Rally - Slick Celica - Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd August 2011

Congrats all, and to the the podium Seb, Magnar & Warren well done!

Seb, the rally gods said i could have ss6, but i was on my own for the rest and it showed lol, with a 2 sec buffer i was lucky to steal 5th from Paul who might be more deserving as i had no business being on Mnt Herman without any prep lol. That is one monster of a stage alright! worthy of another visit i think.

Well done to Warren, Senad & others who helped support another record turnout, i don't expect the rally bug to slow down anytime soon
:)

Thanks all !

I really enjoyed that Rally, I found the Celica to be a very nice car, both visually and to drive. I thought it was quite stable with the setups I made, taking out the nasty rear brake lock up tendency under heavy braking.

IMO it is better to do a stable setup than a setup faster but more difficult to drive. A CFH or retired cost to much time.

Congratulations again to Sebastien (Loeb). :D:D
Yet again, Sebastien proves that the gap to us mere mortals is huge, but someone will challenge you eventually, Seb. WOW!!! What a time you set at Mont Herman, more than a minute faster than the entire field. :pray:

I didn't know this stage before, I think that we can go faster because sometimes I clearly break to much before turn that I can pass faster. I think that maybe 14 m 15 s can be possible.

As usual, I was consistent but but just not fast enough (or is that brave enough?)

That's the key of a good result (podium at least), I think that we can find some drivers who won a rally club event without winning a stage.
Well done Warren ;)

Well, in RBR it might be like that but in real rallying that driver is a pus*y. We have one champion (who has been champion for few years) in Latvia.. He has won only few stages and few rallies and still - a champion. Only because he is driving for results - slowly - to get to the finish. In the meanwhile - there are many better drivers than him who are driving for specatators. They know how to drive faster and how to win championships but they just dont do that :p When they need to drive faster - they are monsters.. :)

Maybe its like that in RBR but in real life and real rallying.. I wouldnt call it a champion, really :)

Viesturs, you cant blame anyone driving for points he is worser than others... its not true, consistency requires a lot of experiences then you cant be bad driver... and I dont know how it goes in Latvia, but be champion is main target here in the Czech Republic in all cost

That is the way I went on to my second in class at last seasons production-championship. I did not win that many stages, but I was usually in the top 5 on each stage, thus keeping me near the top. This is also the way that Carlos Sainz came close to winning championships in the later part of his WRC-career also, by being "mr. consitant" and position himself wisely for points :)

Gregory Cogotti, who used to do some club events in RBR few months back, he was an extremely consistent driver. Didn't always get fastest stage times, but me and the other guys just pushed too hard. He ended up winning a few rallies :)

It's brains over brawn at the end of the day.

Thanks for the spreadsheet, Warren.

I may have recruited another driver so hopefully in two weeks, the record attendance mark will be broken again. Ever considered running multiple class club rallies?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 91 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%