RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
CORNES HOLDS ON FOR SPA WIN
13 - Belgium - Race.png

Nathan Cornes made the most of his strategy to get track position in the second stint, holding out Joel Rautavaara in a close battle at Spa-Francorchamps.
From the start in the rain, the race was funnily enough being led by James McNamara, who did just enough at every important point to keep Ben Utzer behind. But a mistake from the Australian, right after gaining a 2.3 second lead on Utzer, Rautavaara and Cornes, saw the 2KF1 driver fall back and well out of contention. Cornes was able to get past the Apex cars, and after his earlier pit, led again into the final stint. Very quickly however, Rautavaara began to eat into his lead, and while he was close with numerous laps to go, ultimately the Finn never really threatened at the right spots, leading to a close but deserved win for Cornes.
Utzer trailed behind the leading pair, but kept running on his way to 3rd place, only the second time this season he's finished two races in a row and only the fourth time in the points. Aaron Reed took fourth, moving past McNamara and fending him off as his countryman found extra pace late on. Costello was sixth, closing in on both Reed and McNamara late, falling short overall but gaining the fastest lap in the process. Yamaguchi was in no man's land in 7th, lacking the overall pace to do much to worry the leaders. Diehl was 8th in a close finish between himself, Mishra and Rinneaho, just over a second between the 3.
Rui Martins took 11th after tangling with an out of control Stephan Bohner early in the race. The Portuguese driver continued, but a massive second stint impacted his pace and he never recovered. He led home Andy Graham, Vimal Ana and Josh Noack as the final finishers.
Daniel Harvey and Takuma Ishikawa both found themselves retiring from punctures, Harvey was fifth when he retired, while Ishikawa was very close to making it to the pits, but cut the final chicane and launched over the kerb instead. Sharp, Bohner, Sigoulakis, Brugman, Cocks and Laskey all ended up in the walls or each other.
Championship Round Up: With this, Nathan Cornes moves to being 64 points ahead with 100 up for offer. The Australian can win the title with 3 rounds remaining if he can win the next round at Monza, with Rautavaara needing to be on the podium to stop him. Cocks and Costello pretty much need to beat Cornes to stay in the fight. In the constructors, a lot more is up for grabs. After no points in Belgium, the momentum of N-Tech has been slowed somewhat. Razor hold the lead by 46 points, just more than a race maximum, from the defending champs. Apex are hiding just 4 points behind, while RD are real long shots, their best chance is probably to grab second.
Next round of the championship is from the temple of speed, Monza. We know a certain purple team might have half a chance there. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

Also, any drivers with a green background on their bank money (check first post, perfs table) may use their bank during this marketplace. If the amount is not used, your bank is closed again for the rest of the season.

RDFIA Press Conference

@C0rrUpti0Nz One hand on the title with that, business as usual in Monza?
@Joel Do you feel there was any more to give today?
@Benutzername After so many retirements, do you feel you're finally stringing something together?

Press Paddock
The Press Paddock is really struggling to come up with anything, just to anyone, give us a sentence or two, we don't mind. Think of it as a week off from some sarcastic comments.

