Rally - The Midnight Special - Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th September 2011

Mick Aspinall - Aspy - EU - Fabia evo 1
Sorry for late entry, been away from rally for a bit.
Hi Pete, love Mull have spectated there many times, great rally, some of my best rally weekends spent on Mull.
Lets see if i can drive like Duffy tonight, some how i dont think i can! :)

Well the night + FFB made me lag pretty awsome. Although I managed to finish the rally without retirements.
Main problem during this rally was the short gearbox (I was too lazy to tune the car, tbh) and the lags.

1st stage - This is one of the stages I hate the most. Seriously, I just hate it. Rolled over the car and holed radiator. Bad start of the rally.
2nd stage - Was going slowly, although I think I broke head gasket in 2nd split. +/- clean stage.
3rd stage - Spun and had enourmous crash. The engine died and I thought that its over... but it wasnt - I managed to start it again. Was pretty suprised.
4th stage - After the huge jump the engine died again, was a bit confused but started it and went further. Later had huge spun and then a crash. Nothing too big but I lost many seconds there.
5th stage - I like this stage, really. And I know places where I must NOT make mistakes here.. and in one of those places - I did. Small mistake which leaded me to a huge crash. I mean, seriosuly.. HUGE crash. I never thought I`ll be able finish the stage after that, but I did.. After that I managed to make another crash and spun into forest.
6th stage - Hit a tree heavily - had only 2nd gear for more than a half of stage.
7th stage - Rolled the car over and had to call for help..
8th stage - At the beginning of stage damaged gearbox again - had only 2nd gear and had to drive the whole stage like that. Called 3 or 4 times for help because I wasnt able to go backwards after I stopped somewhere.

All in all the rally was slow and a failure but at least I didnt retire. Really happy that there were no BTB stages. And Im still learning to drive with my new wheel. I loved night stages, hope there is going to be more like that. And hopefully I`ll upgrade my PC soon enough to avoid lags :)

Thanks for the rally :)

Well, this was a strange night, I wasn't able to increase the pace during the all event. I don't like this sensation, I feel that the car can be faster but I slip to much tonight.

Not a lot of drivers tonight in the EU session, I made good times compared to the other contestants. I made a dangerous brake in the SS2 at the beginning of the Split 2 and the time lost gave to Roy the opportunity to win this stage.

I think that the game didn't record my time for the SS3, because it is written "in progress" and I have finished the event. I saved my times, I will sent it to you, Warren.

Good luck for everybody else.

First rally on new pc, first stage felt awfull then realised i had not set up FFB. After that my usual mix of ok and crap. Not driven on RBR for a while so to come back on night stages felt a little nervy. Back on G27 after new GT3 RS developed a fault, only a few weeks old, should have gone with gut feeling and saved some money!! still clubsport pedals are the Dogs Danglys:tongue:

Wey, I beat Seb on a stage :D *tatatatataaaaaaa"
I started with my usual habit of killing things on ss1 just to destroy my hopes of a good finish, this time I found a big group of people towards the end...
Was going flat out on the stages I know, and took it carefully on the stages I struggle with. Lost heaps of time in the end, but the spectators on ss1 was my only miss of the rally.

Thanks for setting it up, and a big thank you to the guy who came up with the stage-plan :wink:

Seems several people had connection problems there. I'm a little confused about my results and didn't get a chance to check them thoroughly after the rally so I'm not sure if all my stages were counted either.

Good rally for me. I went end to end without damaging the car. I guess that means I should be driving faster. My only incident was clipping a snowbank on SS3 while making a handbrake hairpin turn, causing the car to come to a halt and stall. Seems the Skoda has a tricky clutch, almost digital.

I think that the game didn't record my time for the SS3, because it is written "in progress" and I have finished the event. I saved my times, I will sent it to you, Warren.

Seb,
Send your HTML file (if you saved it) or a screenshot to Senad. He is pulling the results together.

Hopefully the Server may still have your results anyway.

Matthijs Heerschap (hubba) , EST, Peugeot 207

Matthijs, which Session do you want? I'm not sure what EST means?

Are you joining the US or USX one, or are you requesting a new USA Session, if so, what time do want it to start?

EDIT: I think you are too late to get a new Session created for US, so you need to join one of the two US sessions already created, either US or USX.

I'll put you down for the USX Session as a guess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back