RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT

Misc RasmusP's LUTs for G27/29 and DFGT 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi! :)

1. Try the dfgt lut and see if the shaking goes away. The dfgt has the smallest deadzone so with this lut, there should not be any shaking.

2. If shaking is still there, something else is wrong. Do you set ffb to inverted maybe?
Do you set the wheel to 900° ingame and in the driver?
Is the driver set to 100%? Try to lower it to 90%.

3. Take the WheelCheck file and attach it here :)
Alternatively you can use the lut generator and do the steps described there. At some point you'll see a nice window with 2 graphs in it. You can snipe that image (snipping tool) and send this to me/attach it here :)

That was a very short reply. Wanted to keep it easy to read.
I hope it helps! Report back when you tested all this and we will get it to run! :)

Hi, i've tried to do everything you write in your reply:
1: I've tried the DFGT lut, there is less wheel shaking, but there is the ffb when i'm still.
2: I've got a g920, there isn't any voice to reduce the general ffb, i tried lowering gain in AC, but nothing
3: i did a linearity test (to make the lut file) and a min force test, i will send here the file requested.

I can't post here .csv files, how can i send you them?
Immagine-2.png

Edit. This is the link where you can download the 2 logs: https://mega.nz/#F!q9MzkDZJ!sJUgAriv9uLR13_X3G7JyQ

Last edited:
Hi, i've tried to do everything you write in your reply:
1: I've tried the DFGT lut, there is less wheel shaking, but there is the ffb when i'm still.
2: I've got a g920, there isn't any voice to reduce the general ffb, i tried lowering gain in AC, but nothing
3: i did a linearity test (to make the lut file) and a min force test, i will send here the file requested.

I can't post here .csv files, how can i send you them?View attachment 225715
Ah true.. Put it in your Dropbox or whatever and put the link to it in a link container (no clear direct links allowed) :)

But that image already does the job, thanks!

So you don't have an overall gain slider in the logitech menu? The g29/920 are using the new gaming app like mice and keyboards instead of the old profiler so I know you're missing the damper and spring slider but overall gain too?

Anyway that lut generator test is pretty much without any deadzone and extremely linear.

If you didn't adjust anything strange in the driver, it proves what I read about the g920 being a lot better than the g29!

You don't need a lut at all and you shouldn't need any minimum force too.

Can you describe what you didn't like regarding the AC ffb and therefore why you want to use a lut?
Looking forward to help you! :)

Ah true.. Put it in your Dropbox or whatever and put the link to it in a link container (no clear direct links allowed) :)

But that image already does the job, thanks!

So you don't have an overall gain slider in the logitech menu? The g29/920 are using the new gaming app like mice and keyboards instead of the old profiler so I know you're missing the damper and spring slider but overall gain too?

Anyway that lut generator test is pretty much without any deadzone and extremely linear.

If you didn't adjust anything strange in the driver, it proves what I read about the g920 being a lot better than the g29!

You don't need a lut at all and you shouldn't need any minimum force too.

Can you describe what you didn't like regarding the AC ffb and therefore why you want to use a lut?
Looking forward to help you! :)

Principally, i read reviews where a lot of people, thanks to your luts, improved the feeling of their Logitech wheels. So I wanted to try it. My feeling with the wheel is almost good, i only wanted to make my wheel even better

Principally, i read reviews where a lot of people, thanks to your luts, improved the feeling of their Logitech wheels. So I wanted to try it. My feeling with the wheel is almost good, i only wanted to make my wheel even better
Hehe yeah if a logitech wheel has a deadzone, my luts usually really help and make people happy :)
Just seems like you have a really good wheel that just doesn't have the same problems!

I would suggest you go back to default, no lut, no minimum force and if you don't like anything, for example a little notch when passing center position or too much difference between low forces and high forces or anything just try to describe it and I'll see if I can do something about it :)

Btw: please put your link into a link container, like this: (empty link though!) LINK

I finally decided to update my PC tonight to the latest Win10 update. Tested out iRacing and a couple other sims and all seems to be okay. Fired up AC and before I could make the first half of a lap, I lost all of the FFB. The G27 kept working fine otherwise. What can I check and/or how can I reset everything back to default? I am currently using your NoClip recommended LUT.

I finally decided to update my PC tonight to the latest Win10 update. Tested out iRacing and a couple other sims and all seems to be okay. Fired up AC and before I could make the first half of a lap, I lost all of the FFB. The G27 kept working fine otherwise. What can I check and/or how can I reset everything back to default? I am currently using your NoClip recommended LUT.
That is quite strange! Never experienced something like that and afaik AC doesn't have a "reset ffb" button like rFactor, AMS and Raceroom have.
What happens if you just restart AC? Does it happen again? Do you have FFB clip running or is something constantly hitting the "-" on the numpad so your FFB gets dialed down?

Anyway, to go back to default/not using a LUT:
go to \documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg (not the steam folder!)
you find the ff_post_process.ini
Open this ini and change
ENABLED=1
to ENABLED=0

This deactivates the ff_post_process.ini completely and therefore no LUT is used anymore :)

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. I am using Content Manager and it had an update as well. None of the settings had been changed though.

Went back to default, still no FFB. Noticed the in-game FFB app was showing 0 for some reason and when I would attempt to turn it up, it would automatically go back down. I disabled the FFBClip app and that seemed to fix it. Quite odd, not sure why it's all of a sudden doing this.

