Rally - Trouble in Paradise? - Monday 14th & Tuesday 15th January 2013

I would soooooo love to enter this rally, especially if I had my wheel now... But I wont be able to download everything on time.. Damn, all those stages, I just love them.. Soo disappointed now.... :(

Have fun guys.

christian Struys - snellebelg - US

groepfoto.png

hmmm im still thinking of how i will get across ss5.. one of the stages i hate on RBR lol... and have never finished it withought going off more than three times... hmm intresting. and im not even going to bother to practice it. ill just crawl across.. lol

Changed my schedule and entered EUX instead. However, nothing happens when I press the Start button. I was too late for ss1 and the RSCenter doesn't get me into ss2. I might have to solve this problem and maybe join tomorrow.

hopefully I will make it, lost 1 and 1/4 stone (98 to 92 kilos ish) in 5 weeks. Cabbage soup, runing and weights 5 days a week... Stick a fork in me... Im done. (I am also 43)

It wasnt that i was becoming to fat to w-surf, I was starting to struggle reaching for the tv remote and the next bag of crisps..

I may have to turn the force feedback down lol

Good luck to all in the first event of 2013.

(for the organisers, so far all tracks and n4 cars working...)

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that! I think it was a bit obvious that I have been playing the first 2 stages a LOT since they come out, they are awesome! was disappointed that I rolled the car in Sweet lamb, love that stage and know it well, but still managed to roll the car, only lost the stage by 6 seconds though so not so bad!

Only but to report was to do with stage 6, my only retirement. This happened because while going flat in 5th down a relatively straight piece of road the car just started to wander and slid into the ditch, hitting a stone and killing the engine! I don't know if anybody else has experienced this but car handling on that stage was really strange, felt like the car was aquaplaning everywhere and pulling all over the place.

Here's a couple of pics from the rally:

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-01-1422-52-51-53_zpse4116292.png

RichardBurnsRally_SSE2013-01-1422-33-32-54_zps9351a449-1_zps86e94b15.jpg

Thanks to all, it's good to be back!

Sion

First rally for me in quite a long time. I got a new computer and had been too lazy to pick up RSRBR 12 halfway through. I've been running Iracing exclusively for the past few months.

I love these courses a lot. I feel like the default stages tend to be too smooth and too easy to be consistent on. Too much like any other road racing sim. The Czech stages particularly are brilliant in the way you have to react to the car's unpredictability. You constantly have to restrain yourself on the 500 meter straights because that slight rut or pothole could put you out in an instant. But at the same time, the extra speed is there if you're brave enough. That compromise makes these stages my favorites.

Anyway I had tough luck hitting an invisible spectator on SS2 and good luck spinning on most of the other stage and not hitting anything solid.

Could I pleeeease request an OCX session at 10.30 GMT tomorrow? I may not be able to make tonight's session unfortunately, and I need to do this rally :p

I haven't downloaded RSRBR 2013 yet as I'm over my data cap for the month and it resets tomorrow. So I wasn't able to sign up to this event. :p

If this session were created I would absolutely be there - if it's not too late to sign up?

Mike Nelson - JonesyMJ

Had big problems with the czech stages - they are really demanding, but also real fun!
Went off a couple of times at SS1 and then had two retirements, SS2 and 5 if I remember correct.
But also had some good moments. Pleased to be faster than Sion at some stages.
As Sion I experienced the bad grip at Humalamäki. But I think this is a realistic behaviour when you are driving on rolling gravel ("rullgrus" in swedish)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back