Rally - Rex Rises Again - Monday 6th & 7th August 2012

Decided to call it a day after this. Note the lovely red colour in the distance.

iT3I1.jpg

Driving in the wet really was frustrating.

The first couple of stages were fun, albeit pretty bad. 540 steering, don't use it in RBR, H-shifting, don't use it in RBR, hood cam, don't use it anywhere :D
I didn't do my avatar justice. Even though it's not the same car :D

Holy cow!!! That turned out to be much more difficult than I expected. :O_o:
Not sure if RallyeSim have altered the physics of this car since we last used it, but I found it pretty tricky to drive. It felt really heavy and understeery, maybe the stages or weather had something to do with it. Not having the ideal tyres for the wet stages made life even more "interesting".

I had many hairy moments, ran off track at Sikakarma and gently nudged a tree but the car survived and I was able to reverse back out and go again. Went wide on so many turns in various stages, I can't remember all of them. Noiker was very nerve wracking, so I just backed off for survival.
Sweet Lamb loaded ok for me, but it sure was a wild ride as I jumped all over the road in the bumps. I used wet tyres for it, which didn't help much, but I was glad to have wets on for Falstone II.

Looked like the OC Session was a last man standing event as everyone looked to have a crash or two. I managed to survive to the end, so pleased with that.

Thanks to those who ran in OC, sorry I wasn't on TS tonight, still having some sound gremlins with RBR and my new Mainboard Sound.

As my old Lancia Delta Integrale is totally worn out and I have ordered (and still waiting for) a "modern" Subaru Impreza 2000 for the second half of RDRC season this was a perfect test session in the Subaru team colours.
I enjoyed the car. Promising future for me I think, at least on snow and gravel. I really loved to be back on snow, but gave to much throttle and made many mistakes on both SS1 and 2. Finally the car went up in flames at Sikakama. Somehow the car was rescued and Ok before SS3 and I took it more calmly for the rest of the rally. Was lucky to land on the wheels after a roll at SS6. Sadly had to retire in the forest at SS8.
As many others I had problems in the bumps, and I haven´t learned about settings yet. Which adjustments should be done? Longer springs? Less stiff springs? What about the "helper"?
Anyway, Great rally! And I am impressed by the speed of Fernando and Magnar.
Thanks!

Congrats Magnar and Warren!

It's really close with Warren on SS4 where I rolled :D, great times too Gundars on very tricky stages, the final stage proved to be very deadly only 5 survived :confused:. My rally had a lot of crazy moments, with all those offs it's a surprise how I always ended up in front of Magnar by 3 seconds, I guess it's the adrenaline during the hair raising moments that made me push harder and gain back the lost times, this rally sure is very tricky.

Thanks all.

I got a top 5 finish? That's... that's...

2405990_o.gif

I am one of five to have completed the last stage!
After reading about everyone's rally experiences and seeing results, I can't decide if I should've not retired on SS4 or retired on another stage.

Holy cow!!! That turned out to be much more difficult than I expected. :O_o:
Not sure if RallyeSim have altered the physics of this car since we last used it, but I found it pretty tricky to drive. It felt really heavy and understeery, maybe the stages or weather had something to do with it. Not having the ideal tyres for the wet stages made life even more "interesting".

Try gravel tyres on Snow:whistling:

And I was saying about the car?:sneaky:

Congratulations Fernando, still too good for us. ;)
Well done Magnar, pretty close result considering the difficulty of this Rally.

Overall, the top 4 were surprisingly close this time.

Stage wins were spread around fairly well too, no doubt affected a bit by tyre choices this time. A couple of very fast stages there by Gundars. :thumbsup:

Red Ink aplenty this time, the combination of cumulative damage, a tricky handling car, and wet weather no doubt causing lots of frustration by SS08. Or did the long Noiker stage on SS07 take a toll on the cars by SS08?

Did anyone other than Adam have loading problems with Sweet Lamb, we need feedback on the "Fix"?

We'll give the prize to Tom for his P5 (since Chris has declined), looking forward to seeing your ideas. :cool:

Thanks again to Senad, Damien, and Fernando for their contributions. :thumbsup:

Not sure yet about next week's Club rally, but will hopefully be a return to RWD, just haven't finalised which car / cars. :unsure: I still have to do a bit of quick testing on a couple.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%