Rally - Walter Rohrl Tribute - Monday 20th & Tuesday 21st February 2012

Shitty head gasket. ARGH!

SS1: Blew the head gasket after 7km, never gone over 5000 rpm - meeeeeeh.

SS2: Head gasket again, after 9.3km, retired.

SS3: Retired - this time the drivers head gasket gave up!

SS4: The engine died with 1k left, got it started with 700m left... but... meeeeeh!!

SS5: blablabla - gave up really :p

oh dear ... was so close to actually punching my computer screen :mad:
managed to retire on the finish line of pikes peak after hitting the yellow finish board ... it seems you can't drive right through them

o welll ... rest of rally went good - loving the car :) thanks for setting this one up, great fun

Absolutely loved this car- best car i've tried in RSRBR so far. Crazy amounts of power to be tamed, resulting in some ludicrous angles of attack at times! Tonight i had a habit of starting stages poorly, having a spin here, a CFH there, but i gradually eased myself in as the event wore on, and was very pleased to finish every stage for the first time. Sometimes i was even on the pace of the more experienced/quicker guys, which is definitely an improvement. Seriously though, this was a blast, can we use this car every week?!

Cheers Warren for setting this up, and thanks to Senad (in advance) for collating all the data.

With remembering that my driving last time in the Group B monsters gave me a blown headgasket on 8 of 8 stages, I took it a lot easier today. Way to easy by the looks of the times, though :p

Pretty good run here. nothing fancy. keeping it on the road and under control
a few of these stages really got me lol.
SS1 - did the last 1/4 of run in 2nd gear. poor gearbox :<
SS2 - pushed it and took the corners a bit wide in places. Thankfully that stage is a bit forgiving in those places.
SS6 - good run until i went a bit too wide and was OFF-off road. went up over a bank and bam... O.J.'s white blazer came out of nowhere and I ran right into it. Damn spectators.
SS7 - says 'finished/possible cut' dunno what that means, but that car on that stage brings back memories of Dirt2/Dirt3.
SS8 - Solid run for me. CFH once though. Finally got around all the hairpins without riding the banks.

Good rally everyone. Thanks again Warren/Senad! Always looking forward to next week.

I drove the EUX session and had to run to work right after the finish line, so now...here is my report.
After a spin on stage 1 and a roll (no CFH) on stage 2 this rally was realy good for me. I made no more mistakes and was enjoying every single meter of this rally. This car is awsome and one of the best cars i'll think, lots of power and a very nice handling with default setup.
I was afraid of the engine on the long last stage so i take it very easy and i got up with no troubble.
Big thanks for this rally!!!!

Roughly 2 years ago i've promised myself to never run at a rally event past midnight after disastrous experience but for the Group B cars i was destined to broke it :D. Fabulous fun :) :)
After missing the EU and USX sessions i reluctantly joined the US at 03:00am for bit of adrenaline rush and oh boy, did i got it flowing.. :D
ss1 initial shock of the car on tarmac ( the most hated surface for me in RBR ) resulted in 2 big spins and 1 engine stole
ss2 i don't think i managed more then 5 meters going straight, THE most fun stage for sure :)
ss3 steady steady steady..
ss4 slow and furious..
ss5 the worst stage in RBR imo, just hate it in any car... 1 CFH and few spins...
ss6 smile is back on my face.. :)
ss7 fun fun fun
ss8 i took it very easy on this one remembering the horrible pace notes and the head gasket horror stories, still 1 CFH but the car got to the top without a hitch, i think i went way to easy then i really should have had...

All in all i've exceeded my expectations, no retirement and lots of fun, thx for setting it up guys :)
It was well worth it staying up for it :) :)

mine was pretty not very good as i had lots of moments on the first ss(Tarmak) im bad on it. had a couple of spins but went very carefull. the car is soo hard to handle. but i kept it on. on the last stage. how did you do that Magnar. i had to go very slow to finish that stage. and suprisingly i lots lots of time. damn. but it was a nice race for sure. but Magner was the man of the EUX Session. well done

well that was...interesting
had a near perfect rally, albeit all over the place in SS1 and SS5, those were mental.
Snow was absolutely fantastic!
A few of my times would have been quite competitive if I didnt false start a fraction of a millisecond before the green flight, same with one of the CFHs.
I used long gear ratios every time and on pikes I was just using 4th 5th and 6th, yet the damn thing STILL decided it would die. They need to rework that problem.
anyway, was great fun, want wait to see next weeks ^^
cheers Warren and Senad :D

That turned out to be exciting for me, for more than one reason.
Firstly, we were hit by a very severe thunderstorm :eek:, just as the Rally was commencing. I fully expected to have a power failure, and actually had the lights go dim a couple of times. I was disconnected from TS about half way through, but my RSCenter seem to keep going (I hope my results are there in the Server).

Secondly, this car was an excitement machine. What a powerful beast it was, but huge fun trying to keep it under some sort of control. Mostly I just hung on and hoped, especially on some of those bumpy USA Stages. The Audi was going so fast that it leaps off the road over small jumps and you then hope it lands somewhere safe (ish). :cool:

I had one off on SS01, climbing up a bank and having to reverse back down again.
Made a mess of SS02, still driving like the tarmac stage before it and running off track regularly. Eventually, that lead to one bad spin (again needing to reverse back on track) and then, a bit later, killing a couple of spectators. I knew I was going to wipe them out from a long way off, but still couldn't avoid them. :oops: Had to hose the blood off the Audi, which cost me lots of time. :(

After that, I leaned to take the car more carefully and just try to keep it somewhere near the roads.
I finished Pikes Peak without any engine problems, but I did keep the revs down as much as possible and took it very cautiously. I actually thought Pikes Peak was brilliant with this car, with some practice and learning the stage, I think the Audi could produce some very quick times there.

Anyway, it was a ball driving the Group B monster, loved it. :D

Thanks to Jeremy and Rick for the TS chatting while I was there :rolleyes: . Sorry about my disconnection.
Thanks to the others driving the OC Session too. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back