RD Formula Ford Championship Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know the reasoning behind the pit stop rule and track choices. IMO Formula Ford is a cheap starting class on small club circuits, not like the ones on the calendar :thumbsdown:

The tracks were chosen because they work essentially, whilst I could have chosen tracks such as Croft, Snetterton or knockhill, those tracks are simply not as well made as the ones I've chosen, most are without scenery and are fairly boring to look at.

Furthermore, if I was going for a totally accurate representation, all but one of the circuits would be in the UK and 1 would be in the Netherlands, i didn't think people would be happy with such an arrangement.

Brands Hatch isnt that big, smae for the A1 ring, though i would have loved to see the shorter versions of them. Then we still have Monaco and Zandvoort Club, i dont think its too bad.

But I would like to request to delay the first race for another wekk? I think its pretty close timed as it is now.
I can easily change to brands Hatch indy, that wouldn't be an issue. I didn't realise there was a smaller version of the A1 ring though?

But yes I'm happy to postpone the season start for a week :)

I'd like to know the reasoning behind the pit stop rule and track choices. IMO Formula Ford is a cheap starting class on small club circuits, not like the ones on the calendar :thumbsdown:
Aussie FFord raced at Albert Park. Then A1 Ring, Zandvoort Club, Monte Carlo, Laguna Seca should be good. I am doubtful about Le Mans and Kyalami 1970 because of the long straightsand the car's small top speed. I don't know about Miseluk.

I agree with @Benutzername, I think the deadline is too close. Before the first race you always want a bit more time, to discuss what strategy you will follow during the season.

PS: Not an offense or a complaint in any way @Millsy24. It is your first season, it is always going to happen ;)

The tracks were chosen because they work essentially, whilst I could have chosen tracks such as Croft, Snetterton or knockhill, those tracks are simply not as well made as the ones I've chosen, most are without scenery and are fairly boring to look at.

Furthermore, if I was going for a totally accurate representation, all but one of the circuits would be in the UK and 1 would be in the Netherlands, i didn't think people would be happy with such an arrangement.

I can easily change to brands Hatch indy, that wouldn't be an issue. I didn't realise there was a smaller version of the A1 ring though?

But yes I'm happy to postpone the season start for a week :)
RedBullRingShort11.f61f25b2a451cdca638f133c05cf284d.png

I had it in the the awesome game Mercedes benz Truck Racing. Its a fun version

edit: no idea if it exists in Race 07 though

Announcement 1

Following the discussion last night, i have decided to edit the calender.

Le mans has now become Magny Cours club,
Bands Hatch is now the smaller indy variant,
Kyalami 1979 is now Kyalami (modern)

These tracks are either better suited to the formula ford cars or are better versions in game.

Announcement 2

After the requests of last night, the start date is now 1st August, giving a week and a bit for liveries Sponsor choices and buys. Hopefully 2KF1 can announce their third driver then too *hint* *hint*

Given the extra time, I will run a second test on Thursday (28th) at Silverstone - again testing reliability. This is also gives an opportunity for any team which wants it, to get a livery reveal video as a few teams had in the first test.

For future notice - Discussions such as those last night would be better brought up in private first, as shown by Rule 1.1. Anything which clearly needs addressing and has been questioned in private will be brought up here by me in a post similar to this.

However to address something @TTupsi brought up and went un-addressed , I'm using a forced pit stop in the higher lap races to allow for strategies to mix up races and prevent race-long trains.

• Deleted member 161052

Sponsor C
-10 Car Lifetime Variation (100)
2.0 qualifying ability (200)
Rest on race ability (0.5, 300)

Sponsor B
Race Ab -1.5
Qual Ab -1.5

that doesn't work :(
you're £450 over

Sponsor A
-0.50 Rain Ability
-0.50 Race Ability
-0.25 Consistency
-1.5 Qualifying Ability

these also don't work,
you're £100 over

@The_Laskinator and @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham buys were also wrong, but they have been corrected in private.
they are now
Jack -
1 quali ability
0.25 consistency
0.4 Race ability
0.05 rain ability
-10 lifetime varation

Andy -
2.6 quali ability
0.4 race ability
-10 lifetime variation

Upgrades