Rally - Realistic Volvo - Mon 7th & Tues 8th November 2011

No CFH and no DNF here, pretty good other than a lazy spin in the first right turn at Shepherds and getting stuck in the mud there. I lost about 20 seconds there spinning my wheels, would have been a dead heat between us otherwise.

Looks like only 2 of us made it for the US and it appears Corey may have given up after SS4. One CFH and a couple other dumb mistakes for me. At least no DNF's

I did drive a little cautious despite the fact that Sebastien mentioned how great his rally was.

hey hey, it is compared to my other rally. Because during an event it always happened that I missed a braking point, and I go outiside of the track (loosing not a lot of time, that's right). But on this event I always stay on the track, no mistake at all, that was really enjoyable.

sorry keegs, RSCenter randomly crashed on me >___>
its a shame you were the only other one on the server, could have had a decent war hehe
I'm also working on a confidential RBR project at the moment so this crashing thing could cause quite a few hassles :(
Will be there next week on TS and in game for sure!

Sorry to hear that Jack - i've had the same thing happen to me and it's not real good, Shame it did, because it seems as though now i'm on a solo run on my own in the OC session - guessing a few other guys had problems too? Anyway.. i'm nearly finished - been surprised on how well the car goes, the first time I drove it I wrecked out about 5 times, then came to terms with it - hate to say it, but i think i nearly 'like' the car...!

Looks like only 2 of us made it for the US and it appears Corey may have given up after SS4. One CFH and a couple other dumb mistakes for me. At least no DNF's

I wasn't going to join since i had zero practice but since so many signed up for the US session I decided to try my luck. Almost missed the start. Went really slow on ss1. ss2 hit something small near the edge of the road that launched me head long into a tree on the other side of the road. Engine died. ss3 i was all over the place and then another retirement in ss4. That took the wind out of my sails.

Thanks to all. I really wish I had taken the time to get a drivable setup because the Volvo sounds great and is pretty darn fun to drive when on the road surface.

Rally Results

Overall Rally Results

Congrats Sebastien, Karl and Jani :trophy:

Stage wins:
Sebastien Levret: 7 stage wins :star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
Oscar Hardwick: 1 stage win :star:

Sebastien just can't be phased.

Thanks to everyone who joined, and thanks to Warren for setting it up. No, wait, I did this one. Ah well. :rally:

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

I though I will edit some video, but the computer resists to cooperate. The recorded game content is working only for first part (recorded with FRAPS it got split into 5 files), but the rest 4 are shown as black in EDIUS. And Vegas stopped working too. Screw technology.

Fair enough, but didn't expected that high result. Aslo I heard that beating Sebastien is literally impossible, so 2nd place is best what I would took here :p Gratz to rest of podium, gaps are quite tight tbh.

Congratulations (again :rolleyes:) to Seb, the streak continues.
Well done to Karl and Jani, I think that's the first podium for both of you (I don't have the records available on my laptop).

Oscar managed to steal a stage win from Seb too, never easy.
Actually, Seb's times were not as dominant as usual, with many drivers running close times in most stages, Seb was again most consistent though.

I wish I was able to run this Rally, the Volvo is a tonne of fun once you get used to it's tail happy sliding and you can keep the tail staying behind the front :D. Nice Rally choice Senad, looking forward to your next one. :thumb:

Huge thanks to Senad, looking after the whole shebang while I'm away. :thanks:

Congrats Seb; if I'm not mistaken, your first RWD victory in the Club.

Great car, I hope it runs again soon. It took a few stages before I found my legs but once I did I put down enough good times for my first top five. Next stop, podium.

Good racing everyone - shame it was such a short field, this car is a fair challenge to drive and a fair bit of fun, had a spin on a stage (cant remember which) but that slowed me down a little bit but all in all good fun - well done to Senad for organising the event and keeping the ship while Warren is away...

Well done everyone.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back