RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not putting this in a spoiler as damn there's a lot going on in the first part. Very, very good coverage, it's thrilling and entertaining to watch :D:cool:

@Aidan Keranen Just something you mentioned in the commentary: "...he must be running a low wing" made me think...

Are setups taken into account by the (team) AI in GP4 at all? If so, then how does the AI choose setups? 1 Setup for all cars / 1 setup per team / 1 setup per driver and that for all tracks together or maybe a different setup per race/per track? Enlighten us! :p

Are setups something that could (in the future of this series) be determined by the team managers maybe to provide more in depth for the series?
I think we've been through this before, and yeah, I'm not entirely sure if it possible. Knowing that they've been able to separate the team performance to singular cars recently, it's something that may be possible in the future.
But I'd say right now, I wouldn't be allowing changed setups without a drastic, and I mean around 70%, change to how the series is run. The current way it's done with the marketplace etc just wouldn't work. I would hate to think that once someone gets a bit ahead (e.g. 5-8 HP) on another team, then the setup work makes no difference sadly and that just isn't worthwhile.

I think we've been through this before, and yeah, I'm not entirely sure if it possible. Knowing that they've been able to separate the team performance to singular cars recently, it's something that may be possible in the future.
But I'd say right now, I wouldn't be allowing changed setups without a drastic, and I mean around 70%, change to how the series is run. The current way it's done with the marketplace etc just wouldn't work. I would hate to think that once someone gets a bit ahead (e.g. 5-8 HP) on another team, then the setup work makes no difference sadly and that just isn't worthwhile.
Only useful thing would be to have a High Downforce, Medium Downforce and Low Downforce setup and allow everyone to choose which one they want for the race.

Only useful thing would be to have a High Downforce, Medium Downforce and Low Downforce setup and allow everyone to choose which one they want for the race.
It's hardly necessary to do that even, and again it would require, in my eyes, an overhaul of the entire series to do so.

Lap 36 nearly gave me a heart attack, and im sure Joel and Milos had one. Dang, Joel, what are you doing?

Otherwise, stunning result! Two more podiums for us, again - Fantastic! With a bit better timing or 12 laps more it could have been a 1-2, but who's gonna complain about a 1-3?

Nailed the strategy for Daniel! Awesome to be back on the podium. Double finish, so no real complaints either.

Continuing the run of DTK's in 2nd at Monza.

that was good, that was really good. Two ART drivers and a former ART driver on the podium, guess I should be proud of that one.

Sadly, Cornes managed 4th place which is not good, as the last time I saw him was P12. But we do close up a lot in the championships still.

yeah, lap 36 was indeed scary, quite a relief that he got to continue

Led my first laps in a while. Took my first points in a while. Took my best result in the second part of the season. And all of that happens in the highspeed Monza.

Kind of sums up my happiness about the race.

Jawz GP signs Laskey for next season
British driver Jack Laskey will drive in the Jawz car for the upcoming season replacing the inactive Andy Graham. Laskey proved this season with a car that is a bit underpowered (No offense @airutonpurosuto8912) to score some great results and we're hoping he can do the same next season. He'll take the seat alongside Donald Brugman who renewed his contract.

• Deleted member 161052

Now I'll either choose to remain Vimal "Pastor Maldonado" Ana for another season or take a different driver lineup...

@Timmieturner12 doesn't matter, but I am a bit disappointed.

I apologise @airutonpurosuto8912 but Tim gave me an offer I simply could not refuse (may or may or may not have included hookers and drugs, full on Hunt style ;)),
I have learned a lot at my time at Driftslide, namely how to deal with the hype of seeing your name in 1st place (no matter how few laps it's for :thumbsup:), and will continue to strive for the best for the remainder of the season, and hope to pull in at least some more points for a team that has been the springboard for what I hope will be a long and successful career! :D
End of essay

EDIT: spelling fixed (so @Millsy24 didn't point them out, like the pedant he is ;))

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

I apologise @airutonpurosuto8912 but Tim gave me an offer I simply could not refuse (may or may or may not have included hookers and drugs, full on Hunt style ;)),
I have learned a lot at my time at Driftslide, namely how to deal with the hype of seeing your name in 1st place (no matter how few laps it's for :thumbsup:), and will continue to strive for the best for the remainder of the season, and hope to pull in at least some more points for a team that has been the springboard for what I hope will be a long and successful career! :D
End of essay

EDIT: spelling fixed (so @Millsy24 didn't point them out, like the pedant he is ;))
Doesn't matter. - That's what I said earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back