Odd indeed. I read about it in the support thread of the clip app some time ago. Maybe search there? I think it was solved somehow!

hi excellend work but i have a little problem. i put your lut, i run a race via content manager but when the race ends and i go back to content manager ,the ini file you have tranfers from lut to gamma like it is default. is there anything in content manager to fix?

hi excellend work but i have a little problem. i put your lut, i run a race via content manager but when the race ends and i go back to content manager ,the ini file you have tranfers from lut to gamma like it is default. is there anything in content manager to fix?
Yeah it's a bug...
My solution(s):
- select everything via content manager, exit content manager and run a race via the default launcher (not sure if it worked for me)
- configure everything manually in the ini files then launch a race via the default launcher (this works 100% I think)

Then exit the race, close default launcher, open content manager and everything is "set in stone" again.
I hit that bug when I wanted to select a different LUT via content manager and it always swapped back to the one I used before...

i load your files from content manager, ini and lut file. i put axes and buttons again and i thing its ok now. i put lutgenerator dll file at appdata as content manager says and now i thing i have the right effects. i believe i have the right them because the wheel was very heavy and i put ffb to 50%

i load your files from content manager, ini and lut file. i put axes and buttons again and i thing its ok now. i put lutgenerator dll file at appdata as content manager says and now i thing i have the right effects. i believe i have the right them because the wheel was very heavy and i put ffb to 50%
If it feels good, it's nice.
If it turns out at some point that it wasn't correct: who cares as long as it feels good haha.

Only dig deeper into things when you're not satisfied :)

We won't give up yet :)
Please go here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lut-generator-for-ac.9740/

Download and open WheelCheck but then don't run the "step log 2" but instead the "min force" test (2 above).
The result will show on the bottom of the WheelCheck window.

Can you try 100% or 20% sensivity too please? I'm not sure how that slider really works.

As said, don't give up! I just need a bit more data to understand what's different with your g29 :)
Sorry this has taken such a long time, I'd forgotten the whole thing. Ran the minimum force test:
AY2uZ3D.png

Result is the same whether sensitivity is at 20%, 50% or 100%. Tbh I'm not sure what the sensitivity actually does. Also tried using the LUT generator:
0ke6iLv.png

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't respond earlier! :ninja::inlove:
my only problem is when i drive f1 cars ,when i turn more than about 180 degrees ,my wheel pulls more to the same direction like someone pull it.
I don't really understand what you mean by that. Do you mean when you turn further than the virtual wheel turns? That's kind of "normal" but a bit strange I agree!
You could turn on the "softlock" somwhere in the ini files (just google for AC softlock) or you have an eye on the virtual wheel and don't turn too far.
Or I misunderstood you and you try to describe it again :)

Hey there my friend told me about this does this help when in a straight line not to get a wiggle on for no reason and will this also help with drifting or not just racing
This straight line "wobble" happens when you have too much force at the center position. If you have not enough force at the center on the other hand, you'll feel that "dead"-zone without feeling anything.
My Look Up Tables try to get the best compromise between these two things with a smooth curve.
So when I drive in a straight line my wheel feels soft, but still with some force! And when I give the wheel a little push (not too much!) the wheel wobbles a few times but comes to a stand still.
A good example of the perfect settings is when you can hold a GT3 car at the Nordschleife straight with just 2 fingers. The wheel will shake like crazy but the car will remain straight.
With too much force the car will crash or you'll need both hands to hold it.
With not enough force the car will jump around but you won't feel anything of the bumps.

Hope this explanation gives you an idea :)
If not just ask!

Sorry this has taken such a long time, I'd forgotten the whole thing. Ran the minimum force test:
AY2uZ3D.png

Result is the same whether sensitivity is at 20%, 50% or 100%. Tbh I'm not sure what the sensitivity actually does. Also tried using the LUT generator:
0ke6iLv.png
This shows that the G920 is not the same wheel as a G29/27 but more like the cheaper DFGT regarding the deadzone.
Your min-force test shows 0.5%!!!
DFGTs are around 1-5% and my G27 is around 15%!

So you really don't need any minimum I guess. It should just feel fine!
Disable the ff_post_process.ini by setting ENABLED=0.
Then driver 100% force, ingame 100% and in the cars too. Do you feel any dead zone at the center or does your wheel starts to shake on the straights?
If it starts to shake lower one of the "100%" and if you feel a dead zone try to raise the minimum force to 1-2%.

Report back when you tried all this. If you are still unhappy then with your center position feel I'll try to create a custom LUT for you with some very very very small force boost curve :)

I'm amazed that the G920 is so different Oo

Here is how my LutGenerator curve looks like:
upload_2018-1-15_14-30-57.png

RasmusP said:
Did you use a LUT before too or what settings did you use?
Anyway: I guess Driftking will do! :D :D
Thanks for the review! :)

I didn't use a LUT before, my previous settings were:
Steering gamma: 1.10
Filter: 0
Speed sensitivity: 0
Brake gamma: 1.89

FFB Gain: 100%
Filter: 0%
Min force: 5%
Kerb effect: 30%
Road effect: 20%
Slip: 0%
ABS: 21%

I didn't use a LUT before, my previous settings were:
Steering gamma: 1.10
Filter: 0
Speed sensitivity: 0
Brake gamma: 1.89

FFB Gain: 100%
Filter: 0%
Min force: 5%
Kerb effect: 30%
Road effect: 20%
Slip: 0%
ABS: 21%
Steering gamma? I've never tried that as it makes your wheel unlinear. What reason do you had to use it? Curious to know! :)

Steering gamma? I've never tried that as it makes your wheel unlinear. What reason do you had to use it? Curious to know! :)
I wasn't really sure what's what and just used a config I found on the internet, and it seemed to work ok. 1.0 vs 1.1 isn't really that much difference and I think I wasn't even aware gamma controlled linearity :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back