Rally - Real WRC Team Trial - Mon 23rd & Tues 24th May 2011

Warren Dawes

Premium
”Real WRC Team Trial”

Mon 23rd & Tues 24th May 2011

PLEASE NOTE THAT RSRBR 2011, (UPDATE 05) IS REQUIRED FOR THIS EVENT

Citroen DS3 and Ford Fiesta RS on a selection of gravel stages, using Realistic Damage. Also includes a Team Challenge.

Real-WRC-Team-Trial.jpg

Sessions: RD Real WRC EU / RD Real WRC US / RD Real WRC OC / RD Real WRC EUX

NOTE: We may include additional time zone Rallys if requested.

Car Pack: A8W-11 ( Please choose from either the Ford Team or the Citroen Team) **

Damage: Realistic

SS01 – USA - Prospect Ridge (Normal, Light Fog, Day)
SS02 – USA – Diamond Creek (Normal, Damp, Day)
SS03 - Japan – Pirka Minoko (Normal, Bad, Day)
SS04 - Japan - Noiker (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
SS05 – Australia – Mineshaft (Normal, Cloudy, Day)
SS06 – Australia – Greenhills (Normal, Good, Dusk)
SS07 - France – Joux Plane II (Gravel Mod, Good, Day)
SS08 - England – Harwood Forest II (Gravel Mod, Good, Day)

Europe Start: 19:00 GMT Monday *
US Start: 03:00 GMT Tuesday (11PM EDST (USA), 9PM Mountain Time) *
Oceania Start: 10:30 GMT Tuesday (QLD,NSW and VIC start time 8:30PM. ) *
EUX Start: 16:00 GMT Tuesday *

Additional timezone Rallys may be created on request.
If the USA Session drivers prefer a different Start time, please let us know, we can be flexible to suit.

* EU, OC, and US events will only be created on request - so please mention which zone you're signing up for. If no one signs up for a listed Session, it will not be created on the Server.
All sessions will be combined together for an overall result for the event. You can only run on one session.

** PLEASE NOTE: You may choose either the Citroen DS3 or Ford Fiesta RS from the A8W-11 Car pack. Also, please nominate your Team from the available choices on Sign-Up.

NOTES:
  • Click here to read the password!
  • You will require the RSRBR 2011 mod, ( Update 05 ), in order to participate, please see the installation and Usage thread.
  • You will also require the A8W-11 Car pack.
  • Teamspeak is highly recommended, and adds to the fun.

IMPORTANT:
  • Please sign up in the following format: RD Name (RSRBR2011 Name)
  • Take a screenie of RSCenter, or save your times, showing your final results at the end of the rally (including the car you drove!). This is in case any of your stages are missed by the server. If there's a discrepancy, please post your times ASAP so we're not adjusting times over 24 hours later.
  • You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted.
  • If you are new to Richard Burns Rally, we have provided a set of guidelines and links to help you get up and running: Here

Drivers:

NOTE: Please nominate which team you will drive for (However, please try to keep the Team Numbers evenly balanced if possible)

CITROEN TOTAL WORLD RALLY TEAM

1. Jeremy Loveland (Wol-Gran) - OC
  2. Rick Bamford (Lucifer) - OC
  3. Juen-Jen Wang (lizardfolk) - EU
  4. Ashok Revanna (tantragna) - OC
  5. Ian Bundell (ian_isnt) - EU
  6. Chris Williamson (Kurisu166) - OC
  7. William Tringas (patches13) - OC
  8. J.P. Sutphin (BlackFriday) - US
  9. Corey Twyman (theFlash) - US
  10. Luke McVicar (Mustafur) - OC
  11. Keegan Buckley (kbuckley) - OC
  12. Damien Jones (DJones) - OC
  13. John Cunningham (HH_BF1) - EU
  14. Driver
  15. Driver

