Rally - Real Rally Challenge - Monday 26th & Tuesday 27th November 2012

Ok that was fun but brief...

I did a decent SS1, very carefully bringing the car home without any touch, wich was my aim for this rally.

In SS2 I was doing the same but accidentally I went into one of the boxes that check the splits and after that my car was not moving.

I went to the service park, and started next SS3 (with snow tyres because I forgot to change that), but while taking a corner the car just didn't move anymore, and besides I started all the other specials it just won't move...

See you next monday :D

Really nice rally with some new stages:
SS1 Liked the car from the very start. Disrupted. Had to take a phone call in the middle of the stage
SS2 Missed the stage when talkin in the phone. Sad because I was looking forward to this stage. Saw this stage live, in real life 2011.
SS3 Went off and wrecked a large wooden fence. Lost 15 sec. Car worked good afterwards
SS4 Spun and went off into the woods. Lost 10 sec
SS5 Good one.
SS6 Also ok, but I always drive safe on tarmac
SS7 Had a very difficult stroboscopic effect for the first 3 min. Could hardly see the road and had to drive very slow. When the strobo effect suddenly disappeared I gave fullthrottle and rolled in the next corner. CFH.
SS8 Narrow stage. Took it safe. and apparently slow compared to the top drivers.

Thanks to the norwegian organisation team!

If they were BTB stages, you have to wait for a bit, and they will finish on their own.

You are listed as retired on SS5, with a default time, so that's why you had retired on SS6 as well.
If you didn't save your times, I'm afraid I can't fix it.

Ah ok, good to know it was just my fault for being impatient, rather than something wrong with my install. Thanks Senad. Anyway the rally was fun despite my hiccups, though I didn't enjoy the car as much as the WRC ones from last week, maybe they're still developing the physics?

SS1 & SS2 were fine, no big dramas on track, just getting used to the car.
SS3 (Pibram) I struggled quite badly here, there must be some kind of trick to drive this stage without constantly being thrown off the road lol. I tried driving fast and slow but the bumps make it quite a challenge, glad when it was over.
SS4 - Nice stage, the dense trees and shadows really add to the immersion, it was fun, got into a couple of ditches though.
SS5 - My favouite stage of the rally, the tyres I chose made it pretty slippery on tarmac, but had fun throwing the car around here.
SS6 - Not my best effort, was pushing too hard and had a couple of trips down the banks resulting in CFH's. Finished the stage minus drivers door & bonnet :).
SS7 - Bit of a weird stage, the road was really flat but was nice to go flatout.
SS8 - Another cool stage, hit one rock and bent the steering otherwise no dramas.

Thanks guys for the challenge!

Was nice battling against Jack. I was quicker on SS1 but after that he just flew away from me. Two CFHs on PTD Rallysprint didn't help catch him either.

First time in ages a rally without retirements :p

Great rally with Tapio, also the first time in ages without a string of faults :D

SS1: Clean, fast (for me) and no mistakes
SS2: Clipped a tyre on the first half, but no time delay. lots of handbrake!
SS3: Extremely caution, ran at 75% as not to make any mistakes
SS4: Gentle roll over a slight bump about halfway in, no damage though :)
SS5: 0 response from the steering and braking on slow corners resulted in falling off a *slight* incline and the car not having enough torque to get back up >_< CFH there :(
SS6: Much better run on that stage, no faults but still cautious,
SS7: Amazing run through Savo, one of my best performances on that stage ever :D
SS8: Best ever time through Swiss Tar, only a minor hit to a rock on the last corner O_o

Spot on rally, real b***tad mixes of stages and weather, made it incredibly interesting, and I have managed a few things I've never done before in RBR. Only downside was my CFH in PTD, which dashed my hopes of a good result :(
But on the whole, at least I didn't retire any and set some new PBs. I'm satisfied with that.

Thanks to everyone who organised it, maybe we could turn this into a series? I enjoyed it a ton.

Thanks to everyone who organised it, maybe we could turn this into a series? I enjoyed it a ton.

Well, I personally really enjoy these kind of rallies, and it's been more popular than I thought. So, it won't be the last time, but it's not going to be the norm either.
It'll be interesting to see what RSRBR 2013 enables as online-stages. There are some I would really love to use, that ain't possible to use online, yet.

Very happy that you liked it! :D

Took a lap round each of the ss to see if they worked.

They worked fine, but the nut between the seat and the steering wheel is definately broken and badly out of practise. Its going to be a very short rally as I appear to be unable to avoid any objects no matter how tricky it is to hit them.

Just finished:
Not bad considering. No CFH or retirements. I did take the wrong tyres, I even had it in red ink all special an all. O well. Good fun, and thanks to all, orgainisers and drivers alike!

I am going for a lie down in a dark quiet room..

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%