Randomized Pilots

A simple executable that generates a Drivers.txt with randomized drivers, with the option of generating random staff as well
Features:
- Full Randomization: Every stat is randomized: Names, Skills, Traits, Nationalities, Ages, Aspect, etc
- Gameplay Keeper: Every team will get pilots according to their rank. You ll always have 4*+ pilots on the top teams and they will get worse on lower ranks teams, all the way to Predator Racing.
- Lore Friendly: Teams with certain descriptions will maintain those features. A team that claims to have young talented pilots will have exactly that, or if you choose Silva racing for example, drivers will always be Brazilian/Portuguese, and they will be fighting each other as the game begins.
-Realistic: Nothing is left to chance: Young pilots will be more likely to have potential, and more stars to gain compared to older pilots, appearence will be matching their race, etc
-Balanced: Pilots that requires higher tiers of scouting facilities will be on average better. Pilots available from the beginning of the game with no facilities will have no chances of being spawned in a Rodriguez-like fashion, with high stats and high marketability at the same time. No more overpowered drivers.
-Fully Compatible: you should be able to safely use this with any other mod, just follow the setup guide using your modded resource.assets
-Staff Randomization
-Customizable

Download
http://www.filedropper.com/mmrandomizer13beta3

This tool has been tested for quite a bit from several people, but feel free to report any bugs/imperfection if you find one! Any feedback/suggestion is always welcome!

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
In order to use this in your game you need to download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and load Drivers.txt in your resources.assets
dl from here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor

step by step:
Run MSM_Randomizer.exe, press Generate Files, this will generate a file called RandomPilots.txt in the same folder
Download and Run AssetBundleExtractor.exe
browse into your Motorsport Manager folder, go into MM_Data, find resources.assets, and make a copy of it anywhere you want.
Select File->Open, select the copy of resources.assets you made
select menu View->Search by name->type in "Drivers"
select Drivers (DRIVERS, not Driver) on the list, click Plugins -> Import from txt -> select RandomDriver.txt generated before. (do the same with Engineers and Mechanics for staff randomization)
File->Save into Motorsport Manager/MM_Data folder

Last edited:
The drivers generated from my tool are taken from a pool i made myself, there is noway of using the ingame pool, my tool does not interact with the game, its a program by its own. Now, generating 1 driver for ech country the first issue that comes to mind is: how many coutries there are in the world? 1000? means i have to generate 1000 drivers ^^. Second problem, for each different country a pool of male names, female names, and last names must be added, not to mention rules to have faces match their origins (so that there is no black guy with blonde hair coming from asia :)). Thats a lot of work for every country so there is a chance to spawn maybe 1 driver... the more coutries you add the least chances there will be to get someone from that country since the number of drivers is limited.
The pool atm is from 30ish countries, the ones i could generate random names from with the tools i found on inet, from all around the world, with the "biggest" countries having higher chances to be picked over the smaller ones.
That makes sense. Actually can you make the generator only generate about 1-2 drivers from certain countries with less drivers in real life? I kinda bugged because the randomizer generated too many drivers from Thailand and Turkey, which actually kinda unrealistic (at least for me).
Also, I've uploaded .txt files of first and last names from all countries available. Maybe you don't really need these, but it should help you reduce your work in the names (They're in one archive).

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B48e2Ic2u-iidWlGLW1rUER2S2c/view?usp=sharing

Are these directly from the game? Do you know if these files can be just modded and added to the database folder?

They seem to use ä's and ö's in those files, wonder if they actually work?
Those files are from game's resources.assets itself. And it should be moddable like other .txt files, though I don't think it's supported by Workshop. You have to import it using Unity Asset Explorer.

All that left is then the Mechanics and Engineers I guess. If you need the files, here they are.

yeah about that, did they add any new components for engi, or any new special race strategies for mechanics? cos if so its gona be a bit harder :)

How many names would you like to have on the lists? The top 1000 most popular names in Finland are freely available from our population information system... ;)

The same amount of names i ve given would be more then enough, more second names as a general rule since they ll be used by both genders. Consider that on average there wont be many finnish drivers generated, and even if 2 of them have same name/last name wouldnt be the end of the world, and thats very unlikely considering that amount of names in that list.

Dont shoot out to me a list of all names in a row please, cos then i ll have to work on the again, rather look at what i wrote and give me the list in the same format, so i can just copy paste it into the tool, without having to re-format it again. What I did with the italian and english list after was already formated properly, I eliminated all the weird names, and added some common ones that werent there, just dont cut too many to avoid double spawns. Be wary of the grammar one " too much or too little and i am gona get error, and mind those commas too ;)

Yep, they are new driver traits in the vanilla game. And even more in FlamingReds new mod.

EDIT: Hi Eddie here is the original Personal Traits.txt. And if it isn't to much problem could you also made a version for FlamingReds Personal Traits.txt. if it is to much work (and problem), then no problem thanks anyway for your hard work.

Attachments

• Personality Traits(FlamingRed).txt
    59 KB · Views: 958
  • Personality Traits(Original).txt
    52.6 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
Progress report: I've used the generated drivers file and my previously mentioned old version copy-paste patch stuff for mechanics and engineers for half a season in my new game, and everything still seems to be working just fine.

No significant complains then. I might personally increase the average amount of traits the drivers get a bit, just the make it a bit more diverse. But the generated files certainly make the game a lot more fun when all the drivers are new and have to be scouted again! I wish there was something similar for the other staff.

Attached are the new list for finnish names, all in the same file and formatted ready to go. I used most common names from 80's-2000's plus some all-time favourites to make the names look kinda modern and something you would expect from people that are in their 20s and 30s now.

Edit: Forgot one thing I noticed. I believe the "skinny" trait is not connected to the driver weight in any way at the moment? Could that be done?

Attachments

• fin_names_randomizer_edited.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
You are welcome. :)

I'll give the new version a try later today to see how it works.

If you want to throw me the name lists for swedes, norwegians, danes and icelandic people, I could check those names, too (not before next week, though).

looking good...just a quick questions, if i move to "only male" then that will that been for always only male in all time and not more female driver,mech,engi etc. in the future?

and dont want change name etc from start with Enzoli Mod 2016 just disable with female in the future no more female. sorry my engrish :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%