1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rattlesnake Road

Discussion in 'Racer Tracks' started by Terden, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Rattlesnake Road beta 0.1

As announced on RSC but released here on Racedepartment.
    Changed the track layout.
    The corners are inspired by some of the fastest in Formula 1.

preview.jpg screenshot022.jpg screenshot030.jpg

Very early beta so there's still a lot of flaws and a lot of things to do.
    No CG-shaders yet.

The file is in the download section: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2332

Have fun.
  2. KS95

RACER Moderator

Jesus christ, 437FPS?!

Track looks quite good :)
  3. Rattlesnake??? Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!!!!!

I drove my racing Capri in the last season even on Rattlesnake. I love this track, thank you so much :redface:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't think you ever drove Rattlesnake Road because It's a fantasy track, just released it last night :smile:.
    Hope you're not disappointed.

I didn't realize this is something special.
    Is it??
    I don't have a monster computer with a NASA graphics card, just a simple two year old desktop.
  6. KS95

RACER Moderator

How is that NOT special?! On my "good" PC I get around 30-100FPS...
  7. Nice track, nice layout - I like the fast curves, especially the last section where it snakes uphill. It's really crying out for a good GT or formula car.

Thanks for sharing it :smile:
  8. Disabling HDR/Bloom/FBO (as in the screen shots) will help there. I can still only achieve 280.
  9. It's the best track there I ve raced. =D I love good tracks.
  10. On mine the lowest is 90 fps :s lol. In all tracks only with auto-exposure off.
  11. Stereo

Premium Member

Indeed it is... the Murcielago's 3rd-5th gears are actually relevant on the fast corners :p

I'm looking into making a high performance 60s-70s car to put the 'race' in Racer, just gotta wait for inspiration to strike (the Simca is not exactly a race car). I've been hitting the Wikipedia pages listing 24h Le Mans, Mille Miglia etc. as well as browsing through F1 competitors.
  12. KS95

RACER Moderator

To be fair.. I do have a 8500GT. But still, 400+ is pretty damn amazing. If I were getting that with low graphics settings.. I would definitely put them up.
  13. Nice track! Like the clean roads and the open areas. It has a certain "mood" to it.. congrats :)
  14. I know this is a WIP track and I found a couple of problems.

The gfx section of the special.ini file is not up to date and there are only 2 track cameras the first of which shows a lot of trees.

Attached is my change to the gfx section with your section commented out, use it as you wish.

Attached Files:

15. gonna try it, with boomer541 update
  16. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

hmm...i get a complede dark sky...
  17. I´ve got the same dark sky...
  18. Hmmm... I got a very bright car with the original gfx section. What graphics card are you using, Dream Factory?
  19. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

my old "Baby" GF 8600 GTS....
  20. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll

Franco try this one...GFX only...

Attached Files: