Rally - Roy's Frostbite Run - Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th February 2012

I've added the EUY Session, but 3 sessions in 4 hours is asking too much. We will be reviewing future additional sessions like this and most likely limiting them.

Lol Warren must hate me, i don't understand : i ask for one session, one for the first time ever i ask for a session in the Rally club and you say it is too much asking for it? if some day the papers change and i am the organizer. Expect no sessions from me. I retired from that session on purpose. I quit the Rally club, i will drive in RDRC when it starts. I have nothing against the great people here and i thank for the weekly events they're a nice opportunity to drive every week, i have nothing against you Senad or anybody. I just don't go with that ^ kind of responses, if i suggest checking the cars before the Rally because there is a bug with the impreza : you say it's my job to check my car and that i'm jocking for asking you to check some cars. If i ask for another session because i can't make it to the other sessions, it's too much to ask. If you have 3 sessions in 4 hours, remember that i didn't create them. But offcourse, this will be edited and i will receive a message "watch your posts" and probably be suspended or even worse, don't bother answering with "i don't know what you're talking about" or anything.

See you never.

Indeed. I thought we weren't going to create sessions within an hour of each other anyway.

I'll be needing 24 hour notice from now on. I have created first sessions last night. If I wasn't at home today, I would not have been able to create this one. Some consideration might not be too bad.

EDIT: session created

Thanks!

Hi Senad, the reason i asked for the extra session is because today i have a meeting at 1:00 that is one hour after the time the session i asked for, so i had one free hour to run and as you give us the great opportunity to ask for sessions if something like this happens i thought i'd ask for it, the reason i asked for the session so late is because i had already planned to do the other session but i got the time by 1 hour wrong so i wasn't going to make it to the other sessions, i discovered that just yesterday, sorry for the extra work man.

Good luck!

thanks for the great times i had in the rally club.

I ran a test session at Mlynky yesterday & noticed my frame rate drop considerably. Guess I'll have to lower the detail in the ini file. Is there a way to get all cores working on this game? In rFactor I use "+ fullproc" in the exe but I don't know where to put it in RBR or if it would even work.

It was an enjoyable drive, despite a few retirements. Unfortunately the game crashed to desktop on Mlynky snow, but other than that it was good fun. Nicely chosen, Roy!

Thank you Senad and Warren for setting up this event, looking forward to the next one.

That was kinda fun... I hate Snow but it was funny to slip the car trough the corners. Ofcourse that went wrong a few times but I kind enjoyed it :) I was to slow for top 10 so decided to drift some more :)

Thanks Warren and Roy (not myself, I'm not THAT selfish... :p ) And see you next time :D

A fun rally and except for a CFH in one of the first corners on Stage 1 it was a very good rally for me. After the two first stages i was having a nice battle with Fernando and Hampus. Crazy time on SS2 Fernando!!! Did you find a shortcut?:)

Thanks for making this rally guys!!

Lol Warren must hate me, i don't understand : i ask for one session, one for the first time ever i ask for a session in the Rally club and you say it is too much asking for it?
3 sessions in 4 hours. Everyone would have got the same response.
You have also signed up for rallies before, and then signed out several times.

I retired from that session on purpose.
You retired on purpose after the first split of stage 2?

if i suggest checking the cars before the Rally because there is a bug with the impreza : you say it's my job to check my car and that i'm jocking for asking you to check some cars.
Why is this still an issue? 16 cars on 8 stages. It's easier for the person driving one car to try it, and report any issues, than for one person to drive 128 stages. 5 minutes per stage (I'm underestimating it by a lot) = 10 hours. Why you can't see how ridiculous that is, I really can't say.

But offcourse, this will be edited and i will receive a message "watch your posts" and probably be suspended or even worse, don't bother answering with "i don't know what you're talking about" or anything.
Don't see a reason for any of that.

See you never.
"Most of us are veeery slow", and "wouldn't last 5 minutes in rallyesim" anyway.

I have massive internet problems, thats why i can complete only 1 stage :(
Can I able to a rerun on the OC?? :)
Norbert, sorry to hear of your problems.
We have a rule that only allows a driver to have the times for his first run counted for results (mainly to prevent drivers getting a re-run for a crash).
However, you are certainly free to join another session for the fun of the rally and to compare your times with others.
Senad and I will review your circumstances (after checking the server) and may allow your OC times this time.

Great, just friggin great :mad:

After stage one i thought i might have a chance on being able to pull off a decent rally without too much problems, on stage one i finished second out of four in the USX server and felt good about my time.

Then all hell break loose!

SS2 was going quite well if you don't concider the small touch i had with one of the poles on the side of the road in sector one.. Felt like i would get a decent time until i entered the part with road construction.. Probably i went too fast into the waterpit because the car went flying out of it and landed into the trees... engine died and i had to retire :(

SS3 had the same opening, felt like i was going fast and steady, but all of a sudden the engine died and the car came to an halt.. Don't ask what happened, because i don't know!?!

SS4, rolled twice, one cfh and a terrible time...

SS5 is the stage that ruined my mood completely! Loaded the stage and got off to an great start! Almost felt like an alien in the begining! :p But somehow the car did not want to go trough the corner the way i wanted, so it went p on two wheels and drove nice and steady right into two photographers!! Damned Clio...
Later on the same stage i flipped the car and rolled in the snow.. after that the wheels had stranger angles than an Picazzp painting so the car was terrible to drive... Kept on going until i rolled the car again and killed the engine in some trees...

SS6... Loaded track... Car had the wheels below the track!! Rage Quit!!

No more rally today!

I did ok considering I did not have much practice and my 206 seemed very top heavy. First 4 stages went well, but I was a bit slower than the other Jeff. Then it all fell apart after I rolled off the road into a very solid bush on SS5 just missing 2 photographers who could of saved my rally by resetting me. Then rolled a 4 or 5 more times over the last 3 stages. Car felt like it was on stilts.

Thanks Roy, for a fun rally. this was surprisingly fun. I was timid when I heard it was snow, but it turned out pretty good thanks to the FWD cars. Still didn't finish all stages, but I made too many mistakes. Nice times by both Jeff's in the USX. Joakim, that's a tough break. Hope you have an easier time next week :)
Thanks again to all who made this week possible. Can't wait for next week.
-Ryan

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years