RBR Club Rally Videos

For everyone,

Regarding the videos for our club rallies.

While I get great enjoyment from doing them and there is so much stuff that is worthy of being in the videos I have allowed it to consume me almost totally and the time has come to stop and actually get to play the game.

Just to give you an idea .... 28 replays, average 4 minutes each, each one gets converted in fraps so there's 112 minutes in just pure replay time, not taking into account the time spent when you have to get back into rscenter and reset tracks and conditions etc. So, to edit them you have to watch them all again to find the bits to go in. At least another 120 minutes. Then you have to edit them, finding the right frame to start on and the right one to finish on, almost twice as long as each replay to get it right. So we're at around the 6 hour mark at least by now and we haven't started putting the video together yet. For the last rally I had over 80 short clips to get together for the video.

Making the video isn't to bad. Drag the clips into place, drag in transitions, add titles and overlays and get the timing all right and then realise the thing is 17 minutes long and youtube do 15 minute maximum. Okay, cut the video in half and make 2 videos, readjust all the timing and add new titles. Now we can publish it. 15 to 20 minutes each for that and now we can upload them, 1 hour plus for each one and oh, look, it's sunday morning, the dog looks at you like you're a stranger, your wife just shakes her head, your head is pounding, your medical issues are giving you a hard time and while all this is being done you sleep, goto work, play poker and that about does it. I have a new sound system for my real car sitting beside my desk I bought a week ago and haven't even opened the boxes.

I am sorry, I tried and simply cannot keep it up week in week out. I have to pull back and effective after this next rally I will not be doing videos for every club rally.

Cheers

Warren Dawes

Premium
No problem John, but thank you sincerely for the huge effort you have put into this. We have all enjoyed viewing them, but personally, I'd prefer to see you joining us more and having fun driving.
Thanks again for the great contribution to our little Rally Club, and look forward to seeing you sliding around with us. :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Hey John, thats OK I was doing something similar for something else, but as Senad said, I gave up just after 2 videos... because of time I spend there, you did just amazing work... Your videos will stay in our mind because of (at least) more then hour fun...

Thanks for the time you spend making those treasures, I hope you will make some time by time, when you get a mood for this :)

See you on the next rallies:rally::ups:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%