1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD Daytona 500 iracing

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Bjorn de Haas, Jan 20, 2011.

Intrested in a RD Daytona 500

Poll closed Jan 27, 2011.
  1. yes

7 vote(s)
  2. no

3 vote(s)
  3. maybe

4 vote(s)
  1. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

Our racing friend Ingemar Petersson is willing to host us a great iracing event at
    the Daytona speedway 1 week prior to the real Daytona 500.
    We were thinking off Saturday feb 12th. I will put up a poll to see how many people are
    intrested to join this great event.
  2. Ingemar Petersson

Ingemar Petersson
    Premium Member

Thx Bjorn

Come on guys let´s see who is the OVAL KING of RD. :):)
  3. Glenn Petersen

Glenn Petersen
    Premium Member

I would be. Some high speed drafting is just what the doctor ordered. :)
  4. I'll be concentrating my efforts on the MX-5 Championship
  5. That sounds like fun for sure, however what little money I have had to put towards cars and tracks have already been put into road racing. I'm sure there are a ton of people that would enjoy that very much!
  6. YES!!!,I am in,hoop it gets enough participants.
    Thanks, Ingemar,Bjorn
  7. Speaking of oval racing, out of curiosity up to how many players can participate at once in an iRacing oval race?

And how many are USUALLY in a race at once?
  8. I'd be more for a Daytona 2.4 hours.... in a DP, of course.
  9. Are you doing the Daytona 2.4 Eric? I will be there for sure.
  10. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

In, if i dont have any real life stuff to do
  11. I'm planning on doing the 2.4 William. Gotta get my times down though. I'm using the DP setup u posted and am doing 1.43s but thats still pretty slow......
  12. My pb is only a .42.2, so your right there with me, but I'm not a good scale since I am slow too, lol. Good thing about these races is that you don't have to be fast, you just got to keep the car safe for 2.4 hours of MADNESS!
  13. Not sure yet - will let you know though. Would like to.
  14. Depending on timings I'd be up for it. I'd prefer to be runninh in the real event.
  15. well I have the car and track now, if I have the time I would be in for it. Time is a bit short for me right now so it would depend on when.
  16. Road only for me i'm afraid. Ovals just do not appeal to me. Good luck though chaps and have a good one
  17. Same as Lee :)
    Have fun guys!! And don't forget to turn left........ go strraight aaaaannnnnd turnleft aannnnnnd straight aaaannnnnd..... :D
  18. Ha Ha! Flavien
  19. few tips from NASCAR coach:

20. So that's my problem...