Rally - Rallye Monte Carlo - Monday 28th & Tuesday 29th January 2013

As I said, with how the rally was planned, it would be somewhat unfair, anyway. I do see, that if I had waited til after the last session to "cancel" the last two stages, others could've made the mistake as well.

The thing is, that regarding the last stage, snow tyres was the safest option in the rally, but not the fastest. I do understand that people choosing snow tyres on the last loop will loose around 20 seconds more than they would with all stages counting.

These are the things that can happen in rallies designed to test out bugs for the upcoming RDRC season.

I also understand that this should be for fun, and it is just a game. But, in real rallying, cancellation of stages are made, and it is bad luck for then having the wrong tyres.

SS 7 & 8 Remains cancelled, and this is the way I feel it should be done. However, Roy will also make up his own opinion on this when he wakes up, and then we'll see about SS6. But as it stands right now, SS 1-6 will be standing as the official result, while unofficial results for SS1-8 will be given.

It will be unfair for the ones with tarmac tyres in the EUX & EU session if SS6 is cancelled, and it will be unfair for the ones with snow tyres, if it counts.

That being said, if anyone else have something to say about the cancellations I'm more than willing to listen :) I'm not going to go against a clear majority just for the sake of bossing around!

EDIT: Darn, I write way to long posts sometimes.

Ok, what ever you decide is ok, But. IF I understand correctly, the issue was already in the forums. I mean if this is about the thing that you have to download the fix file to Fix :p Maybe I got it wrong but I haven't driven this game since the end of the last season and just installed the latest version and the fix before this rally, and I didn't have any problems. so if I got this wrong I'm sorry. And I don't mean this in bad way, just saying. I know this is " just testing". If this were Championship I would be furious :DD You know what is for best, counting on you. :)

Edit: Sorry, But I just have to add one more opinion, I think that this part should be just the opposite to be fair for us "SS 1-6 will be standing as the official result, while unofficial results for SS1-8 will be given. "

I respect Ole's decision.

But, I'll be honest with myself and others and choose the tyres I was originally going to use (Tarmac Wet), rather than picking Tarmac Dry, even though SS7&SS8 are cancelled.

Maybe a policy should be adopted regarding non-mandatory patching?

Maybe a policy should be adopted regarding non-mandatory patching?

The policy will most likely be: Everything is mandatory for RD Club.
As I and Roy are driving quite a bit or RSRBR, we always update everything. So when we test, and it works for us, we will usually go with that.
That is what happened here.

Let's just hope the French doesn't put out any more patches. Just the normal updates. What a mess.

Bit disappointing to see these bugs / problems occurring, but I think everyone needs to be a bit tolerant right now with Ole and Roy. They have taken on the new leadership role at a difficult time (RSRBR2013 is quite different and is off to a bit of a rocky start), but they are trying to take some risks to expand the Rally Club into the newer (and probably development) Stages. They should be applauded for trying to add more variety to Club Events ( I was more conservative and avoided dodgy stuff, but it became a tad boring for many).

Re the "Patch", it does indeed seem to be mandatory, despite what RallyeSim are reporting. See this post from our Forum and especially Porridge's posts.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rsrbr2013-update-01.62667/

I'm sorry I haven't yet updated my Installation Tutorial for RSRBR2013, it may have been helpful. Unfortunately, real life has interfered with my available time, so I haven't yet been able to confidently update the tutorial. I've only just installed RSRBR2013 (and the Updates / Patch). It seems to be working but I haven't tested it extensively (only done a couple of quick runs at Rally School) and certainly haven't tried to go on-line. So I don't feel confident enough to be sure that my Installation advice will be correct, but I'm willing to post the tutorial if others are tolerant of any boo boo's I may make initially.

In the meantime, please give Ole and Roy some slack, they are learning rapidly and coping with some unexpected issues. Just remember, this is only a Rally Club, no one suffers if you don't win or get the expected result. It is very important to get these issues sorted before commencing the RDRC.

I hope to join some Club Rallys soon but right now my life seems distracted and very hectic. :)

Horrible start for me. Crashed on SS1 after hitting a railing, resulting in a DNF. Then crashed on SS2, distracted thinking about the crash in SS1 :p
(SS1 contractual time seemed very long (6:30, nearly 5 minutes on stage time), and SS2 very short(7:30, much closer to actual stage time))

It went alright afterwards though, although I was a bit slower on Akagi and the Rally School than I had been practicing.

Really disappointed in the two retirements though.

A big thank you to the organizers though, I had a lot of fun on the stages :)

Well, this has created a havoc indeed.

I call force majeure on the final loop of stages of the rally, and cancel them from the official results of the rally. This means that the official results will consist of stages 1 to 5.
I would still like to see how it all would have gone with the final loop of stages included, that is the main reson for why I put it up like I did :D

I would like to appologize to everyone for all the :poop::poop::poop::poop: we have had so far into 2013. We have had 3 rallys so far this year, and all 3 have been big failures from the organizing side of things. From me messing up sessions and starting-times to the mess this time with the BTB-fix that we should have thought about before the event.