View attachment 116757
Nathan Cornes made the most of his strategy to get track position in the second stint, holding out Joel Rautavaara in a close battle at Spa-Francorchamps.
From the start in the rain, the race was funnily enough being led by James McNamara, who did just enough at every important point to keep Ben Utzer behind. But a mistake from the Australian, right after gaining a 2.3 second lead on Utzer, Rautavaara and Cornes, saw the 2KF1 driver fall back and well out of contention. Cornes was able to get past the Apex cars, and after his earlier pit, led again into the final stint. Very quickly however, Rautavaara began to eat into his lead, and while he was close with numerous laps to go, ultimately the Finn never really threatened at the right spots, leading to a close but deserved win for Cornes.
Utzer trailed behind the leading pair, but kept running on his way to 3rd place, only the second time this season he's finished two races in a row and only the fourth time in the points. Aaron Reed took fourth, moving past McNamara and fending him off as his countryman found extra pace late on. Costello was sixth, closing in on both Reed and McNamara late, falling short overall but gaining the fastest lap in the process. Yamaguchi was in no man's land in 7th, lacking the overall pace to do much to worry the leaders. Diehl was 8th in a close finish between himself, Mishra and Rinneaho, just over a second between the 3.
Rui Martins took 11th after tangling with an out of control Stephan Bohner early in the race. The Portuguese driver continued, but a massive second stint impacted his pace and he never recovered. He led home Andy Graham, Vimal Ana and Josh Noack as the final finishers.
Daniel Harvey and Takuma Ishikawa both found themselves retiring from punctures, Harvey was fifth when he retired, while Ishikawa was very close to making it to the pits, but cut the final chicane and launched over the kerb instead. Sharp, Bohner, Sigoulakis, Brugman, Cocks and Laskey all ended up in the walls or each other.
Championship Round Up: With this, Nathan Cornes moves to being 64 points ahead with 100 up for offer. The Australian can win the title with 3 rounds remaining if he can win the next round at Monza, with Rautavaara needing to be on the podium to stop him. Cocks and Costello pretty much need to beat Cornes to stay in the fight. In the constructors, a lot more is up for grabs. After no points in Belgium, the momentum of N-Tech has been slowed somewhat. Razor hold the lead by 46 points, just more than a race maximum, from the defending champs. Apex are hiding just 4 points behind, while RD are real long shots, their best chance is probably to grab second.
Next round of the championship is from the temple of speed, Monza. We know a certain purple team might have half a chance there. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

Also, any drivers with a green background on their bank money (check first post, perfs table) may use their bank during this marketplace. If the amount is not used, your bank is closed again for the rest of the season.

RDFIA Press Conference

@C0rrUpti0Nz One hand on the title with that, business as usual in Monza?
@Joel Do you feel there was any more to give today?
@Benutzername After so many retirements, do you feel you're finally stringing something together?

Press Paddock
The Press Paddock is really struggling to come up with anything, just to anyone, give us a sentence or two, we don't mind. Think of it as a week off from some sarcastic comments.
I aint stopping. Go hard or go home. I feel like NTech and JHR are going to be great chances in this race, but i look forward to the challenge.

Disappointed really. Had hoped for more given our performance in Hungary, but still a double points finish is still useful given the number of retirements (and we apparently have the current championship leader quaking in his boots ;):roflmao:)

Slight change of tactics this time round...

+6 Quali BHP

RDFIA Press Conference
No. I always did my best, i always had the pace. There often were incidents or anything which ruined the results, but actually, both cars of our team are constantly able to achieve podiums. Thats our target, we achieved that this race. Thats how it should go, but on track you'll never know what is happening (or do you? xD http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/there-is-no-coincidence-no-free-will-in-life.115622/)Well, i said it before and i'll repeat it: The season for me was just... Unlucky. I dont expect anything from a race, if it turns out without incidents, i'll get good results (last results: 3rd, 2nd, 1st). If not, well, sh*t happens.
I am just a bit sad that i can't play a role at the top of the championship anymore and that that may lead into a lost constructors title.

leading to a close but deserved win for Cornes.
really disqusted with that. Would have hoped for some backmarkers in the way..

+5 race bhp
-67 CoF
Omer will swap Joel in FP1 (again, we seemed to have a good race last time)

we'll do out best to stop Cornes this time, but we need a lot, lot of luck.

Disappointed really. Had hoped for more given our performance in Hungary, but still a double points finish is still useful given the number of retirements (and we apparently have the current championship leader quaking in his boots ;):roflmao:)

Slight change of tactics this time round...

+6 Quali BHP
Haha something like that... you guys most certainly have the fastest car on the track and given a good quali sesh, and enough chances to overtake... there wont be too much i can do.

Drivers view:
"F***#%!!@"

Upgrades:
Budget: $150
Income: $50
Saving
Total of Expenses: $0
Remaining Budget: $200

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 800
Race BHP: 809
CoF: 4375
Quali Skill: 16130
Race Skill: 16260
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

Will update once @William Néron posts his team buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back