Rally - Rallye Monte Carlo - Monday 28th & Tuesday 29th January 2013

Yeah I think it was a time thing, as in all the sessions stopped working at the same time (of day). 3 of us were just about to start SS7, where as Kacper was already on the stage. Then from then on nothing worked.

Time thing? It is somewhat essential that we try to work this out, as there might be some BTB stages in the RDRC if everything works out.

It is a known thing that some BTB stages have extremely short time-limit, however, that should CTD anything, and u should be able to run the other stages anyway.

You guys that had crashes, do you have innstalled the not-mandatory patch?

Glad I read through this thread before the US session starts. Listed in the non-mandatory patch page is this:
    • Fix launching BTB tracks in public session
So it seems like that patch is mandatory for all joining this Rallye. :p

Yeah, to be honest, both me and Roy download everything we can all the time, and as long it said it wasn't mandatory, none of us thought much about it.
I guess we can be blamed this time as well! :)
I apologize for this :/

Time thing? It is somewhat essential that we try to work this out, as there might be some BTB stages in the RDRC if everything works out.

It is a known thing that some BTB stages have extremely short time-limit, however, that should CTD anything, and u should be able to run the other stages anyway.

You guys that had crashes, do you have innstalled the not-mandatory patch?

I dnf'd the ss2 . I have the "fix" and didn't have any issues with final stages, hope that helps

How many stages are affected? Perhaps some could be omitted from the final results, to make it fair for everyone?

The last two is effected, as there are a bug that stops the game to load stages after a BTB stage without the patch.
A bit sad, as those stages where "designed" to separate quite a bit timewise. Oh well, the positive thing is that it looks like a solution is found.

I just made it through without any troule at all apart from my own driving.
Shame that the rally ended like this, we might try for revenge on a later date :)

And Fernando is just too fast, I think we'll need to give him an extra challenge for the next club race :p

The last two is effected, as there are a bug that stops the game to load stages after a BTB stage without the patch.
A bit sad, as those stages where "designed" to separate quite a bit timewise. Oh well, the positive thing is that it looks like a solution is found.

So to clarify, are SS7 & SS8 omitted from the results for everyone?

So to clarify, are SS7 & SS8 omitted from the results for everyone?

Roy just went to bed, so I'll take an undemocratic decision and say, yes.

However, if Senad is willing, there will be a second result-table, that shows the times of these stages as well for the guys who ran them. But the official rally will end after SS6.

I understand that this will be unfair for people running snow tyres on the last loop compared to the guys running tarmac on the last loop, as SS6 is tarmac.
However, not counting any of these will not be the right decision either. As some of the point of these stages was to choose the tyres that was safest/fastest/best suited for ones driving style.

I am again deeply sorry for not thinking about the patch, and I take the full responsibility for this.
Starting to stack up a good amount of errors in 2013 now. This is not good enough of me, it will get better. I promise. Sorry again to all that is affected by this.

Pinky

And while I'm on it. There will be an EUY session Tuesday at 17:00 GMT, that is my only shot at running this due to not being at home, as I'm going to my granddads funeral tomorrow. So the results might not be out before Wednesday.

*edit* wrong day! Fixed

Roy just went to bed, so I'll take an undemocratic decision and say, yes.

However, if Senad is willing, there will be a second result-table, that shows the times of these stages as well for the guys who ran them. But the official rally will end after SS6.

Sure, I don't mind :thumbsup:

And while I'm on it. There will be an EUY session Tuesday at 17:00 GMT, that is my only shot at running this due to not being at home, as I'm going to my granddads funeral tomorrow. So the results might not be out before Sunday.
Oh, I'm sorry about your loss.

:O_o: Ending it on SS6 will not be fair for guys who used snow tyres for the last 3 stages!

I guess It would be fine to remove the final 2 stages if this event were set to a Standard session where you don't worry about choosing the best tyre for the stages before service.

I could be very fast on SS6 with the tarmac tyres but I chose to sacrifice with snow tyres because the last stage is snow!

:O_o: Ending it on SS6 will not be fair for guys who used snow tyres for the last 3 stages!

I guess It would be fine to remove the final 2 stages if this event were set to a Standard session where you don't worry about choosing the best tyre for the stages before service.

I could be very fast on SS6 with the tarmac tyres but I chose to sacrifice with snow tyres because the last stage is snow!

As I said, with how the rally was planned, it would be somewhat unfair, anyway. I do see, that if I had waited til after the last session to "cancel" the last two stages, others could've made the mistake as well.

The thing is, that regarding the last stage, snow tyres was the safest option in the rally, but not the fastest. I do understand that people choosing snow tyres on the last loop will loose around 20 seconds more than they would with all stages counting.

These are the things that can happen in rallies designed to test out bugs for the upcoming RDRC season.

I also understand that this should be for fun, and it is just a game. But, in real rallying, cancellation of stages are made, and it is bad luck for then having the wrong tyres.

SS 7 & 8 Remains cancelled, and this is the way I feel it should be done. However, Roy will also make up his own opinion on this when he wakes up, and then we'll see about SS6. But as it stands right now, SS 1-6 will be standing as the official result, while unofficial results for SS1-8 will be given.

It will be unfair for the ones with tarmac tyres in the EUX & EU session if SS6 is cancelled, and it will be unfair for the ones with snow tyres, if it counts.

That being said, if anyone else have something to say about the cancellations I'm more than willing to listen :) I'm not going to go against a clear majority just for the sake of bossing around!

EDIT: Darn, I write way to long posts sometimes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.2%