Rally - The Grim Reaper- Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th August 2011

Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EU

Only 4 boring cars to choose from, though :eek: Oh, well... I'll fit some C4 in a C4, have to go out with a bang :D

with Lucifer getting in on the game ...

seriously I've just tried the first two stages. took me eight tries to finish the first one, the only thing that helped was imagining that the Ford WRC belonged to a good friend and that I really needed to hand it back in one piece. Each time you feel like "ah, now we're finally getting somewhere ..." the grim reaper sticks his head round yet another 90 degree bend and hums his ghastly tune. Noiker was fine, one run only, actually enjoyed it.

seriously I've just tried the first two stages. took me eight tries to finish the first one,

Wait till you get to SS03 and SS06, Eckhart. (And I toned down the weather settings for those two from Norman's original evil proposal.
reaper.gif
)

We need a Grim Biscuit smilie. :wink:

I am new to RBR, new to rally racing in general, and I intend to enter this event and likely crash out at every stage.

First I have a few questions.

I am from the US. Do I need to sign up for the US start time? Or is it fine to pick one of the others. I searched out this question and couldn't find an answer. I work nights so US times would rarely work out for me. EU is better. Also, how long do these rallies typically take? I may only have a short window of time I'd be able to run.

I am new to RBR, new to rally racing in general, and I intend to enter this event and likely crash out at every stage.

First I have a few questions.

I am from the US. Do I need to sign up for the US start time? Or is it fine to pick one of the others. I searched out this question and couldn't find an answer. I work nights so US times would rarely work out for me. EU is better. Also, how long do these rallies typically take? I may only have a short window of time I'd be able to run.

Hi :welcome:

You can drive in any session available, you can even request an additional session at a time that suits you best.

Club rallies usually take 30-40 minutes, it mostly depends on the stages and cars used. You can check the results from previous rallies. (e.g. http://i.imgur.com/ITaA8.png or http://i.imgur.com/D9MRN.png)

EDIT: 30-40 minutes of driving, there's always a couple of minutes extra between the stages, but that is up to you. You can drive one stage after the other, or wait for a few minutes in between each stage.

Welcome to our Rally Club Paul, always good to have some more USA guys aboard.

You are free to join any of the Sessions listed, not just the US one. We have listed one Session in each of EU, US, and OC to cover the major world timezones, but members are free to join the one that suits them best. Drivers indicate which one they plan to join so that we know which Sessions to creaste on the Server for them.
If none of the Sessions listed are suitable, we accept requests for "special" times, provided that they are within the Monday / Tuesday periods. Only downside to a "special" session, is that you may be a bit lonely as others may not be in that Session with you.
So, if you need a "special" Session, just let us know on sign-up, and we will usually agree.

The Total Rally time can vary a bit depending on the Stages used, but usually they are completed in about 1 hour. It can depend on how long you wait between Stages, you can jump straight through them as soon as you finish the previous Stage, or some people "take a break" between Stages if time permits.
There is also a 15 min Countdown time between the nominated Start time and the 1st Stage being available to drive.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: "Quick draw" Senad has already answered. :cool:

Great to have you aboard :rally:

Go through the Rally School lessons if you haven't already, they're great help. Make sure you're able to join an online rally, so you don't run into problems when the actual session appears.
Also, don't get discouraged by this rally, I suspect this will be pretty near impossible for most of the people here. I know there will be about 8 smoking heaps of metal in my future, LOL.

EDIT: LOL Warren, I answered, and edited, and added links to results, and edited again :tongue:

Guys, can somebody tell me what type of surfaces have Pribram got? Until that moment when I tried it with Normal mod, I thought it's a mixture of tarmac & gravel. But I was a little bit surprised when I started the stage first with tarmac tyres, and it has 0 grip on tarmac. Then I tried the gravel tyres, it has much more grip on tarmac (at the first split, I was faster with 7 seconds!), but 0 grip on gravel. :D

Guys, can somebody tell me what type of surfaces have Pribram got? Until that moment when I tried it with Normal mod, I thought it's a mixture of tarmac & gravel. But I was a little bit surprised when I started the stage first with tarmac tyres, and it has 0 grip on tarmac. Then I tried the gravel tyres, it has much more grip on tarmac (at the first split, I was faster with 7 seconds!), but 0 grip on gravel. :D

That seems strange. :confused:
I just gave it a test run, and used the tyres that RSRBR gave me (Tarmac inters). They seemed to grip ok on the tarmac sections, which is most of the Stage, but it was very slippery on the gravel.
That's about what I'd expect.

Don't forget that Med Fog makes the surface rather wet and more slippery than usual.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%