RBR goes online at RD with the RSRBR 2009 mod

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

oi oi!

i just got me rbr..... and having slapped on the rsrbr2009 mod, i'm all set for a little bit of the old online competing...

so i was wondering how many rd'ers have got this little gem and would be up for some rd rally action?

drop a post here and if there's enough interest i'll set something up! :pig:

Donations to the RSRBR folks

Hey all I am just coming on board here,

I have been racing on the RSRBR servers for some time now. They do have expenses and would accept any donations you all would have. They are a real good group of people with some really good support and a great mod.

Look forward to racing with you all in the future.

Timmer :)

• Jason Halaby

I used to race occasionally with Rally Simdrivers League a few years back. Definitely excited to do some rallying with RD.

I have never used the RSRBR mod, but I will take a look.

• o1d d0g

Great idea, thanks for the email updating this project.

Just got RBR a month ago. Sign me up for the n00b class :)

Will (try to) install the mod & patches tonight.

od

As I see this RSRBR mod is more of an online mod where everybody drives at the same time.
I thought it was more like the other one where you run your times at any time you wish from the rally open date to close date. Unfortunatly with the lack of spare time to race ARCA takes most of that little time I have.

I may jump into the odd one now and again when I have the time.

To enter any online rally in RSRBR is as easy as 3 clicks and no more than 5 minutes to enter, it is not all people at the same time, it used to be like that last year, and in the begining of 2009 it was every half hour, but now is 5 in 5 minutes, and even damaging between stages are already stabled, you ca use realistic damage that the problem with the motor is stablished at reduced level, to avoid breaking it in some straights.
I use both Czech and French online plugin, and i find the phisics to be more accurate on french plugin, the cars are not as glued to pavement as in Cz, the cars in Cz are also too unrealistic in terms of grip and power and top speed in some cars. To have real mecanicals, pilots, co-pilots and lots of engineers among french development tean, gives them a more accurate simulation, although to race with Cz may be sometimes more fun because its easier to maintain high speed, or to pass over WRCs with littles S1600:male-fighter2:, wich is almost IM in french due to strict speed and power limits on each class.

• Bert Van Waes

Well, i could'nt resist and installed this treasure again... Since the Mod is out i enjoyed it alot on France... But i must say i suck a bit in this game, haha... But it is wonderfully simulated rally so i join in :)

Looks like time for me to have another look at my RBR disk.
I have the game and loved it, but haven't tried it for years now. I'll have a go at installing it again and trying these new mods out. I'm intrested to see how this all works on-line, that would be as new experience for me. First up though, I'll see if I can get it all working off-line.

Don't expect to see me quickly, I'm downloading all the mods and they are huge and downloading at a snail pace. Wish there was a faster site to get them from.
Looks like about a weeks worth of downloading at the current rate.

• Andrew Evans

i don't think they're cool with unofficial mirroring.... plus, most of the mods are too big for our d/l server... eg. main mod is 1Gb...

This is not proving to be fun yet.
I have everything installed and seems to work, after a lot of fiddling, but now I have a new problem. If I try running an off-line single rally, pick the first UK stage, run it, watch the replay, then exit the rally, the screen goes black and I have to completely reboot the PC to get it going again.

I don't remember any of these issues last time I had this game installed. I guess I have lots of research and reading to do before you see me joining you on-line.

EDIT: I managed to fix this issue, it seems to be tied up with which screen resolution I select. If I select one of the standard resolutions from the pop up config menu, it is ok, but I don't yet know how to set it to suit my widescreen monitor.

• Andrew Evans

warren... there's two places you can tweak the resolution etc... one is in an ini file in the rbr root folder... that can maintained by running the rbr config or startup exe (can't remember the name, not at pc) - which might be what you were referring to in your post... if that doesn't have your stated resolution in it... then you can manually edit the file in notepad... there's an xres and yres value in there... there's another post in this forum about it with non-vague details... :D

also, the rscenter has an options/settings panel... and in that you can set the aspect ratio for your resolution..... :thumb:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back