  1. Hungary Hungaroring
  2. Belgium Spa-Francorchamps
  3. Italy Monza
  4. Singapore Singapore
  5. Japan Suzuka
  6. Brazil Interlagos
  7. Abu Dhabi Yas Marina

Hi Eric.
I hear that everybody is excited about the rfactor so I bought the game today. My question is : how is it going to work between the 3 divisions, the European division is staying with the same Mod, the pacific I'm not sure and the world are moving to rfactor. Can we still use the world server and have fun with the world drivers? Sorry about my question.

June 21th, 2010 update

Decided to use Formation lap + Standing start for next season.

- Realistic
- Easy to do and to setup for driver and admins.
- Brakes and Tyres on correct Temperature.
- If you miss the 30 second countdown to the grid you can still start from pitlane.
- If something happens on the formation lap (No FF for example). You can escape back to the pits and start from there.

Hi Eric.
I hear that everybody is excited about the rfactor so I bought the game today. My question is : how is it going to work between the 3 divisions, the European division is staying with the same Mod, the pacific I'm not sure and the world are moving to rfactor. Can we still use the world server and have fun with the world drivers? Sorry about my question.

Dont have a clear answer. As of now I am pretty sure FPES will stay with RACE, but they are still undecided on the cars. They are thinking between F3000, F1s and IFM. From what I read Pacific will continue with the F1s. I know it splits the series a little bit, but that might not be a completely bad thing as there will be racing for all taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 114 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 88 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%