RD F1 Designer Competition

early 90's again? Why do we never have games based on F1 cars from the 2000's or 2010's, which are the best shapes and liveries.

I decide it to be easier for everyone, the shape of this season is more simple than later so anyway season will be random, the next one wont be 1991, its can be 1977 or 2013... you will saw at this time :p

Its just for the purpose its will be the 1st time for everyone

Apex Drawing shows their designs!!
Alapuzha_Beach.JPG

As you can see, our car can race both on land and on water, incredible piece of technology for such an early decade!

I properly spent a full hour working at this design :p

Add me in but I will wait till the next template
Name of the designer: Josh Noack
Name of the team: Elite Two Racing
Software owned: Photoshop CS5, Paint

LITTLE TUTORIAL
To help everyone to done great their model and increase your own pain skill on a software, i will give you a little tutorial to help yourself to get something great at the end of your project. Its will be usefull for anything else you want to do.

1- To get a good end result, you need to work with layers when you want to start a project. A layer its like a transparent sheet if you make something over each layer, its like a bunch of transparent sheet with somthing little on it who make a global result at the end.

For who saw the template in photoshop or GIMP, i have make few layers, one with wheels, colored square... etc. You can hide it of as you want to saw what you need.

2- Presently to make a F1 design, you need this, a layers with black lines to '' draw the shape of the car '' with the pens tool. My self on my 1990 car, i'have used a brush with 3px for the size. This layer need to be bellows of the wheel. why ? because the toppest layer will hide everything under its self. So if you draw a line who go thru the wheels, if the wheel is on top will hide the line, if its bellows the layer you are currently working it, you will saw the line go over the wheel.

3- When your global shape of your car is maded with black lines, you are at the point to paint the car. So the best way to go is to have one layer per color. On my car i have Red, White and Blue and i maded one layer per color. The colored layer need to be bellow the lined car, becaus you want to pain it but not hide your line you maded before. The best way is start with the main color, for my car, i have start with white one, i have paint it everywhere on the car. After that i have maded a layer for the red, and put the red on theright spot. the red one was on top of the White one. And finally over the last two layer, the blue one. To finish, create a layer for the sponsor.

4- If you follow all those step, its will be more easier for you to made no mistake, like put a color on the place you wasnt want. If happen, i wont scrap all the work on the black line, or other color.

5- Extra thing, on this design contest with have no shadow thing, but if you want to know how to process, if you want a lighter part, just put a layer over you want to saw the part lighter, draw with a white color, after that change the opacity of the layer, and its will saw the effect appear. Do the same with darker part, but with the black or dark gray color.

Everything explain here can be used for everything, so i hope you have learn something. My car look great, but i have only spend 1h30min on it. With good method, everything go wells

LITTLE TUTORIAL
To help everyone to done great their model and increase your own pain skill on a software, i will give you a little tutorial to help yourself to get something great at the end of your project. Its will be usefull for anything else you want to do.

1- To get a good end result, you need to work with layers when you want to start a project. A layer its like a transparent sheet if you make something over each layer, its like a bunch of transparent sheet with somthing little on it who make a global result at the end.

For who saw the template in photoshop or GIMP, i have make few layers, one with wheels, colored square... etc. You can hide it of as you want to saw what you need.

2- Presently to make a F1 design, you need this, a layers with black lines to '' draw the shape of the car '' with the pens tool. My self on my 1990 car, i'have used a brush with 3px for the size. This layer need to be bellows of the wheel. why ? because the toppest layer will hide everything under its self. So if you draw a line who go thru the wheels, if the wheel is on top will hide the line, if its bellows the layer you are currently working it, you will saw the line go over the wheel.

3- When your global shape of your car is maded with black lines, you are at the point to paint the car. So the best way to go is to have one layer per color. On my car i have Red, White and Blue and i maded one layer per color. The colored layer need to be bellow the lined car, becaus you want to pain it but not hide your line you maded before. The best way is start with the main color, for my car, i have start with white one, i have paint it everywhere on the car. After that i have maded a layer for the red, and put the red on theright spot. the red one was on top of the White one. And finally over the last two layer, the blue one. To finish, create a layer for the sponsor.

4- If you follow all those step, its will be more easier for you to made no mistake, like put a color on the place you wasnt want. If happen, i wont scrap all the work on the black line, or other color.

5- Extra thing, on this design contest with have no shadow thing, but if you want to know how to process, if you want a lighter part, just put a layer over you want to saw the part lighter, draw with a white color, after that change the opacity of the layer, and its will saw the effect appear. Do the same with darker part, but with the black or dark gray color.

Everything explain here can be used for everything, so i hope you have learn something. My car look great, but i have only spend 1h30min on it. With good method, everything go wells
Thanks for the Guide ;)

You spent only 1 Hour 30 Minutes? :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%