Rally - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th July 2012

Andreas Scholz (Atomninja) - EUX - Skoda

Now that I learned the course of the process, I can maybe "drive" a rally for the first time. The Twingo exploded to the outside with his tail when I only touched the brake on every corner...impossible to drive. And wrong tire nearly every stage, as I can't change it ingame...need to remind me:notworthy:

EDIT: Added server time zone

Andreas Scholz (Atomninja) - Skoda

Now that I learned the course of the process, I can maybe "drive" a rally for the first time. The Twingo exploded to the outside with his tail when I only touched the brake on every corner...impossible to drive. And wrong tires nearly every stage, as I can't change it ingame...need to remind me:notworthy:
Perhaps you haven't calibrated your pedals, or have digital input selected in game? The car was very easy to drive.
Correct tires should be selected by default, unless you turned that off.

Yes I turned off tire selection, but will put it on again, as it really is easy to forget, and setup has no choice option.
I never had such terrible problemps with 4WD cars. But shouldn't the car push massively on the front with the standard brake bias, when it is just my braking? That's exactly the point, for me the car really was undriveable. I will recheck my config on this weekend!

Actually...

If the Twingo is FWD, and the models for FWD are turned around in RBR, is then also the shown(Setup screen) Brake Bias wrong?

If I had 55:45(Front:Rear) in-game, would it be actually 45:55 or does the game showthat correctly?

Actually...

If the Twingo is FWD, and the models for FWD are turned around in RBR, is then also the shown(Setup screen) Brake Bias wrong?

If I had 55:45(Front:Rear) in-game, would it be actually 45:55 or does the game showthat correctly?

FWD is in the game by default (MG S1600), the RWD's are the ones that are turned around :)

But shouldn't the car push massively on the front with the standard brake bias, when it is just my braking? That's exactly the point, for me the car really was undriveable. I will recheck my config on this weekend!

Andreas, I agree with Senad, it may be your calibration / settings in the Controller Options.
Have you looked at the Curvature Settings for your Brake? I find that braking in RBR can be savage (especially on Gravel and Snow) with the default settings. I use a fair amount of curvature in my Brake pedal settings to give more sensitivity. In RBR you don't want to be slamming the brake pedal hard and late on gravel / snow, they lockup too easily. I always try to brake more smoothly and even start braking much earlier if needed.
My Controller Settings are posted in the Forum somewhere, I can find them if you want.

Of course, that assumes you have a wheel, if not, I can't be much help. ;)

Yeah the curvature makes it a hell of alot easier to brake, after changing it now I notice I brake way too early!

Erik Engman (Eiktyrner) - EU - VW Polo

Someone's gotta be last, so might aswell sign up. I've missed rally games and completely forgot this one.

I appreciate your support, all of you! I need to withdraw nevertheless, as my booting problems have grown worse and it would be a wonder if my computer would do me a favor tomorrow.
If I am lucky and the machine starts, I hope to take the last start spot.

I hope this is okay for you?
Very sorry, but my mainboard really sucks at the moment.

I will change my calibration settings to to more of a curve and test it, so I would be prepared lol

It is possible to make an additional Session for me because i won´t be able to do in this schedules.
It ca be created at Monday 10:00AM (hour of he server Rallyesim) ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%