RD Formula Manager - Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, SC cost me the win here :/

Congrats @Azabadaza :thumbsup:
Also amazed about Girl Power, 9 & 10 without a single order given :roflmao:

The next season will allow sister teams to use any engine other than player-manufactured ones. However, I also have a proposition for @kedy89 and @Aidan Keranen :
-Remove sister teams, but you will get one of your current drivers instantly with 600 credits at the start of next season. Would you agree?
Depending on what changes you've planned in regards to engine upgrades, it might make it worthwhile having a sister team again. I don't even mind being restricted in engine choice that much anymore, as long as there's still a chance to be somewhat competitive. Currently that clearly isn't the case, even though I've made engine upgrades non-stop since the start of last season the gap's only gotten bigger.

Would be ok with the proposition, though I think I'd make a bit of a loss, as I expect the driver costs to drop with the 50% skill cut.

Last edited:
Depending on what changes you've planned in regards to engine upgrades, it might make it worthwhile having a sister team again. I don't even mind being restricted in engine choice that much anymore, as long as there's still a chance to be somewhat competitive. Currently that clearly isn't the case, even though I've made engine upgrades non-stop since the start of last season the gap's only gotten bigger.

There won't be restrictions other than "Sister teams can't use player manufactured engines." They will be able to develop as much as main teams in terms of engine and chassis.

We could just remove player-owned engine completely and only have a (large) pool of engine manufacturers to choose from, with a very limited supply of teams (2 teams per engine max)

There won't be restrictions other than "Sister teams can't use player manufactured engines." They will be able to develop as much as main teams in terms of engine and chassis.
That's good to know :thumbsup:.

With the first part I was referring to player manufactured engines pulling away due to only speed upgrades. Only if that can be prevented, or the effect be minimized, it'll make sense to use other engines again. Right now you have everyone using AM and Lambo, simply because you can't be competitive otherwise.

With the first part I was referring to player manufactured engines pulling away due to only speed upgrades. Only if that can be prevented, or the effect be minimized, it'll make sense to use other engines again. Right now you have everyone using AM and Lambo, simply because you can't be competitive otherwise.

I have currently two rule drafts for this problem:
A level up system for upgrades similar to RPG (with increased exp requirements for higher levels) as I mentioned earlier
A chance of randomly getting double/triple upgrades for weaker engines/tyres/teams.

However, the most crucial decision will be taken regarding the game progress system:
- A single update race with conditional orders allowed
- 2-4-4-...4-2 as we did at the last race
- Half-Half laps (i.e: 10 laps with 2 updates for a 20 laps race) with a 5-6 days break in-between
- The old system (I really dislike this one and It showed many problems in the seasons we have played. The most important one being managers missing updates)

Lastly, I was also not quite sure about that sister team-1st driver pick exchange, and seeing your doubts let's shelf that proposal. But there must be something seperating main teams from the sister teams imo. I will try to come up with something giving them handicap, but not shoving them down to oblivion like this season.

Also amazed about Girl Power, 9 & 10 without a single order given :roflmao:

He could have even fought for victory if he had returned from AWOLness during the SC period.

I have currently two rule drafts for this problem:
A level up system for upgrades similar to RPG (with increased exp requirements for higher levels) as I mentioned earlier
A chance of randomly getting double/triple upgrades for weaker engines/tyres/teams.
At first glance the first option seems to be the better one. While the second sounds good, you still can't influence when you get double/triple, so you might end up having speed, reliability, 3x fuel tank.

However, the most crucial decision will be taken regarding the game progress system:
- A single update race with conditional orders allowed
- 2-4-4-...4-2 as we did at the last race
- Half-Half laps (i.e: 10 laps with 2 updates for a 20 laps race) with a 5-6 days break in-between
- The old system (I really dislike this one and It showed many problems in the seasons we have played. The most important one being managers missing updates)
I guess the first or third option are best if you want to stop people from missing updates. Only problem I see are conditional orders. Reason being that just thinking about giving orders for a whole race, I came up with so many scenarios that required conditional orders that I probably would have to give you my orders as a flow chart to make them somewhat understandable.

