Rattlesnake Road

Boomer541's ini worked fine here. Also did a quick'n dirty shader hack.. use as you wish. See attchment (save as track.shd in rattle dir).

Attachments

• rattle_shd_track.7z
    875 bytes · Views: 234
Thank you all, you're really helping me out here.
Keeps me to what I like best; moddeling!
I'm always struggling with shaders and ini's
(And how do you guys keep you're ini's orginized, mines are always a mess?)

Though the track is 8.67 km long, I felt it to be a bit short.
So I thought up a road extension, degrading the current layout to a club circuit.

Attachments

• Rattle2.jpg
    Rattle2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 319
Thank you all, you're really helping me out here.

No problem :)

Years of experience from programming I guess. Keep your code clean, organized and commented. Yupp.

EDIT: I must add, my programming abilities are limited to some rather "ancient" ways such as AREXX, Bourne, C, Tcl/Tk and the now universially accepted PHP. And to some degree even VB, but I haven't touched that for at least 8 years. Just thought I should clarify this at once ;)

Same for me as it is for luthobu.

For Inis I like to do the following:
Code:
section
{
    somevariable1=somevalue
    somevariable2=somevalue2

subsection
    {
        somevariable=somevariable
    }
}
It's 4 whitespaces indent for the content of each {} section. That's how I do it.

However you shouldn't use a tabspaces for that, I remember something about them being not that optimal for such things. Any reasonable Editor like Notepad++ should have a configuration option to declare that pressing tabspace creates 4 (or any other value you choose) whitespaces.

I tried luthobu' track shader but it made the rail too bright, almost completely white, so I added my rail shader to his shader file and you can use it as you wish.

Attachments

• track.7z
    942 bytes · Views: 227
  • Tiberius

You guys are all using different versions of Racer, what works for one of you won't work for anyone using a different version. Really it needs two different lighting/shader setups, one for 065 and one for the latest beta with CG.

Terden: The only thing which notices to me about your tracks is that you use too much ambient light, otherwise they look fine. This track itself is great, with some tweaks it could easily become one of my favourite tracks :smile:

You guys are all using different versions of Racer, what works for one of you won't work for anyone using a different version. Really it needs two different lighting/shader setups, one for 065 and one for the latest beta with CG.

Well, I use 0881 on Win7 (no HDR/Bloom etc) while I believe boomer541 uses 088 with everything on(?). Boomer541's changes to the rail works perfect for me as well, in fact, it is a way better rail shader than I did, and the shininess he added made the rail more realistic (with my settings). So from this I may deduce, that if we work together, and try out various settings, we might be able to find the optimal values.. at least for the most of us (and basically for the 08XX series, I see no point in backward compability with 06XX - sorry for that).

Just my 2c..

I'm using 0.8.8.1 on a dual core Intel CPU 2GB ram with Windows XP SP2 and a GTX 285 grphics card. When I see something posted for a car/track I try it out. Most of the time they are very good mods sometimes they don't work quite right and I try to fix them to suit my point of view. No offense intended the fixes I post are for all in the community to try and if they like use if not chuck 'em and I won't be offended.

I just try to help make Racer content as good as it can be for all in the community like all of you do and I appreciate the work you all do for the same goal.

No offense intended the fixes I post are for all in the community to try and if they like use if not chuck 'em and I won't be offended.

I don't feel offended, I feel helped.
Each of us creating Racer-content has their strong and weak points.
If someone who's, more experienced/talented, points out/fixes things I've done wrong, I'm happy using them and learn from it.
It makes the endresult so much better.

CG-shading; first attempt

Attachments

• screenshot009.jpg
    screenshot009.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 373
  • screenshot011.jpg
    screenshot011.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 362
  • screenshot010.jpg
    screenshot010.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 339
  • screenshot012.jpg
    screenshot012.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 346
Looking good!

Once you start to get the shaders used in all the right places it'll come together nicely.

Looks like a cool layout and an interesting location. I've never driven it so I'm looking forward to a new release :D

Dave

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing