1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rallycross update preview

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Justin, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Justin

Justin
    #1 overuser of the :P emoticon

Here is a quick preview of the upcoming rallycross update for Dirt Rally, most likely releasing late July/early August.

Looks like good fun. Features the Lydden Hill track (the one Top Gear visited for a rallycross feature they did not too long ago) and also includes joker laps for full authenticity. :)

This update is also coming with live multiplayer I believe which I am looking forward to!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Really looking forward to this update! You won't get me off DR when this lands :thumbsup:

Also glad that they're going for authenticity rather than circuit-racing-on-mud, if you know what I mean ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is gonna be fun, i feel that i made a good investment buying it in early access

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. install it seems will happen in three bits: first cars and two tracks; then multiplayer and finally a third track. all of this probably in august. here's hoping the multiplayer will not be as awful as the one in dirt03 where you were shot down by some dude each and every time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That doesn't make sense making it in three steps does it ?

7. Rallycross rallycross rallycross. Truth be told the combos I run in rF2 are essentially the closest thing I can get to rallycross on pavement. Going to love this. Really hoping for VERY fast AI in case online becomes retard-fest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OOH! Fun!

9. And I realy do hope Codies puts in some of the 80s/90s Rallycross(ex Gr B 700BHP) cars as well.

Just google : Martin Schanche

:)

Cheers
    Robin

10. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Nah, they're only doing the modern FIA World RX Championship so far.

Really can't wait to get in Ramona Karlsson's car ;)

11. Not forgetting Will Gollup and his 6R4

:D

12. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Playing RX feels more like RX playing me !
    Classic Codies Arcade Racing :p

13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

No surprise there to be fair - and I guess that you have heaps of RX experience as well?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

On the contrary !
    I have plenty of arcade experience :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The current RX feels more like hovercrafts on ice :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015
  15. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

The cars feel weird when they pass a certain angle sideways, and it is at certain points a bit hard to know exactly how the brakes will grip on.

But the car behaviour, characteristics and so on is very good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

In Rally mode there is some sort of road feel but in RX there is hardly no road feeling at all and same goes for the PP cars IMO.

I wonder if there is any tire modeling going on at all in DR ?