RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that Germans in FP1 is a talking point right now, and that a certain someone is currently living it up in his garden, 2KF1 have decided to sign Tobi Kederer in a test driving role until season end replacing manager Aidan Keranen.

General Impression:
The Österreichring was an entertaining spectacle, or carnage should I say. It was a battlefield with only 8 cars managing to cross the line for the chequered flag and Ravenwest being the only team to bring both cars home.

Drivers view:
"I'm OK after the impact with Sharp. I hold my hands up as it was my own fault for carrying too much speed through the corner and ending up on the grass and then back across the tarmac, hitting the wall and then having Sharp driving into me.

After the medical checks I could watch the rest of the race from the pit wall and I have to say it was lucky that Jamie managed to finish, let alone in 3rd with so much carnage throughout the race.

Looking forward, I hope the Hungaroring will be a bit more kind to me and my car after last season's debacle; having my left rear tyre sabotaged because it was filled with marshmallows instead of air/nitrogen."

Upgrades:
Budget: $50
Income: $50
Saving
Total of Expenses: $0
Remaining Budget: $100

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 800
Race BHP: 807
CoF: 4375
Quali Skill: 16130
Race Skill: 16260
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

Figures already include Néron's team buy.

PS. @Aidan Keranen Good to see that teams do get payouts after this carnage, maybe something to add to/change the regulations in case there are more races with less than 10 (or so) finishers.
PS. @Diehl love the avatar :cool:

2KF1
+2 race HP
+1 quali HP
contract money for @kedy89

PS. @Aidan Keranen Good to see that teams do get payouts after this carnage, maybe something to add to/change the regulations in case there are more races with less than 10 (or so) finishers.
Give me an idea as to what you mean? If it's simply due to high amounts of retirements, we just have to accept it's a possibility. Where possible, all we can do is try to fix the track the season after. Annoyingly, I reduced the driver mistake variable for the track by over 60%, all the tests were in a decent range of finishers (e.g. 14+ finished) and then we hit the outlier during broadcast. Next season will probably be another reduction of mistakes if the track makes it to the calendar.

Give me an idea as to what you mean? If it's simply due to high amounts of retirements, we just have to accept it's a possibility. Where possible, all we can do is try to fix the track the season after. Annoyingly, I reduced the driver mistake variable for the track by over 60%, all the tests were in a decent range of finishers (e.g. 14+ finished) and then we hit the outlier during broadcast. Next season will probably be another reduction of mistakes if the track makes it to the calendar.
I just meant to actually include a paragraph in the regulations, to explain what will happen (in terms of payouts in this case) if there are less than (say) 10 finishers like at the Österreichring, because as you said; it's a possibility.

I just meant to actually include a paragraph in the regulations, to explain what will happen (in terms of payouts in this case) if there are less than (say) 10 finishers like at the Österreichring, because as you said; it's a possibility.
there will be a paragraph, but only in terms of teams, as everything else remains the same as has been done recently

Hungary Practice Results
12 - Hungary - Practice.png

SIG AND MACCA HIT THE FRONT AGAIN
12 - Hungary - Qualifying.png

Manolis Sigoulakis and James McNamara took a third straight front row lockout, but the efforts of Ben Utzer meant that McNamara was only a handful of minutes away from starting alongside Cornes instead.
In the end, the Australian delivered the result he was looking for and secured the 1-2 for 2KF1. Utzer was then relegated to the second row alongside Nathan Cornes, a worry no doubt as the Hungaroring is a tricky place to get past at the best of times. Stephan Bohner secured fifth ahead of Takuma Ishikawa as the battle for the championship heats up. Joel Rautavaara, now out to 65 points behind Cornes, starts in 7th, while Cocks and Costello, only 4 points behind the Finn, line up in 10th and 14th each. Both will be confident of moving forwards in the race.
Donald Brugman showed his new found quali speed with 8th, ahead of Daniel Harvey in 9th and the aforementioned Cocks in 10th. Further back, Josh Noack returns to the series with 21st place, wedged in with the JHR's.
Commentator's Comments: Possibly the most important front row lockout for 2KF1 so far, the struggle for overtaking spots here means that a tenacious defensive showing from either of the two could see a strong result. Need further proof? In Season 1, McNamara won with Sigoulakis in 3rd after going off track from the lead... Cornes though does seem to be on the front foot here, the Australian is well up on many others and will no doubt be looking to create an advantage on competitors. Rautavaara, Cocks and Costello will have their work cut out for them if Cornes can escape any dramas in the race.
Podium Tips: N. Cornes, J. McNamara, B. Utzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back