Rally - Rallye Monte Carlo - Monday 28th & Tuesday 29th January 2013

Ok, all went well, all tracks loaded and ran fine.

( I have update 1 and patch loaded)

Wee skoda was fun to drive, I drove reaaaaal slow and made it round without too many spins.

Thanks to all, drivers and organisers alike!

Thought so as well, but it is not possible to join the session without the pack installed (I tried :D )
Oh.

And, well, I'm happy that SS 6-8 is cancelled. Not sure if John or Magnar realized I put the wrong Akagi there?

My driving was OK, nothing more. The day was much rougher than I expected, so I'm somewhat here with my body, but not my mind. (If a direct translations from a Norwegian saying means anything in English)

My bad, just checked and I didn't have that patch installed. So it does seem like that was the issue!

Hadn't really seen or heard anything about it before now though, must keep my eyes better pealed next time!

Ta

So, as a matter of interest, who had problems loading stages and did Not have BOTH update1 and patch1 installed?

It does look like all the people that had the problem, did not have the patch innstalled.

And John, I F'ed up our EUY session badly, really sorry for this. And somehow "hope" that you are far away from a top position. Right now I'm just fed up (not with running this, but with... almost everything) and pissed that I haven't managed to do things right with this rally. I knew I would struggle with driving, but setting up the session as well. Meeh, I'm not a happybunny now.

Ole, Ole, Ole...

No need to apologise, I appreciate the effort! Take it easy, its all a 'learning experience' and I am quite sure I will be floating near the bottom position, but even if I wasnt there would still be no complaints from me to a gentleman who is trying his best, for free, to let me race for fun against all you decent people.

Deep breaths and try to enjoy the challenge!

jc

Ole,

personally, I didn't installed the correction to update 1. I had the last 2 stages crashed and I thing I'm myself responsible of this. If I had better read the topic (I have no excuses, I'm french and it was written on the black on white on RSRBR homepage:D) , it wouldn't have happened.
I appreciate your job, mistakes can happen, don't worry ;)

humm otherwise, I wanted to post some screens, but I have to enter an URL, the photos are on my PC, how can I do please? :p

Cedric Germain You have to upload it to a filehost (imageshack, photobucket, drobox etc. etc.) then use the URL you get there to share.

If you use the norwegian bildr.no, you click "choose file" - then choose the file on your computer. Then click "last opp". And copy the text under "BBCODE". And you will get something like this (which is "click for larger" )

T
here are better hosts. But this one is awfully simple, and doesn't need any registration :)

Ole and Roy you are doing great in my opinion. It's a ton of work and I appreciate what you guys do to allow the rest of us to have fun.

Mike, very unfair you got penalized so much for SS1 it was my only solid stage.

SS2 I bent the axle so it was hard to steer to get to the finish and SS3 I carried over the same problems.

SS4 was pretty good with a bit of luck. I rolled it but the car managed to end up on the wheels on the road and pointed in the right direction.

SS5 I was on two wheels about three times but managed to keep it from going over.

SS6 I choose Tarmac wet and ended up limping in after hit a big rock.

SS7 was hard to control because of the damage from the previous stage but just when I started to get the feel for it I turned in too soon and smacked a wall which ended the stage for me.

SS8 on the wets and slowly brought it home.

Very fun rally.

I've got next weeks rally in the mould here right now, and I can tell you that it will be perfect ;)
The stages will be properly tested tomorrow, and everything should make for a great revenge in another test event for the RDRC :)

I really hope that RallyeSim include whatever the Patch does into their next Update. Then the installation process will be simpler and everyone will have all the needed fixes.

Oh about that thing on rally school, as I'm very new I wasn't sure what happens when the car is terminally damaged, on SS3 I've clicked "repair" as I had no clue then on SS5 I've seen that the car was fully functional even though again I have destroyed engine fully in the previous stage unluckily and then I had really mixed feeling about what happened, so I've just clicked "repair" on the last stage also as I just wasn't sure. No CTD though.

Oh about that thing on rally school, as I'm very new I wasn't sure what happens when the car is terminally damaged, on SS3 I've clicked "repair" as I had no clue then on SS5 I've seen that the car was fully functional even though again I have destroyed engine fully unluckily and then I had really mixed feeling about what happened, so I've just clicked "repair" on the last stage also as I just wasn't sure. No crash though.

Well, I might not have understood you correctly, or answering on something that I don't need to answer.

Anyway, if you retire on a stage, you will get a new, fresh car for the next stage. If you finish with a damaged car, that you know you won't finish the next stage with. You can click repair to skip that stage, and get a fresh car.
But there are no reasons to use the repair button in the RD Club! :)

Well, I might not have understood you correctly, or answering on something that I don't need to answer.

Anyway, if you retire on a stage, you will get a new, fresh car for the next stage. If you finish with a damaged car, that you know you won't finish the next stage with. You can click repair to skip that stage, and get a fresh car.
But there are no reasons to use the repair button in the RD Club! :)

Ok thanks, as said I wasn't sure so thanks for the clarification, better learn these things now rather than later :) I'll try to join the next rally and hopefully finish stages a bit more often than here, a lot to learn still :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 68 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.8%