Rally - Viesturs Birthday Rally - Monday 23 rd & Tuesday 24th July 2012

All drivers, please note:

RSRBR2012 Update 05 has been released.
It doesn't appear to affect anything for this Rally, but it is recommended to install it for the Rally anyway.
Those still with Update 04 should be ok to join without problems.

The Savo stage is fooling me with a mass of wrong pacenotes.
Keep in mind: When it says flat, please do not hesitate to decelerate! And "cutting" seems rather uncommon to me with trees next to the road on the inside!

Keep in mind: When it says flat, please do not hesitate to decelerate! And "cutting" seems rather uncommon to me with trees next to the road on the inside!
The pacenotes are fine with me, I think it's just the style of the terrain that makes it difficult to keep the car in the middle of the road while going fast, plus the gravel feels so different compared to the gravel in England, Australia and Japan, it's slippery so you have to position/point the car very early before entering a turn.

I have problems loading the Sierra d'Agua stage...
The rally school building gets a nice camera drive by, but after 2 minutes it really should start loading. Anyone else with this bug?
Update 5 installed...

Magnus Lindgren - magnuslindgren - Europe
Sierra d Agua works good for me
But in Savo I have a very difficult stroboscopic effect in the first half of the stage. Can only (with big difficulty) drive very slow. Second half of the stage works normal. Have tried the stage twice and had the same problem both times.

Andreas and Magnus, I can't help much further with your BTB Stage issues, I have just replaced my Mainboard and still in the process of re-installing everything.
I tested it last week and both Stages ran / loaded ok for me.

All I can suggest is to try using different (probably lower) graphic resolutions and / or settings, and see if it helps. If you have V-Synch enabled, try turing that off.

Andreas and Magnus, I can't help much further with your BTB Stage issues, I have just replaced my Mainboard and still in the process of re-installing everything.
I tested it last week and both Stages ran / loaded ok for me.

All I can suggest is to try using different (probably lower) graphic resolutions and / or settings, and see if it helps. If you have V-Synch enabled, try turing that off.

I remember that for me there was a stage that only worked while in 1024X768 resolution so maybe it could be that, I also recommend changing screen settings to see if it fix it :)

A 3rd gear corner was marked as a 4th gear corner. I don't like crashing for following the note's instructions. The next rally sim needs to improve pace notes.

A 3rd gear corner was marked as a 4th gear corner. I don't like crashing for following the note's instructions. The next rally sim needs to improve pace notes.
The next rally sim would have the exact same problem, since this is an add on stage, and pace notes were probably done by the creator?

There's always the option to change the pacenotes.

EDIT: and then there's the question of cars. Flat right in a Yugo might be a hairpin right in a Ford RS200 :D

Senad has already covered the main points, it's an addon car driving an addon stage, we can't blame the base game.
However, also please note, the Pacenote Calls are not supposed to be "gear" calls, they are to indicate the tightness of the turn. If you are using the Numeric Pacenotes, they may give an indication to some drivers of the severity of the turn, but again that will vary depending on the car being driven. Even the Numeric Pacenotes are not meant to be an exact indication of what gear to use. That decision is up to the driver based on the car, the weather, the surface, and even what gear range selection is being used in the setup.

The best option is to run a Recce or two on the Stage.

EDIT: Of course, some BTB Stages in particular have a few dodgy calls, so we need to be able to make / modify our own if we are keen. WorkerBee has developed a brilliant program to do this, which was designed to also work with BTB Stages. It is my understanding that this may now be useable with RSRBR after Update 05 (not yet fully confirmed though).

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/workerbees-rbr-plugin-support.203/

Senad has already covered the main points, it's an addon car driving an addon stage, we can't blame the base game.
However, also please note, the Pacenote Calls are not supposed to be "gear" calls, they are to indicate the tightness of the turn. If you are using the Numeric Pacenotes, they may give an indication to some drivers of the severity of the turn, but again that will vary depending on the car being driven. Even the Numeric Pacenotes are not meant to be an exact indication of what gear to use. That decision is up to the driver based on the car, the weather, the surface, and even what gear range selection is being used in the setup.

The best option is to run a Recce or two on the Stage.

EDIT: Of course, some BTB Stages in particular have a few dodgy calls, so we need to be able to make / modify our own if we are keen. WorkerBee has developed a brilliant program to do this, which was designed to also work with BTB Stages. It is my understanding that this may now be useable with RSRBR after Update 05 (not yet fully confirmed though).

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/workerbees-rbr-plugin-support.203/
You and Senad are right; this is a Group N car, but I just finished a run of the stage (at least my 6th) and my opinion still stands. I know the number describes the angle, but that corner I mentioned earlier (and others) is quite off.

I have tried note editors but I haven always gotten them to work right. And when I say improve pace notes, I mean add phrases like "braking", "neat", "tightens late", "down(hill)", something to indicate a yump in the middle of a corner and so on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back