We are still learning a lot in our new jobs, and we will get better once we have discovered every trap and pit it is possible to fall into. Please bare with us as we step into every single one of these, at some point we will have experienced it all so that we can avoid them in the future :)

That's just unpleasant Senad, I'm just expressing my simple thoughts with the issue, it's not like I'm gonna end up suing someone here, but anyway I'm very pleased with Ole's response :thumbsup:.
Simple thoughts about a fun, club rally, you're most likely to win anyway, with exclamation marks, and the guy has a funeral tomorrow. It's that important.
That's unpleasant in my view, but your and Tero's mileage obviously varies, so I guess it's just me.

Guys, don't even worry about it or apologize, we all know you are doing it on your own time and free will. Personally I greatly appreciate the fact that you guys are trying with the new stages to increase the variety for next season.

Of course this will matter to some but not all, luckily we all are different :)

But my 2 cents: you are doing a great and not simple job, and I am thankful for it!

(also might join EUY, thanks Ole Marius!)

Roy, you and Ole are doing a fine job, these will always be a factor when learning a new thing AND having to cater from a brand new version of the game.

Its good that these things happen now and that we can sort the issues now instead of down the line a month or so when RDRC begins.

I thought I could be Mr consistent this rally, but I hit the windows key on my keyboard accidentally on the first stage, so that minimized the game and couldn't go back into it, so thats a retire. and from now on I will keep my keyboard out of the way when I race. Perfect example actually :p

Also, I thought I better just retire on the final stage, going into the first corner at 5km/h and not being able to stop the car going into the river...priceless :thumbsup:

on the whole I thought it was a great rally, I really enjoyed myself!!

I couldn't agree more with these guys, you guys (Roy and Ole) are doing a great job. I'm having an absolute blast racing on these club events and I know that's thanks to you guys dedication for organizing them.

I thought I could be Mr consistent this rally, but I hit the windows key on my keyboard accidentally on the first stage, so that minimized the game and couldn't go back into it, so thats a retire. and from now on I will keep my keyboard out of the way when I race. Perfect example actually :p

There is a fix for this in our forum. Somewhere within the "getting started posts". I think Senad posted it. Will have a look now.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rbr-rsrbr-faq-please-read-before-posting.16392/
Look for "Window Mode"; this should help you?:)

Ole Marius Myrvold Very sorry for your loss!
Ole Marius Myrvold Roy Magnes Keep up the good work! I have no doubt we will have it all sorted before the season starts.

Would have liked to race yesterday, but no luck. Have not yet found anything on the web about this. I hope after reinstalling over the weekend it will work online. Seems not to be related to the choice of stages.

Hi everybody,

It was nice yesterday to race on RD rallye again.

This was a hard rally, oh my god...

SS01: a pleasant one, I didn't made a great time, but I wanted to finish it without crash into the beton tyres.
SS02: very hard stage that I never practiced. I was sliding too much, but finished it after a lot of 360°. I noticed after finishing the line and look at my time that: it would has been better for me to skip this stage instead finishing it!!! (my time was 10'11''26 and the "contractual time" was about 7'00'00:):)
SS03: I like those stage with snow everywhere, I had some great feelings with the focus 00
SS04: Joux Plane: difficult stage with not much grip, I made 70% and then crashed the car into a tree... did not finished...
SS05: Joux Verte - I had intermediate tyres... on ice it was hard, in the dry portion of the SS, I loved it, it was really rally, with some cures at the limit!:)
SS06:- Malaga A7000: I didn't know this stage before, it was ok, I didn't enjoy that much this stage.
SS07: Unfortunatly, the game crashed
SS08: Unfortunatly, the game crashed

I knew this rally wouln't be an easy thing. I tried my best, I don't know if I had the best setup, it slided a lot and it was a new car for me, but I enjoyed a lot some SS in this rally, I had adrenalin :thumbsup: . And It's so nice to fight again the time and against you.

I will try to post some pictures later.

Thank you and RD!:)

I agree with wht everyone is saying, I'm not bothered in the least that things went wrong, its a Game with a bit of friendly banter/competition :), we need to know where it goes wrong to run smoothly so alls good!

Just a bit of information that might stir things up, I'm pretty sure I have the Patch installed. I Can't confirm this at this time as I'm at work wont be home for a few hours, so I'll confirm then, but I have a feeling this wasn't to do with that patch...

Again I can't confirm this but I do remember installing a patch after the update, and would explain why, in the EU session, Kacper was able to start Akagi II, but not Rally School, and the rest of us did neither, as he was slightly ahead due to unfortunate DNF's. Kacper Kolodziejczyk am I right in saying the game crashed on Rally School for you?

I'll inform more when I get home.

Thanks

I missed EU, I will try for the EUY if I can just to add info for the testing.

As I might not make it (and havent practised at all) if I am the only one left to run please feel free to cancel me and post the results....

Damn, my computer decided to be super slow and it took aaaaaaages to get the btb installation file to start (then it installed in 30 seconds...) so i was a few minutes too late. Oh well, looking forward to the next one already!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back