FORD ABU DHABI WORLD RALLY TEAM

1. Senad Subasic (mfodor) - OC
  2. Gerben Kelly (Gerben Kelly) - EU
  3. Norman Biscuits (got_biscuits) - EU
  4. Robb Kulcsar (r27kul) - EU
  5. Ondrej Kapal (okapal) - EU
  6. Roy Magnes (Roy Magnes) - EUX
  7. Nigel Atkins (Marmiteman) - EU
  8. Hans Sneep (PeHaEe) - EU
  9. Pete Mull (SilverRallier) - EU
  10. Kevin Hopkins (Kevin Hopkins) - OC
  11. Warren Dawes (WAD53) - OC
  12. Dariusz Swiderski (swider) - EU
  13. Hubert Smolders (Speedthrill) - EU
  14. Ole Marius Myrvold (Ole Myrvold) - EU
  15. Driver

Our next Rally is open for sign-up.

This Rally will be our second testing Rally using Realistic Damage.

For this test, we will use only Gravel Stages, spread across most Countries, but with some variation in tightness, flow, and bumpiness. This should again suit the gravel jockeys. Weather conditions will vary but we have tried to keep the Stages reasonably mild to balance the Realistic Damage Setting.

The car choice is from the 2011 WRC cars of Citroen and Ford Rally Teams, and for added interest, we will include a Team Challenge. So, you must choose to drive for Citroen or Ford when you sign up, and we would like to get evenly matched numbers in each Team if possible.

The Team Challenge: This is included to add a bit more fun and some interest (and bragging rights :wink: ). Hopefully, it gives drivers some incentive to continue in the Rally, even if they incur the odd DNF. Points will be allocated based on finishing positions in each Stage, plus bonus points for the Overall Result.

Points: (dependent on the size of the grid). Example based on 15 drivers:
P1 = 15 points, P2 = 14 pts, P3 = 13 pts, etc. No points if you don’t finish the Stage.
The same bonus points apply for the overall Rally position.

All drivers score points for their Team, even if one Team has more drivers, but please try to keep the Teams close to equal numbers by checking the sign ups.

Highest points Team is the winner. :trophy:

DRIVER BRIEFING NOTES:

1. These cars are smaller, less powerful 4WD cars, but still pack a punch. They are reasonably stable to drive and well balanced. However, more care will be needed to protect the car from the added effects of Realistic Damage.

2. RBR Pacenotes are designed for default cars, Normal conditions and Good weather. Please remember to adjust your speeds to suit these cars.

3. Tyre selections are the drivers responsibility. If you use the automatic tyre selection option in RSRBR2011, please beware that sometimes it may give you the wrong tyre for the conditions. Always double check your tyres, it is critical.

If requests are made for any additional timezones, or changes to Start times to better suit your local needs, we will try to include them ( but within the Monday/Tuesday periods).

Please note that Start Times now take into account DST adjustments around the world, including the Server time. Please check your local times.

Good luck all, and we look forward to a good roll up. :rally: :signup:

Here’s a little video to set the scene.

Jeremy Loveland - Wol-Gran - OC - Citroen

Sounds like another fun event ahead.
Hey Warren ive put citroen down but if ford are struggling for numbers i can change team to suit if needed!

A note to anyone who hasnt driven these cars they are alot of fun (as with most of them) but can struggle a bit to pull out of corners unless you have high rev's, also they can be flung around a bit more than the standard cars by bumps due to there light wieght i guess.

I'll wait for a few days and join whichever Team looks like it needs a driver.

If only the MINI was available. :pray:

EDIT: Huge thanks to Damien for the classy new Banner for this event. :thanks:

yayyyy!!! :D I was looking for the real deal this season's WRC... Thanks for rally

I liked the fiesta over the ds3, but what to do.... I am cheering for Petter for long... so DS3 for me :)

Ashok Revanna - tantragna - OC - DS3

Sounds like a fun event, I have been wanting to drive these cars for a while, but not found the time for it yet :)
Once again I am in the squeeze of time, could I have yet another 15:00 GMT session on monday, please?

Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EUX - Ford

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years