Rally - Roy's Frostbite Run - Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th February 2012

I would say my rally was very solid, fast pace with little to no miskates, the Slovakia stages really mess with me... the pace notes are so far off from what I'm used to. On SS6 on the hairpin near the end I hit the spectator :mad: but besides that, no offs, cfhs, or retirements.

I did win the USX season and could see the "other Jeff" ;) (I liked that) struggling towards the end but finished strong. Good work man & to the others in the USX session, Great Rally!

Ryan, trust me dude. Keep racing and you will get better with ever race. I promise you that. Plus this is by far the best group of people I have ever raced with. :p

Thanks to Warren, Roy, and Senad for all the work on this, see yea next week.

Just FYI to the organizers, the US time zones are not correct on the US start time listed on page 1. The rally is starting right now, 10:00 pm eastern instead of 11 as listed.

Just FYI to the organizers, the US time zones are not correct on the US start time listed on page 1. The rally is starting right now, 10:00 pm eastern instead of 11 as listed.

Oops!! Looks like my mistake, thanks for letting me know Paul.
I think I copied and pasted from an older DST Event.:oops:

If you or Mike or Joe need the later US Session created, I can do it now.
In fact, I'll set it up now, just in case.

EDIT:I've now added a new Session USZ starting at 04:00 GMT (11PM Eastern USA) in case it's needed.
Sorry for my boo boo.

I see that all three of you are in the US Session anyway, but just in case.

Halfway through an especially crummy run, rsrbr decided to crash and put me out of my misery.

I'm going to go ahead and run the second session, if you don't want to count my times, I suppose that's fair. I just want to know how well I would have done if I wasn't trying to rally in the middle of cooking dinner.

Well, that was fun.. thanks for setting it up!

I had a few CFH's but at least finished every stage. Sure wish there were more US drivers. Im never really sure if Im doing well or not with only 1 or 2 other drivers in there. Ah well.

Thanks!

I missed the first stage of the rally as the rally started an hour early (I did notice the explanation above, but it was too late - I'd committed to running it nonetheless). Having not run any of the stages prior except for Mlynky, I think I did ok. I hit a tree in the 3rd or 4th stage but had a clean run for the rest of them. Once again, I ran a very conservative pace just to finish.
What would happen if I'd decided to run the other US timezone after the 10pm one? Would only the 1st stage count? Just wondering.

Whoops, sorry about the US mixup. I just went with the times listed, and hadn't noticed anything wrong.

EDIT: whenever there's a session issue (not created, or wrong time or anything), it might be worth a shot to send me a PM. I'll get a notification on my phone, and might be able to fix it.

RSCenter totally just quit out when I started mlynky, even though I have the track and everything O_o
doesn't really matter, cant concentrate tonight anyway, showing my the last of finishes and speed. Do love that car though, and chirdonhead was a blast as usual :D

Fortunately I can finish the OC session, and I won it :)
SS1: godd, but too slow, because of the new car for me.
SS2-3: i hit the f*ckin spectators, but finished
SS4-8: very good and funny for me with this car :)

Took the 205 GTI for a spin. Was good fun, nice little car. It probably looked nice too, almost like a proper rally drive :D

There was a hairpin early on, and I went through it like a champ, was all proud, but then realized the car is understeering off track on the exit :D

Found too many trees and hill drops, a lot of red ink in the end.
Two-three times ended up with the same car issue: hit a tree or something, engine dies. They put me back on the road, I switch to neutral, start it up, it revs, but then I put it into 1st, and it slowly dies. I can start it again, but it will die in any gear again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back