Lastly, I was also not quite sure about that sister team-1st driver pick exchange, and seeing your doubts let's shelf that proposal. But there must be something seperating main teams from the sister teams imo. I will try to come up with something giving them handicap, but not shoving them down to oblivion like this season.
Yeah, I think with the 50% cut the free 600cr pick wouldn't quite have made up the 3500cr initially paid. I agree that it shouldn't be like S5, when I was 2nd with Silver Soul. But it'd be good if I was at least able to put up a fight, as it still was possible early in S6.

I guess the first or third option are best if you want to stop people from missing updates. Only problem I see are conditional orders. Reason being that just thinking about giving orders for a whole race, I came up with so many scenarios that required conditional orders that I probably would have to give you my orders as a flow chart to make them somewhat understandable.

Yeah, it might get crazy with the conditional orders. I have to prepare a template and limitations on that regard if we go this path.

upload_2017-11-18_23-4-33.png

upload_2017-11-18_23-4-43.png

@Azabadaza - Must be great to win after suffering an unexpected issue. However, you need to win at Belgium while Peterson finishes low to keep Hulkenberg's title ambitions alive. Will it be possible?
@kedy89 - Another double podium! They say the team has already started title celebrations?
@Slyfrequency - Must be a huge relief to finish in top 6 with both cars after a series of bad luck this season. Is top 5 in the constructor's championship a realistic target for the team now?
@TTupsi 's engineer - Great job lad! Seriously I hope all is well with you and you will be around soon?
@rubaru - Must be a huge blow to lose such a good finishing position in the final lap. What went wrong there?
@Aidan Keranen - Hakkinen blamed the malfunctioning fuel gauge on his dashboard. Must be a massive disappointment to lose a possible victory?
@Jimlaad43 - Disregarding the retirements, are you satisfied with the pace today? It seemed like you were matching up against Ram F1 and Elysium today.
TO ALL, please give your vote on one choice below to decide how will be the Belgian GP updates:

• OPTION 1: A single update with all laps calculated at once. Give time to managers to write down all 22 laps and make their strategy. There will be conditional orders limited by the template which will be released if this choice gets picked.
  • OPTION 2: Follow this race's pattern: 2-4-4-4-...4-2 laps per update.
  • OPTION 3: Return to old 2 laps per day format.
  • OPTION 4: Make two updates with 11 laps. Give 4-5 days between the updates to let managers make their strategies.

Marketplace is OPEN!

@Azabadaza - Must be great to win after suffering an unexpected issue. However, you need to win at Belgium while Peterson finishes low to keep Hulkenberg's title ambitions alive. Will it be possible?

Possible? Yes. Probable? No
A lot of luck fell our way today, with the demise of the 2KF1 boys and the safety car falling on the exact lap we were looking to complete our final pit stop. That gave us the chance to pit for enough fuel for an extremely aggressive sprint to the finish, while the group compressing behind the safety car bridged the gap between Hulk and Peterson, allowing Hulk to slingshot off Peterson on the restart due to our high revs/speed.
The double finish is a great result after the disappointment of the previous 2 rounds.

I don't like option 1, simply because the complexity of planning and strategy required even for 2 or 4 lap updates. Option 4 would be interesting, but I'm leaning towards option 2 or 3. I agree with Jim that if option 3 was chosen, shorter races may be an option worth looking at. I think the 2-4-4..-2 format used in the previous race worked well, but that may be biased because it worked out so well for me :roflmao:

@kedy89 - Another double podium! They say the team has already started title celebrations?
It's still to early for that. While this result has been a big step towards it, we haven't won anything yet. True the gaps are big, but one retirement and things might look different, especially in the drivers' championship.

