1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

RC cars!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fred Owen, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Fred Owen

Fred Owen

Ratings:
    +185
    Hey,
    So does anyone here Race or own an RC car....
    just wondering as it seems quite a few of us simracers do :D

2. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,075
    I still have my Tamiya Lambo Countach RC car that I used to play around with as a teen. It is in a box in pieces, it got ran over by a car.

I've often thought about getting another one or perhaps a plane or helicopter but just haven't got around to heading over to a hobby shop.

3. Fred Owen

Fred Owen

Ratings:
    +185
    ahh... buy yourself a nitro :D if you have a track near... its the best form of racing... sometimes I think its better than simracing :)

4. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    I used to race RC cars,
    I raced cars here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en....330797&sspn=0.000452,0.001206&t=h&gl=uk&z=20 when I was 15, used to cycle 3 miles to get there, with 2 backpacks, 1 with a car battery in to charge up with.

The track fell out of use a while back, that club only does indoor meetings now i believe.

Nitro cars were banned at my local track, due to noise.

I tried to race again more recently, made it to 1 meeting with no spare parts a couple of years back, but I am always working when the meetings were on, so I sold it all to a guy in Australia.

The track at Bashley is still in use
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en....330797&sspn=0.000452,0.001206&t=h&gl=uk&z=19

5. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +956
    i have a 1:10 rc car, i have taken it to a track near my house twice and it is great to drive it, i haven't had much time to run it lately, but i'm thinking about buying some fuel and take it to the track again during the summer