1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RBR will not let me install anything.

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Charlie Dangerfield, Apr 12, 2013.

1. I am using Windows 8, I have RBR saved in my C drive but nothing can install! e.g Patches and RSRBR. Whenever I run the installer for either 1.01/1.02 it claims that it is not installed. Same with RSRBR. It is getting annoying now, I have been trying to do this for the past 3 days! Is it looking in the wrong place for RBR? What is wrong with it? I have tried C:\SCi Games\Richard Burns Rally and C:\Richard Burns Rally.

2. My install is
    C:RBR

A folder in C called RBR... Thats where my Rallysims look for, and install to.

Hope that helps, I runs vista and I know there are some posts somwhere about win8, maybe theres something I dont know about win8.

If you wait a moment I am sure advice will come flooding in... very helpful chaps here. Unfortunate you got me answering first, as I know sod all ;)

3. Thanks. :) I will try that.

4. Does not work.

5. You might try reinstalling RBR to My Documents, because for me RSRBR (if youre trying to have that) always says that it shouldnt be installed in Program Files. Thats all I can say.

6. Michael Nelson

Michael Nelson
    Premium Member

7. I have 'attempted' to use that Win 8 guide (I find it hard to understand).

8. The base game works perfectly.