• OPTION 1: A single update with all laps calculated at once. Give time to managers to write down all 22 laps and make their strategy. There will be conditional orders limited by the template which will be released if this choice gets picked.
  • OPTION 4: Make two updates with 11 laps. Give 4-5 days between the updates to let managers make their strategies.
I'm tending to either option 1 or 4. While the other two makes strategy planning and adjusting easier, it seems that this format just doesn't work any longer without people missing updates. Admittedly, a completely dry race would be better to test out a single update format than what we have coming up, but that's just the way things are.
Shortening the races when keeping the 2 lap updates makes no sense at all, people will still end up missing updates. It doesn't solve anything, it just takes away tactical elements, since most likely everyone will end up using the same strategy for a short sprint race.

As for getting new players (= those guys active in the forum games section) involved, maybe just put a simple question in the HoF thread, aksing what keeps them from joining. Might be that gives some new ideas.

BRT 4100cr
Engine test durability - 500cr
Driver test PET - 800cr
PET wet track x2 - 800cr
MSC wet track - 400cr
MSC focus - 400cr
Chassis x2 - 1000cr
200cr left

Silver Soul 4070cr

Engine test - 500cr
Tyre test - 400cr
BEL wet track x2 - 800cr
RIC wet track - 400cr
RIC focus - 400cr
Chassis x2 - 1000cr
570cr left

@Slyfrequency - Must be a huge relief to finish in top 6 with both cars after a series of bad luck this season. Is top 5 in the constructor's championship a realistic target for the team now?

We had a good consistent race and this is where the team should be finishing in its current state. Top 5 in the constructors is possible and that's what we are pushing for.

Option 2 is good for me. I liked the format of this race, it's quick but also gives you chance to see the progress and outcomes of your decisions, whilst having the chance to adjust your strategy compared to some of the other options.

Buys

Qualifying - X2 (1000)
Driver Testing - Briscoe (800)

@TTupsi 's engineer - Great job lad! Seriously I hope all is well with you and you will be around soon?
@rubaru - Must be a huge blow to lose such a good finishing position in the final lap. What went wrong there?
@Aidan Keranen - Hakkinen blamed the malfunctioning fuel gauge on his dashboard. Must be a massive disappointment to lose a possible victory?
@Jimlaad43 - Disregarding the retirements, are you satisfied with the pace today? It seemed like you were matching up against Ram F1 and Elysium today.
TO ALL, please give your vote on one choice below to decide how will be the Belgian GP updates:

Marketplace is OPEN!
All is well and our engineer is worth her weight on gold. Seriously though, I'm too casual at using internet at all when having a busier patch in my life but expect us to return to normal proceedings in the next race.

OPTION 3 all the way. While we're at it, I'd still vote for 1 lap/update but I understand why it's not an option. But it would be best for me since I assume I'll go AWOL in the future too and so wouldn't miss whole races :D

Sorry, Omer...Nico and Jim are nowhere to be found, and the team owner was seen leaving the track in his bus before the press conference started. I think what you saw there was a couple drivers pushing too hard, and two extremely reliable engines giving out when everyone else's didn't.

Marketplace
At this time, 950Cr would best be utilized in the next round, so we are banking everything.

My vote is for Option 2. I thought it would be very difficult for me to make orders for four laps, but it was not that bad. I think the only problem is if a safety car would come out in Lap 3 or 4 and screws up the planning. I think the SC would also be a HUGE problem for planning if we did a whole-race or half-race update. My second vote would go for the old 2-lap updates, but it does take a long time. Any race that's more than a week can get old, especially when I have limited ability on weekends to access this page.

Currently the options 2 and 3 are equally voted. Let's hear @Aidan Keranen 's opinion for a tiebreaker. :geek:

Update on Option 2: Safety car occurance can shorten the update laps. For example; SC comes in the 2nd lap of a 4 lap update, I stop the update and let you make immediate decisions by delaying the next 2 laps to the next update.

2KF1
x1 engine testing (speed)
x1 driver speed (Hakkinen)

As much as I love the the two lap per day, and that this race went s*** for me, I think the 2-4-4...4-2 is the best option long term. Quicker races mean more races sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%