RD Formula Ford Championship Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would like a livery reveal during the first test, i need to have at least the main skin file by Monday 18th July 10am BST.

Before the test i will randomise COF variation values and record reveals for the teams which want them :thumbsup:

The test will be a reliability test and will be a race over a maximum 1 hour period. The number of laps completed is what is important here, as everything else with the cars/drivers are identical.

I will post everything after the test has been run.

Added a missing list on post 2.

Currently missing everything from half the field

Also @Aidan Keranen and @TTupsi either need to find a third driver or decide whether they want an ai driver (who will have no income, but will provide constructor points) or they can run with just 2 drivers

anyways, pre season test tomorrow, along with the reveal of cof and the calender. All teams which have sent me things will be in the test, where ill record a lap revealing the car :thumbsup:

RD Formula Ford championship season 1 gets
under way in Donnington

To start the day, 3 teams unveiled their liveries during a short qualifying session, which set the grid for the endurance race test.

Demon Tweeks 'K' Racing were the first to reveal their car, adding some funky tunes over the recording.

Second, were Manor Racing,

and third were Mars team 1,

The other teams, decided to use a testing livery, presumably nothing like the livery for the first race

Qualifying however went very much like this.
bjo8qoD.jpg

It was then time to reveal the COF variation values which of course are the reason for the test in the first place.
The teams have clearly worked very hard on reducing their variation before the season start and did not randomise the value on random.org

Manor Racing - 676
Online Racing - 557
Demon Tweeks K Racing - 796
2KF1 Racing - 756
Illusion Racing - 744
Mars Team 1 - 780

Whilst it would be great to say these values were reflected in the test they were not. Infact the team with one of the worst COFs managed the most laps of any driver.

please note - I seem to have forgotten to change the car model names from my own testing.

5Eskl8u.jpg

Cumulatively, teams managed the following number of laps

Manor Racing - 42
Online Racing - 45
Demon Tweeks K Racing - 50
2KF1 Racing - 39
Illusion Racing - 17
Mars Team 1 - 31

It is worth noting that a season race at Donnington would have between 8 and 10 laps

The calender and starting budgets will be released soon, after which buys can commence :thumbsup:

gosh the cars shake a lot!
Did you use the latest Manor I sent you? Because I seem to get the impression you didn't :p (not that I sent like 20 Manors and it was confusing as hell.. but still :laugh:)

Announcement
I have updated the calender in the first post
As this is the first season there are only 9 races, and they are fairly short (aiming for ~20km/race) perhaps in future, more and longer races will be possible.

Races with more than 5 laps, will have a forced pit stop

All races will have a 1hr practice session followed by a 20 minute qualifying, followed by the race.
Races will be ran on Mondays, and as such the market for buys will end midnight GMT on the Sunday before the race.
It should be noted that any buys posted on Monday morning before the race may or may not be used in the race - your risk.

everyone's starting budget is £600,
The first race will be this Monday, which gives you 4 days. I am willing to postpone a couple of days given the fact that i forgot to post this information earlier.

thanks

I'd like to know the reasoning behind the pit stop rule and track choices. IMO Formula Ford is a cheap starting class on small club circuits, not like the ones on the calendar :thumbsdown:

I'd like to know the reasoning behind the pit stop rule and track choices. IMO Formula Ford is a cheap starting class on small club circuits, not like the ones on the calendar :thumbsdown:
Brands Hatch isnt that big, smae for the A1 ring, though i would have loved to see the shorter versions of them. Then we still have Monaco and Zandvoort Club, i dont think its too bad.

But I would like to request to delay the first race for another wekk? I think its pretty close timed as it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%