Rally - The Grim Reaper- Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th August 2011

stupid bug

what could have been a fun event was spoiled for six of us by the tire bug, we had no chance to change tires before sikakama and had to abort that stage :(

s01 nice run, once the motor died but got back after 10 secs, scared me so much I went off track, lucky to not hit anything
s02 another almost clean one, lost some secs in the woods but car all nice and shiny at finish
s03 bad run, tapped the barrels lightly first time round and had a hugely twisted steering after that? not realistic at all, had to go very slow because after every bump you never knew which side the car would go
s04 see above, gutted
s05 totally lost my rhythm due to the finnish disaster, one stupid off, gut stuck CFH, one minute slower than in practice, all other stages tonight faster or about same speed as in practice :(
s06 nice run, loved the sheer challenge of staying on track, 4th fastest time of all EU players :)
s07 another great run, 5th best time
s08 one small off cost me my splitter, only serious damage I inflicted on the Focus tonight, came after one of those dying motors when you skip 2 gears at once shifting down, got distracted by worrying about red motor sign and went off.

overall 8th in EU could have been 5th, my best ever result if not for that stupid bug.

terrific event, loved every bug-free second of it, cheers to the crew!

RSCenter picked the wrong tires for me at the Finland stage too. After 60 seconds I'd gone about 100 yards and gave up.

Also I had major problems at Pribram. Seems the Subaru is sometimes unable to clear some of the small stones on the road in the dirt section. I lost about 90 seconds there just by being stuck.

Otherwise, for my first ever competitive rally I feel like I did pretty well. I kept it on the road 95% of the time. Only other significant incident was in SS1 when a light breeze tipped my car gently over on the drivers side.

Things started amazingly.

As I set off from the line in SS01, mental note to self, take it easy, get a decent result in the bank.
10 seconds in, I glide into a tree. Both feet on the brake, both hands making generic religious gestures. Dead.
Congratulations, you've filled your rally rage meter.

Miraculously, I managed to keep composure and continued.
A few nice stages, looking at you Pribram; a CFH 400m short of the finish, looking at you Sikakama.
etc etc etc.

Tried pushing on Mlynky, which worked in practice, but not tonight.
All in all, a semi-decent, top 6 result thrown away on the last two stages.

Cheers Warren, Senad, and all who came to play with ze Grim Reaper. ;)

ps. That problem came up with Sikakama in the last few weeks, either in the Club or the RDRC.
For whatever reason, RSCenter defaults to tarmac inters instead of Snow.
Always check the tyres before hitting GO!

Pardon my inexperience, but where do I go to view the final results?

BTW thanks to everybody who helped me get started earlier this week. I had fun and I'll be back again.

Very tough rally with plenty of ups and downs for me, but I definitely enjoyed the challenge it.

Stage 1 went pretty badly as I had a small spin, hit a tree and instantly turned the car into a fireball. Noiker went only marginally better as I broke the radiator with 6.5km to go, but luckily managed to nurse the car home. After that things went a little better except for a few very scary moments on the very slippery turns of Bisanne.

@Paul - results tend to be posted late Tuesday/early Wednesday.

I couldn't race today, because, well. Pictures are coming later!

Anyway, can I ask for a EUX, at 13:00 GMT Tuesday? (Still not sure if I can race, but I won't hold it any longer, because of the results!)

I did, but tires could not be changed, were in light grey and no menu opened. that is even more frustrating than simply forgetting.

Did you try to clic on the green double arrow at the right of the "GO" button, to refresh the RSCenter ?
Maybe if you had this type of issue, you can try to close RSCenter and reload it. The menu will be available, I think.

(For me the menu was available, I saw that I have Tarmac wet tyres selected and I modified it to Snow tyres. For sure with tarmac tyres it is impossible to finish the stage. Just a stupid question, the menu was disable before or after you clic on the "GO" button)

As I thought, rally was a disaster for me :tongue: 3 stages completed, others forfeited either by wrecking or forgetting to set right tires. I drove (tried to) in my homeland with gravel tires. That was embarressing. It was fun though! Thanks again for arranging these great SPECTACLES! :D

SS01: very early bump offroad took care of radiator, i took care off a roll at the end --> CFH but finished first deadly combo...
SS02: wow, hard though concentration cracker... made it out alive... Every corner harder to follow...

Pribram was quite satisfying, although 2 spins made sure i've got a dirty sheet that keeps on building up. The Subaru has a hard outer shell, i can tell you that...

SS04: greyed out tyres with almost no time left made sure i left the start line on tarmacs, got stuck 2 meters in the stage...
Not a grim reaper that one, more like a grey reaper...

SS05: a rage joy to drive. Luckily a nice short speedy stage. Made me help cool the rage and turn things around...

Bisanne...
Very tough stage. Uphil went fine with constant 4wd drift stuff, but as soon as i enter the downhill part it changes from drifting to locking brakes, oversliding corners etc, until i ended up with a CFH... To top that stage off i took the last sweeping right bend a bit to hard, and ended up probably killing a whole group of spectators on the left of the red signs... Grim Reaper got me hard...

SS07: killed my car completely flying off the road into the valley. Lovely stage though!!

SS08: killed it with rage!!!!

Tx Norman for a good grim reaper session!!
Tx Warren, Senad, Rick,...

right. what can I say...uhh...NEVER AGAIN WITH A CONTROLLER.
If I had a swear jar, I'd be rich! lol
finished less stages than intended, and got very annoyed when RSRBR selected tarmac tyres automatically for finland...

Love the challenge of this Rally!

SS1: 1CFH after my car slide down the slope in a tight turn

SS2: spin but at the end OK

SS3: at the gravel section trouble with rocks on the road but I quickly turned the car

SS4: little mistake going over the slope but saved it from running of the road at the opposite side

SS5: my tyres got trapped in the canal and I couldn't avoid hitting bystanders

SS6: 500 meters from the finish hit the wooden railing and killed the engine

SS7: almost went off the cliff but saved it at the very end. Rear left tyre was probably looking down the abyss. :) But generally no trouble.

SS8: really disappointed after my car was unrealistically flipped or should I say got tripped by a bump :mad:
That killed the transmission.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back