FM4 RD FM League S2

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
6348207721_19cddfc4a9_b.jpg
For RD Licensed members ONLY

Overview
The RD FM3 League was a great success that had lots of close action. RD FM4 hopes to build on this to create an even more competitive league for all driver levels and to help get the all round feel of what FM4 is about. All types of races and cars will be involved to challenge everybody's abilities and to further their knowledge of upgrades and setups.

Prizes

I will be putting up 16 million credits to win, plus any donations drivers would like to make.
Prize cars will be awarded for Best Livery, Best Overtake and a secret competition you'll find out about at the end of the season.

Assists and Race Settings
The aim, is to make the racing as realistic as possible. Not all drivers are at the same level so some leniency has been made.

ABS OFF
TCS OFF
STM OFF
Easiest gears will be manual without clutch
Driving line is allowed for corners
Damage and collisions will be always on.
Any camera view is allowed.

Use the lack of assists to your advantage to set your car up. In the end your lap times will come down.

Setups

Take note that you will be encouraged to use your own setups as much as possible. This will get the best out of the car for you. Various restrictions applied to races, will make Storefront bought tunes difficult to find to meet the requirements. I will be posting tips for certain events to try and help some of you out with setups or driving lines.

Points System
Points will be awarded as follows for every race:
1[SUP]st[/SUP] – 25
2[SUP]nd[/SUP] – 22
3[SUP]rd[/SUP] – 19
4[SUP]th[/SUP] – 17
5[SUP]th[/SUP] – 15
6[SUP]th[/SUP] – 13
7[SUP]th[/SUP] – 11
8[SUP]th[/SUP] – 9
9[SUP]th[/SUP] – 8
10[SUP]th[/SUP] – 7
11[SUP]th[/SUP] – 6
12[SUP]th[/SUP] – 5
13[SUP]th[/SUP] – 4
14[SUP]th[/SUP] – 3
15[SUP]th[/SUP] – 2
16[SUP]th[/SUP] – 1

1 additional point will be awarded for the fastest lap/time of each track. Events such as Round 2 will only have 1 fastest lap point available, because we only race on one track. Round 1 will have a fastest lap point for each track.

For the events with heats, Your position in the event after all heats are completed will score you points also.

Example
Heat 1 – Driver A, 25pts / Driver B, 22pts / Driver C, 19pts
Heat 2 – Driver C, 25pts / Driver A, 22pts / Driver B, 19pts

Final Results – Driver A, 47pts + 25pts for overall victory = 72pts
Driver C, 44pts + 22pts for 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] overall = 66pts
Driver B, 41pts + 19pts for 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] overall = 60pts

All results count towards the final championship positions. Every point you score will make you more money at the end of the season.

Stewards Room
RD Rules will apply for this league which can be found here >> http://www.racedepartment.com/rules-passwords/29908-league-regulations-2011-a.html << unless stated in this post.

If there is an incident during the race that cannot or was not resolved straight away, it will be looked at after the race by the race officials. Penalties will be received by any driver in the wrong. This could be a time penalty or a DSQ if the incident was serious enough.

Any incidents that you want to raise concerns with, must be video uploaded by you via Youtube, to the Stewards Room thread. It is not the job of the mods to search through replays for your incident. There will always be someone who has saved the replay so if you want an incident looked at, you can. No incident will be investigated if there is no video to back it up.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................
Please post any questions and ideas!! More info coming soon...

Dan Smith / MysticViibrosis

I tested a bit yesterday with all cars that are eligible and get a 1.10.405 on a toyota Aygo on the full circuit.
Getting a bit better times on the short as well.Best I could do in the Aygo was 55.098.
So still undecided as to what car I'll be using.
The view that I'm always using is the cockpit view.Really love racing in that view.

I like cars and Forza is fun because you drive quite a few of them and the cockpit view enhances the feeling of switching from one car to the next. I've said before that I may be able to drive a bit quicker with the the controller, or driving with a button matched to clutch, or even with hood cam so I can see more of the track and less of the A pillar, but at the end of the day it's most enjoyable to sit with my wheel and feel like I'm sat inside the car I've chosen for the event. I might be able to go faster, but I'm not as obsessed with winning as I am with enjoying myself trying to win.

I think i'm going to practice with the Bonnet and in car. so i have a rear view at least at the start... and if lucky enough to get up front or separated in a group then go to bumper. I also use the radio assuming the other person does. i just blurt out "on your left so and so"
or go ahead and pass... what ever. communication with head set can helps a ton.

I tested a bit yesterday with all cars that are eligible and get a 1.10.405 on a toyota Aygo on the full circuit.
Getting a bit better times on the short as well.Best I could do in the Aygo was 55.098.
So still undecided as to what car I'll be using.
The view that I'm always using is the cockpit view.Really love racing in that view.
Check the leaderboards Peter, seems you are quicker in the Ford Ka than the Toyota Aygo, lol.

Just wondering here if all our RDDC racers are running online when practicing or whether they are not all part of the RDDC online club, as usually when I have run some laps in a particular class of car, my times are automatically uploaded to the Forza servers.

Last night I ran a few laps on both the Iberian Full and Iberian Short circuits in my F195 Citroen C1. When I view the leaderboards for Iberian Full/Short for F Class cars and select the Friends & Club leaderboard, there is only 4 names on each (mine included).

1 II JIMMY II F195 Spark 1/6/2012 0:01:07.947
2 Dazmaniac360 F195 C1 1/5/2012 0:01:09.327
3 Lowrider Glissa F195 Ka 1/5/2012 0:01:09.735
4 MysticViibrosis F101 Fox MTC 12/1/2011 0:01:18.229

and

1 II JIMMY II F195 Spark 1/6/2012 0:00:53.303
2 Lowrider Glissa F195 Ka 1/5/2012 0:00:54.865
3 Dazmaniac360 F195 C1 1/5/2012 0:00:55.390
4 LKRISS22 F200 Spark 12/24/2011 0:00:59.477

Just wondered why there weren't more of the RD racers lap times showing up. Maybe due to the majority not yet running any prep laps at Iberian venue or running practice sessions offline, lol.

:cool:

I do most of my running on test drive rather than hot lap so the lap times are not recorded when you exit as far as im aware
Me too. You can't adjust your setup in Hot Lap and also it doesn't simulate tyre wear. It would be nice if there was a way to save your times from test drive or even pick a ghost if you wish. I wish you could save a text file of the end of race result as well complete with lap times. When we finish races I have to take a picture of the result screen with my iPhone and I have to take a few pictures because it's dimly lit in the living room and 2/3 pictures are shaky.

Yeah I've started off on test drive until I'm happy with my set up then I've moved over to hot lap where there's a ghost to race against, which is where I've done my best laps. I find the first corner is where I can make or lose most time. Don't get it right and I can easily lose 0.3-0.5 just in that corner.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%