Rally - Real WRC Team Trial - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th May 2011

i set up a session last night and Simone sniffed it out, he was flying, can`t remember what his finish time was but it was bloody quick :)

thanks for the tip on the brakes, i increased the brake pressure but left the bias alone, i also raised the car a little and sofend the susspension to try and handle the bumps a bit better which helped a little but the car seems so very light i got air boorne over a creast that is usualy easy flatout in 5th, but in this light weight i flew into a tree lol

I actually decreased the brake pressure ( i always do that :) ) to 5000 at front and 3750 at the back, this really helps me to stay at the brakes for longer and to avoid any lock ups. You're right about the lightness of the car, it does fly further then expected but the direction change if unbelievable because of the weight :). I find it very easy to drive, just have to keep in mind not to overdo it anywhere :). Try to increase the rebounds for less flying time lol.

I actually decreased the brake pressure ( i always do that :) ) to 5000 at front and 3750 at the back, this really helps me to stay at the brakes for longer and to avoid any lock ups. You're right about the lightness of the car, it does fly further then expected but the direction change if unbelievable because of the weight :). I find it very easy to drive, just have to keep in mind not to overdo it anywhere :). Try to increase the rebounds for less flying time lol.

as you would have noticed from my A310 setup i have lots and lots of brake pressure, i use Club sport pedals and with lower brake pressure i can`t feel the brakes :)

Mineshaft was also very good, my split 1 time was one of the best from EU, but I wasnt aware to push to my limits and I crossed them, stuck over the edge and couldnt restart the engine :D

Greenhills were nice and clean, I was less aggressive so I wasnt that fast, but finished

SS1: Daaaaaaaaaam, understeering car... Have to force it sideways, and making lot's of mistakes. One cfh as well. lost over 1 minute. Holy Macaroni!

SS2: No mistakes. That was a new experience on this stage. As usual a default setup, so didn't have the long gear ratio. But don't know if that is bad or not. Extremely happy!

SS3: Retired... No surprise. I hate Japan!

SS4: New japanese retirement. Glad I'm finished with those stages now!

SS5: Retired again. But this time on a stage I love :(

SS6: Lost the brakes. Then hit a tree. But it felt slow before that.

SS7: Hahahahahahahahahaha!! :D:D:D The second right corner, I heard "cut". So I cutted... a bit to much, and that was that! WoW!

SS8: Caught off guard by the desertmod :p And it was very humpy-bumpy with default setup.

I the end it went just as I had thought. I'm not to unhappy, i didn't plan to drive tonight, but decided I had time 10 min before the start. Dl'd the carpack, and went for it! It was fun, but a bit too much understeering. Looks like it is the second rally in a row without a stage win, that's not good.

Joux Plane, well I never tried this on gravel, so I was giving it big respect, but after 60% I ve got the france gravel into hands and pushed more, ended in badly judged note (left 3, so I drove left 3, but it was at least 4) and against tree I couldnt do anything :)

Last Hardwood Forest... well, what a mix with gravel and England :D not sure, but it felt terrible, the suspension was designed for different track I guess, but thats it, if I had practice before I could setup softer springs and could be only laughing :) but I finished, no call for help, great rally...

overall, well I had DNF every second stage (only 3 I have to note), but the rest is great, I am satisfied :)

NOTE: The onboard camera is terrible, it totally messes the outside feelings, it seems like you are slow, but you arent... dont use it :o)

I really enjoyed these cars on the test I did, and feel like not letting them go quite yet... Can I ask for a 16:00 GMT session tomorrow instead? I promise to chop the head of everyone at work who will try to make me work overtime tomorrow :banana:

Oh, and I really need to go to Zagreb with a full case of beer to Senad for all the grey hair I am putting on his head with my constant nag about sessions :sorry:

I really enjoyed these cars on the test I did, and feel like not letting them go quite yet... Can I ask for a 16:00 GMT session tomorrow instead? I promise to chop the head of everyone at work who will try to make me work overtime tomorrow :banana:

Oh, and I really need to go to Zagreb with a full case of beer to Senad for all the grey hair I am putting on his head with my constant nag about sessions :sorry:

LOL, no worries.
I'm more of a chocolate milk kind of guy though :rainbow: :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back