RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
POLE POSITION PRESENT FOR McNAMARA
01 - Australia - Qualifying.png

The only wet session of the weekend so far threw the teams into disarray, as Formula FG began the first competitive session with a bang. With the teams having to finely walk the tightrope of track grip, it was James McNamara who celebrates his birthday (amazingly) with his first pole position at his home track. While one side of the garage is happy, the opposite isn't so much as Manolis Sigoulakis was caught out and starts in 20th.
Tapio Rinneaho has no hard feelings on leaving DTK as he scored second place on the grid, with teammate Rob Sharp starting behind. Perhaps ominously, Nathan Cornes qualified 3rd in a Razor car we know is going to be very strong in the race.
Harry Costello and Aaron Reed took their cleanskinned RD cars to 5th and 8th, a massive coup for the German team. Tobi Kederer will make his debut from 6th, with Stephan Bohner in 7th. Pablo Diehl and Joel Rautavaara round out the 10.
Perhaps the shock of the session would have been Jamie Cocks however, the defending champion missing the initiative and only managing 19th in conditions he could have done better in. Similarly, Ben Utzer will start in 13th in a Apex car that should have done better.
Commentators Comments: 2KF1 score first blood, but aren't expected to hold overly much. The session really did throw all form out the window, and as such we can't draw too many conclusions, except that Utzer, Cocks and Sigoulakis are too far down and the RD cars are too high up really. Should be a cracker of a race, the weather man says it should be dry throughout.
Podium Tips: N. Cornes, S. Bohner, T. Kederer.

Second row start for Nathan is bloody awesome. Bad luck Takuma on just missing out on the top 10 for quali, should be entertaining watching you try to come through the field.

11th isn't what I was hoping for but I'm still confident on a top 5 result here. Looking at the cars ahead, I'm very confident of beating them. The RD's are out of position and we know we have a power advantage over DTK, ART, Ravenwest and 2KF1. Stephan might cause us an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%