Rally - Tommi Makinen Tribute - Monday 4th & Tuesday 5th July 2011

Is there anyway I can get a server set up asap? I missed the start for today and will not be able to attend on tues. If it's to much trouble don't worry about it. I'll be on ts for a while. ty!

I messed up big time again a few kilometers into the first stage of a rally I have been looking forward to for some time :tongue: Understeered off the road, hit a tree head on, and locked the gearbox in 2nd. Lost about a minute on that stage with the following CFH and max speed of 110km/h.
Did well on the following stages and made up some time, climbing back to second overall in the session, but still about a minute behind Dariusz. Caught up some time, but lost it all towards the end and ended up 1:10 behind Dariusz.

Really enjoyed this rally aswell, this is absolutely one of the cars I'm considering for the championship :)

A good rally, 4th in EU session i think.

Had 2 lucky bizar motor gone but coast tx to hill going down to finnish moments. One on Mineshaft, and one on the last stage.
It was like i was driving in the hills in france, where they try to do the trick of turning of motors when going on a long downhill with little uphills inbetween. Had luck though on the last stage because the last little uphill was on the limit of dropping dead still on the gravel.

Had alot of fun on this rally with this car though. Must say it took a bit of getting used to the understeer behaviour, but that all got sorted out with scandinavian flick behaviour. Alot of rolls too and some call for helps. But some magic sliding S moments too.

Tx

Fun car! Great variety of stages, surfaces and conditions.
Coupla spins and one moment on Bisanne that cost me longer than a CFH to get back on track. :sadface:
But finished 3rd in EU, so look forward to those OC types bumping that down a bit. :D
Cheers Warren.

I don't know whether it was because of my visit to the dentist for root treatment, the varying weather and track conditions or the lack of a robust car but my rally was an absolute disaster from the second stage onwards, fail after fail after fail :poop:

Pete

Bri-lli-ant :D

Woke up late, then computer issues, started the rally with 3 seconds on the GO counter :eek:

Totally overestimated myself and the car on ice, crashed hard about 30 metres in.
Managed to get myself together, and had huge fun sliding from corner to corner.
Unfortunately, my engine died more than 3 km from the finish line.
Luckily, it was all downhill, and I finished the last 3+ km with nothing but gravity powering me :D
Unfortunately, that meant I missed the start of SS2.
Unfortunately, picked the wrong car as well, LOL.

Still, overall, brilliant :D

EDIT: too late for SS2, retired on SS3, wrong tires on SS4 :confused:, lost the brakes with a small side contact with a tree on SS5, Camhack stopped working early on. Fail rallying day.

What a shocker from me tonight. Tommi Makinen will never let me near his Lancer again, I wrecked it twice. However, in my defence, this car was the most fragile car I have driven in RSRBR so far. The slightest tap on the front left corner seemed to wreck the brakes and / or the gearbox.

On Bisanne, I bumped the front of the car on the inside bank in one turn, which immediately killed the gearbox and stalled the car. I restarted it only to have it stall agin. I repeated this sequence several times until I finally got the car going again. Then due to the gearbox being jammed, I bumped the front again on a fence which then killed the brakes. Now it was fun, and on the downhill section with no brakes and no gearbox to downshift, I hurtled towards the left hand hairpin with no way of slowing the car. I threw the wheel at full lock, only to disappear off the cliff sideways. DOH!!. DNF.

Then on Mustaselka, I tapped a tree lightly with the side of the car, and immediately got another damaged gearbox. This time I had no drive at all, the car revved but would not go forward (or backwards). Yet another DNF. A new record for me, two DNF's due to wrecked cars in one Rally.

Looks like my night wasn't as bad as Senad's though, at least I got a few good stages.

Seems I wasn't the only one wrecking the Lancer in the OC session though, Jeremy was the only one who finished without a DNF.

Well done Jeremy. :thumb:

Rally results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Dariusz, Jeremy and Roy :trophy:

Stage wins:
Roy Magnes: 4 stage wins :star::star::star::star:
Dariusz Swiderski: 2 stage wins :star::star:
Jeremy Loveland: 1 stage win :star:
Warren Dawes: 1 stage win :star:

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up, see you all next week :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.
Werent you driving an evo 7 :p

I had a great time as allways, and im very happy to make second ( guess the bump upto group 1 will have to wait til next week :p)
congrads to Dariusz on the win, and to roy for taking the final podium position.

Sorry to Norman for knocking him down but at least it wasnt Warren :p

See you all again next week.

Woohooo another club event win for me:banana:.

Have to admit to having 2 practice runs for this rally so i knew what to expect:). This car was one of the better handling 4WD i've ever tried with this game, really enjoyed the drive:cool:. But also one of the most fragile onces so i knew i had to go for the consistency and not the speed. That didn't saved me from going off on ss1 and hitting a tree head on ( at very very low speed ) and damaging the radiator but thankfully the engine survived to the end of the stage. Also the bonnet popped up when i had it going after the crash and gave me the fright of my life:D. Had stalled the engine on ss2 so lost a few sec there too, but that was it, all the rest clean and safe:).
Had another go at it straight after with James W. and i recon i could have shaved another 30 - 40 sec of my total time so very happy with my driving in RBR recently :cool:.
Big thx to Warren for posting his tarmac setup, it was very nice and stable ( still hate the tarmac stages:wink: ) and Nigel for his monte and snow setups, very very nice :good:.

Congrats to Jeremy and Roy ( had you under control after your ss1 misfortune:wink: ) for the podium finishes, BIG thx to Senad for helping out with the James's session setup, Warren & RD, see you next week guys:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%