Rally - Snow Sliding @ Finland - Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th May 2012

Was not too happy with my first 2 stagetimes, but on Sikakama I rolled heavliy esrly on and had a CFH, then I rolled again towards the end of the stage and lost the brakes en the car. Argh! The stage that I have njoyed the most since I started driving the game has turned on me yet again :p
Again the rest of the rally was used to salvage some kind of result, and the focus was on getting back past Alasdair at least.
Too bad with your problems on the final 2 stages, Andrew, you had a very good pace today!

Now all I have to do is wait for Magnar and Fernando to shred my times :p

edit: Oh, and did anyone else feel the stone-walls along the mixmod-stage? My car got thrown in every direction continously like a ping-pong-ball when I used the width of the road there, really hard to go clean on that one.

hohohoho. i had two bad offs which coast me lots of minutes on the two last stages.. huh. Roy you can Fly on Snow.. Big up maan. there was a big fight there...lol luckyly you guys beat me at the end.. awesome Race good luck to everyone

Edit: yes Roy i Wonder how you were Flying on that stage. i couldnt drive at all.

I think Kris Meeke said it best when he said " you definitely need a new set of eyes for this wrc game, the hedges just come so much faster ". I'm still not used to these really quick cars.

SS1- no problems at all
SS2- didn't really find a rhythm in here, was kind of a scrappy stage.
SS3- landed hard over one of the big jumps and got a huge tank slapper on. I then struggled to get a decent rhythm back.
SS4- took it easy, didn't take any risks, drove it in the middle of the road......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh look I'm slowest out of everyone. How did that possibly happen?
SS5- Pushed a bit harder and ended up 2nd slowest out of everyone.
SS6- Set a new personal best time in here despite my Anti-virus deciding it was time for an update. Cue massive lag and Robert Reid saying " flat........... le....ft.......... caution....... medi...um right " Just held it together to find I was still 5 seconds down on Roy
SS7- 2nd quickest, only 4 seconds down on Roy.
SS8- I hate the snow mixed mod but I took it easy and ended up 2nd quickest again.

Overall I'm pretty happy to only be 12 seconds behind Roy ( although he would have demolished me if he hadn't had some problems, the same goes for Andrew as well ). Great rally, good luck to the guys who've still to compete

SS1: W T F! I kinda smashed the guys I raced with, what's up with that? O.o

SS2: Normal procedure is resumed. Way back! :p

SS3: Oups, a call for help. I always drive with the inner front wheel in the snowbanks. that doesn't work on this stage.

SS4: Noes! A roll - and then I hit a tree. And I was 3 sec faster than Magnar on split 2 :(

SS5: A spin, and a "Dakar-style" ride. But fastest!

SS6: Wey! Went well! :) I think Colin McRae would've had some skidmarks! A stage full of luck!

SS7: Luck ended! :p

SS8: Uhm? Ok, retired.

Snow is home soil. Had a steady rally, a lot slower than the top drivers but and I am satisfied with my performance except for SS6 when I went wide in one of the final turns and hit a very small tree which unrealistcly killed my engine instantly, forcing me to retire. I use to drive over trees like that with my snowmobile without problems. Surely a Rally-Hyundai should make it.

An epic shot of my flying Focus at SS5 :D

FlyingFocus.jpg

I had a good run at SS2 but then after that it's been very hard to keep up with Magnar's Impreza, until I had a bad moment on SS5, lucky the engine wasn't damaged, only the rear suspension which makes the car very hard to control. I lost some time and it's impossible for me to catch up with Magnar anymore so I just cruised on the remaining stages.

Thanks all. :)

Great to see my times at the top of every stage in the OC :) .. shame it was because I crashed out in each of the first four stages!! :redface:

Finished a few stages in the second half, the focus is a cool car when I was getting the hang of it, so twitchy, never ever going to u/steer! :cool: .. but resumed normal service on mixed mod stage at end with a crash before first timing split!!:speechless:

Thanks to organising team.. and congrats to all competitors!

I thought Senad had killed all the marshals on Sikakama, but on the second run of the stage today I found one he missed :p I had 3 nice sessions, hopefully I will have a few stagewins with my first one :)

Only one word to describe my effort tonight -- diabolical!!!
I can't remember ever driving so badly or crashing so much. My concentration was somewhere else tonight, but it was still fun (well sort of :rolleyes:).

No clean stages that I can recall but the low lights were:
SS02 - Hit something I didn't see, possibly a rock, and killed it stone dead. :(
SS04 - Had a multiple rollover very early on, ended up driving the wrong way, flicked it around to get going the right way and rolled it again in the process :redface:. Had to drive with broken steering then for most of the stage.
SS07 - Bumped a tree very early in the stage, which again killed the car. :(
SS08 - Managed to bump the icy snow on the edge down the fast early section, resulting in multiple rolling down that straight. Needed a CFH to get going again, but the steering was badly damaged making it near impossible to control over the rest of the stage. So I just bounced from ice bank to ice bank trying to get it to turn, but it wasn't keen on that. :O_o:

So the little Peugeot ended up as a bucket of bolts tonight.

Good fun with Jeremy, Damien, Roy, and Mike on TS. Plenty of sad stories to share too. :p
Well done to Tero for winning our session, I think he was one of the few to keep his car reasonably clean. ;)

Overall Rally Results

vmB0d.jpg

GvpCg.png

Congrats Magnar, Roy, and Fernando

Stage wins:
Magnar Haarstadsveen: 3 stage wins
Ole Marius Myrvold: 3 stage wins
Roy Magnes: 1 stage win
Fernando Agapito: 1 stage win

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Fernando for the podium presentation.
Hope to see you all next week.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Is the times correct on ss6? By my calculations I should have a time around 6 minutes or thereabout on Sikakama 2.

edit: Oh, it is the time from the previous stage. That is why I was so much faster than I thought :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%